• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - Phoenix at San Jose- Feb 1, 7:00PM

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Couture sick?

or just had the day off?

Or did he get hurt in the warm up?

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a really good defensive play by Seto in the last few minutes. Someone mentioned that we would see what they were made of in the 3rd so I guess that's the answer. Stalock did a real good job in a tough spot - so kudos to him.

It still concerns me a LOT that the big players rely on Pav, Eager and Wellwood to get the momentum rolling. It seems like it should go the other direction... and yes, that's an expensive problem.

Regardless - thats 2 points and a comeback win... I'll take it.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stalock puts it on lockdown!

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge block by Seto, earned a lot of respect on that one. Logan has the flu Chango.

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I dislike the Sharks, that was one hell of a third period. fucking SH breakaway by Patty was sick. must of got an ass chewing during the 2nd inter.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although everybody is happy about the win and even more happy about the urgency our team showed, we are still very disappointed in the fact that they stunk it up for 40 minutes. I hope they don't think they can get away with this every night.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although everybody is happy about the win and even more happy about the urgency our team showed, we are still very disappointed in the fact that they stunk it up for 40 minutes. I hope they don't think they can get away with this every night.

debbie_downer.jpg

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After I typed that, Pavelski echoed my comments by saying the same exact thing. If you have his email address I will forward him your Debbie Downer picture for you. I mean seriously...I'm trying to stay grounded and realistic here. I'm ecstatic that they won, but can they win like that every night or in the playoffs? Most definitely not. - Debbie Downer

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just got home...

rediculous game on all fronts... The last 10 mins of the 1st and the whole 2nd period was some of the most lazy, pathetic, annoying, disgusting, unacceptably braindead hockey that I've seen maybe all year. Everyone stunk. The big 3, pavs, niemi, the entire D... It was a team effort at stinkage. Then they get what appears to be a likely meaningless PP goal on really a kinda broken play where the yote defender tipped a pass that otherwise bryz probably would have swallowed, and pavs get a tap in. I was thinking, "well, at least they werent shut out... at home... again." Then, the sharks of the 1st half of 08-09 showed up? from whence you ask? god knows, but it was the best period I've seen in a loooooooooooong time. Crashing the net, skating hard, passing, hitting, shooting, everything was good (except for the PP... man heater and jumbo were bad...). It's like two completely different teams. It pains me they cant play like that 3rd a bit more consistently but man, that was fun. Pavs was right place right time johnny on the spot and patty... turns out he has speed!! Who knew!!!

p.s.: wellwood had a whale of a game. Drew a call to lead to a goal and scored the game tying goal. Could be a great pickup there as he and eager were a force out there.

Maybe this is the period that changes it all???

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
by the way, does stalock get his nickname? Nolan 'Jesus' Schaefer makes way for Alex Steel-lock... or alex staals-suck... or Alex stay-locked (in)...

SharkFan0720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Everyone back to reality, that was a pathetic display of hockey. Who cares that they won? As the team stands this season is over. People stop getting excited. The D is atrocious and the goaltending is suspect at best. Im here fort a cup, not making the playoffs. This team right now has no chance.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
by the way, does stalock get his nickname? Nolan 'Jesus' Schaefer makes way for Alex Steel-lock... or alex staals-suck... or Alex stay-locked (in)...

He's going to need more then 9 shots and a little over a period of NHL hockey before getting any type of nickname. But he might be ready now, which would make Niemi another trading chip, he or Knitting Monkey, though dumping Niemi on Ottawa for Chris Phillips would be awesome

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at a bar in Chicago and they had this on TV. needless to say I was the only one cheering when we came back--everyone at the bar was like wtf?

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at a bar in Chicago and they had this on TV. needless to say I was the only one cheering when we came back--everyone at the bar was like wtf?

What are you doing out in bars!? I thought everyone in the Midwest was hiding from their snow down in their tornado cellars!

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone back to reality, that was a pathetic display of hockey. Who cares that they won? As the team stands this season is over. People stop getting excited. The D is atrocious and the goaltending is suspect at best. Im here fort a cup, not making the playoffs. This team right now has no chance.

Many of us know that a lot needs to change for this team to seriously contend for the Cup. Does that mean we should not be happy for a win? If anything, be happy now cause this season will not end happily. Just take the game for what it is and look short term. It was a nice comeback win. Something the Sharks have been on the wrong end of too many times this season. Just try to enjoy it. One game at a time.