• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - Giants at Reds - 10/9/12

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's crazy. Cueto must be really badly hurt. If Leake pitches well today and the Reds do get the win, Cueto will not be able to pitch in the LCS. Tough break for the redlegs, Giants need to find a way to take advantage.....unlike in Game 1. The good news for you ck is that he's pitching against the Giants lineup. :L

Today's game could really tell the tale, and it might do so early. Cinci throwing a not scary pitcher, if we get some runs early for Zito he relaxes and becomes pretty effective. If we win today all the pressure is on the Reds tomorrow, and Cain will be pitching for redemption.

Then again, I'm contradicting myself here, creating narratives to overlay on fairly random events.

:noidea:

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about this a bit further, and came up with one guy who may have been able to take the reigns in this situation, had Pence not done so...

Affeldt. Remember, he was the guy who took the mic in the first Doggie game last year. Sure, he is only a setup reliever, but I think he is one of the "respected" guys in the clubhouse.

Never bet against a man with a knife and frozen burger patties.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's crazy. Cueto must be really badly hurt. If Leake pitches well today and the Reds do get the win, Cueto will not be able to pitch in the LCS. Tough break for the redlegs, Giants need to find a way to take advantage.....unlike in Game 1. The good news for you ck is that he's pitching against the Giants lineup. :L

The Reds medical staff is a total joke and have no idea how be realistic, so this really doesn't come as a surprise. Everything is initially not as bad as it seems to our crack med team...then you have 'back spasms' turn into a strained oblique (which is serious for a pitcher) or knee inflammation turn into TWO knee surgeries and your MVP on the bench for 49 games. :L

SF still only has 1 real earned run this series, so I am hoping the bats stay quiet :bolt:

Today's game could really tell the tale, and it might do so early. Cinci throwing a not scary pitcher, if we get some runs early for Zito he relaxes and becomes pretty effective. If we win today all the pressure is on the Reds tomorrow, and Cain will be pitching for redemption.

Then again, I'm contradicting myself here, creating narratives to overlay on fairly random events.

Latos should go in game 5 if necessary. Would definitely be an interesting (re)matchup

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It doesn't bother me when I like the narrative. ;)

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Reds medical staff is a total joke and have no idea how be realistic, so this really doesn't come as a surprise. Everything is initially not as bad as it seems to our crack med team...then you have 'back spasms' turn into a strained oblique (which is serious for a pitcher) or knee inflammation turn into TWO knee surgeries and your MVP on the bench for 49 games. :L

SF still only has 1 real earned run this series, so I am hoping the bats stay quiet :bolt:

Sad, but true. No need to run from the truth. Today should be fun. Boch might throw both of our "Cy Young Award Winners" at you. :)

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Latos should go in game 5 if necessary. Would definitely be an interesting (re)matchup

Hey, we are sooooo due for some runs, reversion to the mean and all...

:lock1::rockon:

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anybody get the feeling that Pence's speech kind of went over like Blutarsky's?

Buster to Cain: I know it's only my second and a half season in the bigs.....but, how long has this guy been here? What 2 months?
Cain to Buster: Forget it he's rolling.
The rest of the Giants: I have no idea what this guy just said, but it was fucking awesome!!! Now let's go out there and scramble to get 3 hits!!! FUCK YEAH!!!

I have been less than pleased with Pence's production (or lack thereof) so far as a Giant. However, I've been more than pleased with his team first attitude and his hustle in the field and down the first base line. Obviously, a guy like Adrian Gonzalez has all the talent and numbers in the world.....but he's a world class headcase. Like gp was saying.....2010 pAAAdres, 2011 Red Sox, 2012 Doghairs.

Now maybe Pence can get an xbh or two.

Yes. My thoughts exactly. I do love the idea of an inspirational speech, but I'd love it more if he'd let his bat give the speeches.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Yep. Your pitching has been outstanding, but in game one the Giants roped the ball pretty good, they just went right to fielders. Belt, for instance, had a sure RBI double turned into a double play when he lined it straight to Votto who was covering 1B. So, there's been a fair amount of bad luck in the Giants only having one earned run.