• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - Giants at Reds - 10/9/12

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so, but I am concerned about Herk. If he is out, can we add someone? Either way, that means Shark in right, Belt in left?

I'm thinking cramps he was chugging gatorade between innings...

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game starts too damn early tommorow. I'll miss atleast the first hour unless i can DVR it and avoid spoilers like i did for game 4 of the 2010 NLCS where they started a freakin game IN San Franciso at noon on damn weekday. This is what i hate about the MLB playoffs...they don't give a shit if most people on the west coast are at work when a lot of these games start.

Just go to work at 4am and call it a day at noon?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither team deserved to lose that game. Both teams pitch lights out. When that happens, it often comedown a key error...

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Base running blunder in the 1st
Hit batter followed by a walk
Passed ball followed by throwing error
=
lost playoff game.

I'm steamed and a little worried about who will be pitching tomorrow.

Oh well, good game tonight guys. Gave yourself a chance to win and did just that. See ya'll tomorrow :yo:

Gg. You have every right to be pissed, reds should have won that game. Got lucky, now we need to start actually playing well.

KingsOwn19

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How about Vogelsong today? I was kind of pantshitting about Bochy going to him in game 3 since he hadnt been great down the stretch, never pitched in the playoffs, Zito had been pitching better or i still trust Lincecum more than Voggy and Zito..but he pitched great.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither team deserved to lose that game. Both teams pitch lights out. When that happens, it often comedown a key error...

Don't text while driving.

:hippie:

Just kidding, man. Nice win. One at a time.

T-O-R-T-U-R-E.

POW-Blinking-Morse-Code-T-O-R-T-U-R-E.jpg

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This gives me a buzz...something feels like it's brewing...

Pence puts a charge into his team - SFGate

Wow .... I wasn't too thrilled with Pence's tenure with the Giants so far .... untill I read this .... I have to tip my cap to him ..... from what I can see .... he is all about the team .... funny to see such a short timer emerge as a true team leader .... but it also makes me ask the question ..... if Pence didn't take the floor ... would anyone else have assumed the role?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow .... I wasn't too thrilled with Pence's tenure with the Giants so far .... untill I read this .... I have to tip my cap to him ..... from what I can see .... he is all about the team .... funny to see such a short timer emerge as a true team leader .... but it also makes me ask the question ..... if Pence didn't take the floor ... would anyone else have assumed the role?

The "main" leaders on this team (Posey, Cain) are the quiet types, so, no, no one would have. Huff WOULD have back in '10, but he is not a leader any more. Wilson is also someone who could have, but he is not in that position this year.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "main" leaders on this team (Posey, Cain) are the quiet types, so, no, no one would have. Huff WOULD have back in '10, but he is not a leader any more. Wilson is also someone who could have, but he is not in that position this year.

Sort of thought that but wasn't sure. I'm just glad that the team has someone that tends to get excited and vocal. There are times that you need that. I think everyone on the team feels that way but there are times you just have to hear it! I'm glad that Pence took the floor.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of thought that but wasn't sure. I'm just glad that the team has someone that tends to get excited and vocal. There are times that you need that. I think everyone on the team feels that way but there are times you just have to hear it! I'm glad that Pence took the floor.

I thought about this a bit further, and came up with one guy who may have been able to take the reigns in this situation, had Pence not done so...

Affeldt. Remember, he was the guy who took the mic in the first Doggie game last year. Sure, he is only a setup reliever, but I think he is one of the "respected" guys in the clubhouse.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Affeldt is a possibility. IMHO I think every team needs someone like a Pence. Quiet leaders are also important. They generally lead by example. Posey and Cain definately fall into that catagory. I just think there are times that you need something like what happened in the clubhouse. Someone has to take the floor and get emotional. Now we need someone or something to wake up the offense. In 99.9% of the games where you manage 1 hit through nine .... you are usually on the losing side

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anybody get the feeling that Pence's speech kind of went over like Blutarsky's?

Buster to Cain: I know it's only my second and a half season in the bigs.....but, how long has this guy been here? What 2 months?
Cain to Buster: Forget it he's rolling.
The rest of the Giants: I have no idea what this guy just said, but it was fucking awesome!!! Now let's go out there and scramble to get 3 hits!!! FUCK YEAH!!!

I have been less than pleased with Pence's production (or lack thereof) so far as a Giant. However, I've been more than pleased with his team first attitude and his hustle in the field and down the first base line. Obviously, a guy like Adrian Gonzalez has all the talent and numbers in the world.....but he's a world class headcase. Like gp was saying.....2010 pAAAdres, 2011 Red Sox, 2012 Doghairs.

Now maybe Pence can get an xbh or two.

Last edited by a moderator:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. Leake going for the Reds today.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh. Leake going for the Reds today.

That's crazy. Cueto must be really badly hurt. If Leake pitches well today and the Reds do get the win, Cueto will not be able to pitch in the LCS. Tough break for the redlegs, Giants need to find a way to take advantage.....unlike in Game 1. The good news for you ck is that he's pitching against the Giants lineup. :L