• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT 9/16 Titans @ Serpents

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Posey's concentration level behind the plate is questionable....more inexplicable passed balls/wild pitches this year than I would have expected.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants have a successful roadie, going 4-2, and increasing their lead over the Dogs

After this stinker of a game is done, the Giants will be 7-19 making two or more errors.

Pitching and defense.

Vogelsong pitched better than the box score indicated, and was done in by Arias' error, and the @%$@#^%$@ pitcher hitting a dribbler down the right field line for a bases clearing triple. The pitcher that had exactly two major league hits before today. If Belt had not been playing in, it might have been a DP.

Question is, is Vogelsong done? Is he physically sound? Is he mentally worn out? After a season and half of absolute brilliance, have we discovered that the gold is there because of alchemy? I am rooting for him, as it is a compelling story.

I think Cal is right, the starters have started all but one game all season, and are showing the mileage.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dogs losing in the 12th, 5-2 to the Cards. Cards look like they will salvage one game of the series and maintain a slight edge over the Dogs in the Wild Card. And we get to keep the 7.5 game lead. Sweet.

When you use 10 pitchers in a game, you are going to be scraping the bottom of the barrel eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we can't win them all ... but I have to admit ... little concerned with Vogs lately ... always see,ed to deliver a quality start .... now we seem to be in 4-5 innings and out ... or atleast it seems that way ...

He's only had 1 decent outing out of the last 7 ... which is the exact opposite of what he's done his previous 50 starts (it's almost comical and definitely unforseeable)... I think they need to skip him a start he's worn out one way or the other... However he may just sit and stew the entire time, maybe skip him a start and get him in from the bullpen in between. I trust Rags and Boch know what to do with him.

I'll really worry if Bum can't get it going again. That leaves us with Cain, Zito, Timmy in the playoffs... I'm not confident that we get to the end with that rotation... At least one of Vog/Bum need to get it together quick.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dogs losing in the 12th, 5-2 to the Cards. Cards look like they will salvage one game of the series and maintain a slight edge over the Dogs in the Wild Card. And we get to keep the 7.5 game lead. Sweet.

Heheh. Dodgers SUCK!

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2011-eTopps-Baseball-Brandon-Belt.jpg

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer this one. It has celebrating. :)

San+Diego+Padres+v+San+Francisco+Giants+74_1KBMN7Bll.jpg

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Giants have a successful roadie, going 4-2, and increasing their lead over the Dogs

After this stinker of a game is done, the Giants will be 7-19 making two or more errors.

Pitching and defense.

Vogelsong pitched better than the box score indicated, and was done in by Arias' error, and the @%$@#^%$@ pitcher hitting a dribbler down the right field line for a bases clearing triple. The pitcher that had exactly two major league hits before today. If Belt had not been playing in, it might have been a DP.

Question is, is Vogelsong done? Is he physically sound? Is he mentally worn out? After a season and half of absolute brilliance, have we discovered that the gold is there because of alchemy? I am rooting for him, as it is a compelling story.

I think Cal is right, the starters have started all but one game all season, and are showing the mileage.

I don't think so. I looked a few weeks ago, and all the starters were right around, if not under, their pro-rated season pitch counts from the last few years. You could argue, I guess, that the accumulated milage is starting to show, but if that's the case, the Giants would have needed seven competent starters to prevent that from affecting their performance.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

When you use 10 pitchers in a game, you are going to be scraping the bottom of the barrel eventually.

Does Bochy know this?

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New slogan

Niner Football: WE STOP SUICIDES!

Is that a new stat?

So far the Niners have a 0 for lives lost

And if niner fans are as amorous as MSG after wins, their lives created stat should go way way up

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that a new stat?

So far the Niners have a 0 for lives lost

And if niner fans are as amorous as MSG after wins, their lives created stat should go way way up

IIRC the original story was not about MSG's level of amorousness, but his wife's. Still, I'd like to imagine MSG cheering, "Niners win! Niners win!", while Mrs. MSG's sultry voice calls from the bedroom.

Of course, with how the Niners have done in seasons previous to 2011, it is somewhat of a miracle that the MSG family has kids at all.

:tea:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC the original story was not about MSG's level of amorousness, but his wife's. Still, I'd like to imagine MSG cheering, "Niners win! Niners win!", while Mrs. MSG's sultry voice calls from the bedroom.

Of course, with how the Niners have done in seasons previous to 2011, it is somewhat of a miracle that the MSG family has kids at all.

creepy...

You like to phantacize about msg's "home" life?

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's exactly how I imagined it during lonely nights at sea. :mo:

Last edited by a moderator: