• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gase Finalizing Deal with Miami to be their new Head Coach

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You absolutely need top coaching, top QB play + talent and a very good front office. The great franchises have all 3.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see it... Trestman had BM, Forte, Bennett, AJ...etc. And he didn't win either. It IS coaching along with talent. It's my opinion that Gase, with his "way" in dealing with Cutler and others, they came together, they trusted each other. They performed better than what Trestman did with "better" talent that was healthier than what Gase had. Thus Gase better coach.*

(*this could also be the Fox factor too, but coaches matter... I thought last year would have taught us all that. Talent matters more- of course...)

Trestman was absolutely horrible.......Play calling was shit.
Before him,we always had one of the top offenses around.And we all heralded those teams as one/if not thee best wr group in the NFL......And this with all excuses of Jay and the players going thru yet another system....

I tend to think its a 75% to 25% players making the team........Not the coaches.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Here we go again......You have to have the talent to make a team thrive......Its not the other way around....

All the coaches do is call the plays(well in most cases) and teach discipline....If you don't have the talent,you don't have a team.
I would look at Gases play calling if anyone wanted to actually call him out.I don't think he did a bad job by any means,but when you trade off BM,your 1st rd pick gets injured before the season started,your no.1 wr is injured most of the season and your no.1 te is injured most of the season,numbers are gonna be skewed.

Gase is not all tale of the tape in this offense....Neither will be the next coach.

Get the talent here and keep that talent......Its not like we had any probowl players.

Yes, sure, talent is key. But coaches do a lot more than this. They teach technique, their teach decision making, play recognition, they design strategic game plans, they assess the field play and make adjustments, etc etc. You won't find a player in the league who minimizes the impact of coaching like you guys are doing.

I'm not saying Gase was bad coach. I'm saying he didn't do anything so wonderful that his departure should be viewed that fearfully as far as next year goes. Our offense was really mediocre this year. By any statistical measure, it was as mediocre as the 2014 and 2010 teams, quite a bit poorer than the 2011-2013 teams, and a little worse than the 2009 squad. At least as far as overall results go. I'm just not sure where the lionization of this guy comes from, he didn't actually achieve anything that great. What, if he hadn't been here, you think the Bears would have gone 3-13 or worse? I doubt that.

There were a lot of times even on this board we had discussions about the questionability of the in-game playcalling. Now, Gase did do two things I really liked. He didn't quit running, and he controlled Cutler. Both of those are to his credit, and I think that's where some of the man-love you guys are showing for him comes from. But he also failed to generate explosiveness from the offense, and he made a lot of weird choices at times. His overreliance on trips formations and well-telegraphed receiver screens infuriated me, and led to a couple of the Cutler interceptions. He wasn't a God, and I'm not that bummed he is gone.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While every team has injury's we did have many at the same position. WR. We lost BM, we had very little AJ, Bennett missed major time, Wilson missed major time, K White missed the whole year, Royal missed most the year. Point is we were hit very hard in one area, That tied Gase's hands as far as how he ran the O.

We really dont know that. Imagine how pissed we would have been with BM, AJ KW and still threw the majority of passes within 10 yards.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Not as pissed as if we were Vikings fans right now. Damn, that's gotta just hurt.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, sure, talent is key. But coaches do a lot more than this. They teach technique, their teach decision making, play recognition, they design strategic game plans, they assess the field play and make adjustments, etc etc. You won't find a player in the league who minimizes the impact of coaching like you guys are doing.

I'm not saying Gase was bad coach. I'm saying he didn't do anything so wonderful that his departure should be viewed that fearfully as far as next year goes. Our offense was really mediocre this year. By any statistical measure, it was as mediocre as the 2014 and 2010 teams, quite a bit poorer than the 2011-2013 teams, and a little worse than the 2009 squad. At least as far as overall results go. I'm just not sure where the lionization of this guy comes from, he didn't actually achieve anything that great. What, if he hadn't been here, you think the Bears would have gone 3-13 or worse? I doubt that.

There were a lot of times even on this board we had discussions about the questionability of the in-game playcalling. Now, Gase did do two things I really liked. He didn't quit running, and he controlled Cutler. Both of those are to his credit, and I think that's where some of the man-love you guys are showing for him comes from. But he also failed to generate explosiveness from the offense, and he made a lot of weird choices at times. His overreliance on trips formations and well-telegraphed receiver screens infuriated me, and led to a couple of the Cutler interceptions. He wasn't a God, and I'm not that bummed he is gone.

yes I should have added the bolded......We all know the halftime adjustments teams have to make.

And the rest,I was actually agreeing with what you said earlier.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as pissed as if we were Vikings fans right now. Damn, that's gotta just hurt.

Cincy fans too......Jeremy Hill has to be kicking himself in the ass.

Hopefully marvin Lewis doesn't lose his job over that.......

C

cubzzzfanincali

Yeah, for sure, Cincy too...but, I don't know, the Minnesota one is worse to me. I mean, he hits that, they are almost 99.999999% sure to win that game. And that kick should be so easy. What a heartbreak. I actually feel a little bit bad for the Vikings fans. I only know two of them personally, and I haven't had the heart to call either of them yet.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that about officially does it for Gase in Chicago. Really was hoping he'd stick around and this offense would gel.

I know Fox said in his post-season presser that no matter who is OC, that we will still run the same system. Still, Cutler with YET ANOTHER guy calling plays for him. YET ANOTHER guy he has to try to make a connection with.

Anyway, I think Miami may have finally gotten a good one. I think he'll do well.

Anyone have any idea of ties Fox may have to available OC candidates?
Joe Lombardi would be a good hire for Chicago.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, for sure, Cincy too...but, I don't know, the Minnesota one is worse to me. I mean, he hits that, they are almost 99.999999% sure to win that game. And that kick should be so easy. What a heartbreak. I actually feel a little bit bad for the Vikings fans. I only know two of them personally, and I haven't had the heart to call either of them yet.

I know 2 myself, and no way in hell can I find myself to text them about that game.....

And to feel bad for any teams fans over losing a game like that?

Its kind of hard to when Ive been a life long Cub fan.....:gaah:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two of the dumbest playoff losses in recent memory.

Jeremy Hill fucked up in a major way, and it's all on him and Marvin Lewis. He looked like he was going for the fucking highlight reel there, hitting that hole as hard as he did, when the ONLY priority should have been holding onto the ball, (and maybe not losing yards). Hell, down it 3 times, and kick the FG and its over.

And poor Blair Walsh, he'll take the brunt, but the holder should get allot of the blame as well. Dude scores all of their points, leads the league in kicks made on the season, and then misses a chip shot for the win. :L

Sickest mofo on the planet right now. Can't help but feel for him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm the only one that finds that shit funny as hell? Both MN and Cinci. But I would say Cinci was much worse. They blew it 3 times.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm the only one that finds that shit funny as hell? Both MN and Cinci. But I would say Cinci was much worse. They blew it 3 times.

Took me right back to when Cincy was thug central. What a head case coach for even leaving that Burfict on the field. Then he gets a contract extension the next day. Guarantee they go for those knees after his suspension. There will be player justice for that head shot.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I lol'd at both when they occurred. They both were so ridiculous, how couldn't ya?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't help but feel empathy for their fans tho....being a Bears fan and all.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, you wouldn't be laughing if you bet Cincinnati money line, and Minnesota's second half line. lol

I was just a TAD pissed.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh hell no Joe..... I've been a Cub fan since around 1970,I relish in the moments when teams get beat like they do.

Minnesota has won 2 WS titles,I believe, and Cincy has won how many WS titles?(3-4 that I know of, as the Cubs come up with 0 in the last 115 yrs while getting beat in the most absurd ways since Ive been watching.... No way in hell do I feel the need to feel bad about it...... Especially knowing the money these people make on top of it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Jeremy Hill doesn't fumble, Cincy is 99.9999% to win that game. Back to back personal fouls? I mean, Jesus.

Plus, the whole thing with Cincy trying to get rid of that "Choker" label. You could tell how elated them and their fans were after the interception that they thought sealed it.

If they don't commit those fouls. There's only 13 seconds left and PIT has the ball at their 48 or so. A tackle in bounds or a sack, the game is over. Odds were still even in their favor if they just don't act like jag offs.

IMO, equally as devastating.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jeremy Hill doesn't fumble, Cincy is 99.9999% to win that game. Back to back personal fouls? I mean, Jesus.

Plus, the whole thing with Cincy trying to get rid of that "Choker" label. You could tell how elated them and their fans were after the interception that they thought sealed it.

If they don't commit those fouls. There's only 13 seconds left and PIT has the ball at their 48 or so. A tackle in bounds or a sack, the game is over. Odds were still even in their favor if they just don't act like jag offs.

IMO, equally as devastating.

Yeah, in the hearts of both fans, they both were left feeling jilted by their teams the way they last those games.
It would be tough to pick which was worse.....Hill hangs on to the ball, game over.
Walsh kicks a gimme fg,game over.

And the laces in my opinion, sorry Collinsworth,had nothing to do with him missng that.
I would tend to blame it on the pressure he had than the laces.