• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Garza to Rangers...

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Olt and garbage. Really?:bullshit:

Mr. Oriole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cubs got a young starting 3B and 2 pitchers for Garza for the rest of this season. What is that? About a dozen starts? I think the Cubs made out pretty well.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I read an article this morning that said the O's were financially "tapped out" when asked about potential trades before the July 31st deadline. Are you serious? "Tapped Out"? Give me a friggin break. If the Red Sox, Rays or even the Yanks (about to land Soriano) make a deal, we had better add a DH to our depth. Ibanez would fill the bill and likely come at a lower cost. Guy has 24HR already and in friendly LH hitter OPACY he would fit quite nicely.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I read an article this morning that said the O's were financially "tapped out" when asked about potential trades before the July 31st deadline. Are you serious? "Tapped Out"? Give me a friggin break. If the Red Sox, Rays or even the Yanks (about to land Soriano) make a deal, we had better add a DH to our depth. Ibanez would fill the bill and likely come at a lower cost. Guy has 24HR already and in friendly LH hitter OPACY he would fit quite nicely.

We aren't tapped out. People just like to talk shit about the O's because Angelos is still the boss. If the rest of the AL East makes moves, we will make moves. I guarantee it.

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't tapped out. People just like to talk shit about the O's because Angelos is still the boss. If the rest of the AL East makes moves, we will make moves. I guarantee it.

exactly...i dont know what it is about the obsession with this guy...yes he has been cheap lately...but can u blame him...the people he had before running the team thought it was a wise decision to pay and get burned by albert belle handicapping this team for a decade when he was spending money...angelos has already proven he'll spend when the money is worth it...now that he has baseball people running the show and if the team can continue to grow and become a more consistent threat to compete for a title...he'll spend I GUARANTEE IT...he likes money...so he especially loves seeing OPACY packed

Mr. Oriole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly...i dont know what it is about the obsession with this guy...yes he has been cheap lately...but can u blame him...the people he had before running the team thought it was a wise decision to pay and get burned by albert belle handicapping this team for a decade when he was spending money...angelos has already proven he'll spend when the money is worth it...now that he has baseball people running the show and if the team can continue to grow and become a more consistent threat to compete for a title...he'll spend I GUARANTEE IT...he likes money...so he especially loves seeing OPACY packed

The guy who thought it was a wise decision to sign Belle was Angelos. Belle was always the anti-Oriole. But Angelos signed Belle himself, then told his baseball people about it later. Angelos has earned every bit of the criticism he gets. Angelos was the idiot pulling the strings of all of his puppet baseball people. Any good baseball people, like Gillick and Wren, left as soon as they recognized what an idiot Angelos was. Thankfully, MacPhail, Duquette and Showalter have found the way to mellow Angelos and keep him from interfering.