• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Garrett comment

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was listening to an interview with Garrett on NFLRadio and they asked him about the defense. He said two things will help. First being the second year of the system and second all of the players that weren't available to them last year that will be this year. He then mentioned Spencer and then Crawford. I don't know if it was a slip or if they still view Spencer as being on this team. He had moved from the main point of who will be available this year, not who wasn't next year. Could obviously mean nothing, but I thought it was interesting.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was listening to an interview with Garrett on NFLRadio and they asked him about the defense. He said two things will help. First being the second year of the system and second all of the players that weren't available to them last year that will be this year. He then mentioned Spencer and then Crawford. I don't know if it was a slip or if they still view Spencer as being on this team. He had moved from the main point of who will be available this year, not who wasn't next year. Could obviously mean nothing, but I thought it was interesting.

He may have just mentioned him because he was a key player of the missing. But if the belief Spencer can be had for cheap I can see Jerry giving him a year deal.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way I can see Spencer staying is if he takes a contract for league minimum ..... Which maybe he wants to do to get leverage for a new contract next year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have just mentioned him because he was a key player of the missing. But if the belief Spencer can be had for cheap I can see Jerry giving him a year deal.

He may have twisted his words a little, but like I said he was focusing on who was coming back when he said it, not who was missing. That is why it stuck out to me so much.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way I can see Spencer staying is if he takes a contract for league minimum ..... Which maybe he wants to do to get leverage for a new contract next year.

Won't be league minimum, but won't be too much higher. Maybe $3M per would be fair and something both could agree on. The less he gets the more likely he stays another year.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't be league minimum, but won't be too much higher. Maybe $3M per would be fair and something both could agree on. The less he gets the more likely he stays another year.

I could see minimum with incentives that could reach 3 million ... But not 3 million for a year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, something along those lines. The thing is the biggest question is will he be ready to play and we are in a better position than any other team to know that.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, something along those lines. The thing is the biggest question is will he be ready to play and we are in a better position than any other team to know that.

I doubt he has many teams tripping over themselves bidding for his services.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he has many teams tripping over themselves bidding for his services.

no he actually doesn't and wont unless it is made known if he will be ready to start the season ... and even then doubtful he will be anywhere close to 100%

With us is more likely because he's had a year to learn the system ..... and could be a depth guy later in the year if he isn't ready to go at the start.....

Another team another system ... likely miss the entire off season... Nah no one is gonna pay money for that

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't want to do is pay him again to sit on the sidelines and watch .... Nor do I want him out there half ass holding a possible future player back

(Which btw I think is what Austin did when he came back to Williams)

Last edited by a moderator:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you might find this more interesting jarntt

13. Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett sees DeMarcus Ware as a "young" player. They had a long talk Wednesday. Ware is not going anywhere.

14. Garrett spent five minutes tying himself into knots explaining the new Cowboys coaching structure. I left more confused than ever.

Those were the only 2 Cowboys comments

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...hat-we-learned-combine-thursdays-18-takeaways

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you might find this more interesting jarntt

13. Dallas Cowboys coach Jason Garrett sees DeMarcus Ware as a "young" player. They had a long talk Wednesday. Ware is not going anywhere.

14. Garrett spent five minutes tying himself into knots explaining the new Cowboys coaching structure. I left more confused than ever.

Those were the only 2 Cowboys comments

What we learned: Combine Thursday's 18 takeaways - NFL.com

Interesting tid bits. I felt from the beginning Ware would be back and the increase in the cap clinches it. I think it is going to be very interesting how this coaching dynamic works on both sides of the ball. No doubt Callahan is a great OL coach. I hope and think they will stilll value his input on other things. He was put in a no win situation last year, but certainly had a big role in losing the power he was given. Hopefully every discussion won't be 2 against one...On the defensive side I get the feeling Marinelli already wielded a lot more power than a DL coach and think that should work out pretty well for us.