• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

garcon

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say keep him. We hardly ever take care of our own. (A. Pierce) but I could understand if they choose to go in a different direction. From the sound of the article, his days are numbered here anyways.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.....this is what hate looks like, I said when he originally signed here that the team overpaid. Subsequent postings led some to call it hating, yet here we are as predicted stuck in a bad deal. However, I still say that the best option is to trade him. Washington gets a 2nd round pick but realistically, a 3rd or 4th round conditional pick and has to take a 4.4 million hit this season. The new team pays him 5.5 million and get a pretty decent #2 wideout. To be clear, all other options are bad ones for DC, including keeping him.....on a team in complete rebuild mode.

BTW: A really good sells job to a contending team just might net that 2nd round pick. So for those of you still having the mindset to keep him, then this would be my condition, a 2nd round or very very early 3rd round pick this year. A middle or later 2nd pick must include some sort of option next season.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty,

Problem is the ink wasn't even dry on the deal before you started bashing the man and the deal. You been sitting waiting for something like this in order to say I told you so, and even when the man lead the league in receptions you gave him no credit. That sir is hate.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.....this is what hate looks like, I said when he originally signed here that the team overpaid. Subsequent postings led some to call it hating, yet here we are as predicted stuck in a bad deal. However, I still say that the best option is to trade him. Washington gets a 2nd round pick but realistically, a 3rd or 4th round conditional pick and has to take a 4.4 million hit this season. The new team pays him 5.5 million and get a pretty decent #2 wideout. To be clear, all other options are bad ones for DC, including keeping him.....on a team in complete rebuild mode.

BTW: A really good sells job to a contending team just might net that 2nd round pick. So for those of you still having the mindset to keep him, then this would be my condition, a 2nd round or very very early 3rd round pick this year. A middle or later 2nd pick must include some sort of option next season.

this is why you dont use free agency to build a team . i have no issues with garcon. the fact is everyone KNEW it was an over pay but when you have an organization such as ours that is what you have to do to draw talent

i say keep the guy because we are looking at late round guys at best for him

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty,

Problem is the ink wasn't even dry on the deal before you started bashing the man and the deal. You been sitting waiting for something like this in order to say I told you so, and even when the man lead the league in receptions you gave him no credit. That sir is hate.

I don't see it as a problem if it is ultimately proven true. My whole position can be summed up from the beginning as never seeing him as a #1 wideout, including the season that he led the league.Too many here objected to my original position, so if anything the whole hate thing became a thing because I took an opposite position than many here held. As I've said before, it is not hate if proven true. You are absolutely right, there was no point in arguing with the many when all I had to do was wait and allow things to shake out, but what fun would that have been? I knew I was right while the ink was still in the pen!

BTW: There's a reason why he got no credit during nor after his record setting season, primarily, because of the nature of those receptions, they reminded me a lot of the time that either, Rypen or Ferrotte, can't remember which had that long streak of completed passes. Much ado leading to nothing!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it as a problem if it is ultimately proven true. My whole position can be summed up from the beginning as never seeing him as a #1 wideout, including the season that he led the league.Too many here objected to my original position, so if anything the whole hate thing became a thing because I took an opposite position than many here held. As I've said before, it is not hate if proven true. You are absolutely right, there was no point in arguing with the many when all I had to do was wait and allow things to shake out, but what fun would that have been? I knew I was right while the ink was still in the pen!

BTW: There's a reason why he got no credit during nor after his record setting season, primarily, because of the nature of those receptions, they reminded me a lot of the time that either, Rypen or Ferrotte, can't remember which had that long streak of completed passes. Much ado leading to nothing!

he was a number one wide out . perhaps an avg one but a number one all the same

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty,

BTW Shark, I'll not take the "I told you so" position, that's not for me to do, even though I took the abuse and consternation of others here.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was a number one wide out . perhaps an avg one but a number one all the same

Let's agree to disagree instead of doing this dance again! Maybe a really cool compromise could be that he was only a number one here in Washington on a very bad team, but not seen as a number one on the team that had him first.
Did you write "was?"

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW Shark, I'll not take the "I told you so" position, that's not for me to do, even though I took the abuse and consternation of others here.

Who freaking cares! I am a fan of the Redskins period. I don't care if anyone here thinks that I am right or wrong. As I have stated several times - I would love to be wrong thousands of times if the end result is that it benefits the Redskins. You "took the abuse"? LOL. Whatever.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who freaking cares! I am a fan of the Redskins period. I don't care if anyone here thinks that I am right or wrong. As I have stated several times - I would love to be wrong thousands of times if the end result is that it benefits the Redskins. You "took the abuse"? LOL. Whatever.

Took the time to respond, did you not!?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's agree to disagree instead of doing this dance again! Maybe a really cool compromise could be that he was only a number one here in Washington on a very bad team, but not seen as a number one on the team that had him first.
Did you write "was?"

yes was is what i wrote figuring Djax could be considered the #1 . but again i dont have a label for hime and think both wrs work well together and with better qb we will see better things

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty,

While I can give you credit for being against it from day one, you have to a degree gone to the I told you so stance. I can even respect you making your opinion and sticking to it, because I have been known to do the same in reference to a much higher profile player currently on our roster. But lets be real, no one is going to take on that contract AND give up a 2nd round pick for Garcon. Its just unrealistic. Its a Redskins type trade, and sadly we cant trade him to ourselves.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes was is what i wrote figuring Djax could be considered the #1 . but again i dont have a label for hime and think both wrs work well together and with better qb we will see better things

Just so that I'm clear, according to you and many others here, he "WAS" a number one wideout, until this, his second team, following a record setting season, decided he wasn't by signing DJax who you believe can be considered the #1 and now there's no label that you can think of to place on him.....right? Fair enough!! So, might I make a suggestion? He is and has been a very good #2 wideout in fact or in waiting.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so that I'm clear, according to you and many others here, he "WAS" a number one wideout, until this, his second team, following a record setting season, decided he wasn't by signing DJax who you believe can be considered the #1 and now there's no label that you can think of to place on him.....right? Fair enough!! So, might I make a suggestion? He is and has been a very good #2 wideout in fact or in waiting.

cant speak for any others but the debate from others as well has been we dont need to label the wrs . i think djax and garcon are a good tandem

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty,

While I can give you credit for being against it from day one, you have to a degree gone to the I told you so stance. I can even respect you making your opinion and sticking to it, because I have been known to do the same in reference to a much higher profile player currently on our roster. But lets be real, no one is going to take on that contract AND give up a 2nd round pick for Garcon. Its just unrealistic. Its a Redskins type trade, and sadly we cant trade him to ourselves.

I believe that there is a misunderstanding of how the trade would work. I didn't want to make the point earlier because the visceral responses were too good to correct them. This is what happens with a trade. The new team would only be on the hook for 5.3 million while Washington pays out 4.4 million against their cap to move him. I'm willing to bet that they can find a willing trade partner under this scenario. So what's in it for ole' DC? They get a draft pick and rid themselves of a little over 15 million against their cap this year and next.

I've never argued against the fact that it creates another hole to fill, I have stated that the team is finally in complete rebuild. (remember wn there was that singular voice caling for a dedicated GM?), I digress, anyway In a complet rebuild, what's one more hole? Especially one that gonna cost you so much and return so little ( buying time)

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically you are saying, lets spend $4.4 million in dead cap to buy a second round draft pick (If we can even get that much). Because odds are we will spend the $5 million we save trying to replace him. Still not sounding too logical. Even if its a total rebuild you dont get rid of good parts just to buy new parts. Especially if its going to cost you to have those parts hauled away and you dont really save anything, you just end up with some other new part.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at Sty's claim that he is not playing the "I told you so" card. That is exactly what he is attempting to do.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically you are saying, lets spend $4.4 million in dead cap to buy a second round draft pick (If we can even get that much). Because odds are we will spend the $5 million we save trying to replace him. Still not sounding too logical. Even if its a total rebuild you dont get rid of good parts just to buy new parts. Especially if its going to cost you to have those parts hauled away and you dont really save anything, you just end up with some other new part.

I don't understand your reasoning here, there's nothing here that I've stated basically or otherwise. First to correct the record, in a total rebuild ALL parts are replaced, that's what makes it a TOTAL rebuild. Washington is in exactly the quandry that I objected to when they insisted that a career # 2 wideout was a # 1 wideout simply because they paid him money equal to that of a #1. Now they find themselves in a bind because they have finally decided to prpoerly rebuild the team with a real GM and mostly thru the draft. The bind? Spending too much money at one position (wr) because of needs at other spots and facing cap restrictions. Pierre Garcon alone will command just over 15 million dollars this year and next. So the question is what to do with him. Keep him, cut him or trade him. Keeping him might make some feel good but it certainly doesn't help the team cap wise even if they restructure his contract. Cutting him hurts less than keeping him but either way the team faces dead money in future years. The least painful option is to trade him. It is that because a trade minimizes the cap hit (dead money) to 4.4 million this year only. Plus the team gets something in return (draft pick).

The whole spiel about replacing parts and hauling away parts only to be replaced by new parts is something that you have to deal with, it makes no sense to me!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at Sty's claim that he is not playing the "I told you so" card. That is exactly what he is attempting to do.

What's the point in saying I told you so when I was right from the beginning? Hopefully, you're reading these posts and doing your own research in order to contribute to meaningful conversation instead of playing sophomoric baiting games. Clearly there are some who insist upon defending earlier positions which have now been proven misguided at best, but honestly, isn't that in part, why we post here? It is a forum afterall.

Last edited: