• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week Thread (week 17): 49ERS vs. CARDINALS

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
week17.png

Aldon.jpg

Crabs.jpg

Davis the beast.jpg

Patterson, Crabtree's bitch.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't make a pick on this game until after the New Orleans game. Whether or not Arizona has anything to play for will be determined by the outcome of that game and will definitely affect the intensity level of this game.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Can't make a pick on this game until after the New Orleans game. Whether or not Arizona has anything to play for will be determined by the outcome of that game and will definitely affect the intensity level of this game.

Both games are at 1:25 PST.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There you go again, Nolan. Oops :L

I'm not sure I subscribe to that whole 'anything to play for' idea...these guys are pros who try to win every day, and if they are a good team they will be tough no matter what. I don't see how knowing the playoffs aren't happening makes Palmer throw worse, or the Cardinal defense stop tackling...

And if they did look up at halftime and see the Saints way ahead and likely to win, don't they want to win just as badly to stick it to the Niners, and to show they were truly a good team deserving of a spot?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go again, Nolan. Oops :L

I'm not sure I subscribe to that whole 'anything to play for' idea...these guys are pros who try to win every day, and if they are a good team they will be tough no matter what. I don't see how knowing the playoffs aren't happening makes Palmer throw worse, or the Cardinal defense stop tackling...

And if they did look up at halftime and see the Saints way ahead and likely to win, don't they want to win just as badly to stick it to the Niners, and to show they were truly a good team deserving of a spot?

I hear you but it seems if it is true in any sport its football. If you come out half-assing it and not ready to play, a good football team, even a mediocre one, will run you over. I think intensity and focus are a big part of football and if you have just found out your season is over and all you've played for just went out the window you may not have ans much of that intensity and focus.

I guess the point is moot though, I thought New Orleans, since they are playing back east, would have their normal 1:30 EST start time and would be done by game time out here.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm gonna call this one a toss up. Two evenly matched teams but AZ playing at home. I haven't got even an inkling of what might happen in this one.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you but it seems if it is true in any sport its football. If you come out half-assing it and not ready to play, a good football team, even a mediocre one, will run you over. I think intensity and focus are a big part of football and if you have just found out your season is over and all you've played for just went out the window you may not have ans much of that intensity and focus.

I guess the point is moot though, I thought New Orleans, since they are playing back east, would have their normal 1:30 EST start time and would be done by game time out here.

Fair enough, but in this case I think the Cards' intensity would be just as strong if they were eliminated (say if NO had a 31-7 lead at the half), since then the motivation would be sticking it to the 9ers and the NFL by showing how good they are. Different sources, but similar intensity.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget the Niners' intention as well... if the Seahawks avoid the upset and win their game, how would the Niners approach the game vs the cards?

Maybe pulling out starters by the fourth despite the score?

If the Seahawks lose, Niners go all in for the bye since Im not sure Carolina will lose their gm(this was something new to me in regards to the #1 seed potential)

but hard to gauge if all teams are kicking off around the same time.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not forget the Niners' intention as well... if the Seahawks avoid the upset and win their game, how would the Niners approach the game vs the cards?

If the Seahawks lose, Niners go all in for the bye since Im not sure Carolina will lose their gm(this was something new to me in regards to the #1 seed potential)

I think that would definitely be the smart play, if the Seahawks have a huge lead after 3 quarters (at home against an inferior team) the Niners should consider that game over and protect their players.

Heck, maybe AZ catches a break: NO somehow struggles, and Seattle dominates, so the Niners lay down for them.

But being realistic, Seattle isn't going to lose at home a must win game to an inferior team (AZ was not as bad a team as STL and last week's game wasn't must-win), New Orleans also will not lose at home to a bad team in a must win game. The current playoff set up is what's going to happen, with only the NFC North winner in doubt. Philly I guess might lose in Dallas, but probably not with Romo out.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Palmer beats us I will be shocked. We should get atleast 2 Ints from him. Only scary thing about Arizona Is they have 2 big Wrs.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Palmer beats us I will be shocked. We should get atleast 2 Ints from him. Only scary thing about Arizona Is they have 2 big Wrs.

Palmer is like most QBs with some talent but not HOF level: on a good team (like AZ, Cincinnati) he's quite good, on a bad team (Raiders) he looks like shit. AZ was good enough to beat the Hakws in Seattle, although he did throw 4 picks.

If the Niners lose in AZ it won't be Palmer beating them, it will be their defense, with a score like 16-10 (they beat Seattle 17-10). SF's offense isn't so good that they will likely score a lot on a good defense on the road.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for Sunday! I will be at this game!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. Get 'em rested for the one that counts next weekend. Its a shame we have to play on the road.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but in this case I think the Cards' intensity would be just as strong if they were eliminated (say if NO had a 31-7 lead at the half), since then the motivation would be sticking it to the 9ers and the NFL by showing how good they are. Different sources, but similar intensity.

Well, at the beginning of the year I picked the 49ers to be11 and 5 and be a wild card team. Let's hope this time that its like you say; that I'm always wrong.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its funny that you said that, I actually have that same concern but for a possible matchup vs the Bears. I think we can destroy their OL, QB n stop Forte...however, their big WRs and our on/off CBs could be the big difference maker in terms of stopping them on downs/drives...

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its funny that you said that, I actually have that same concern but for a possible matchup vs the Bears. I think we can destroy their OL, QB n stop Forte...however, their big WRs and our on/off CBs could be the big difference maker in terms of stopping them on downs/drives...

that's fine but for me, it is how 'hot' the QB is that day?