• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GAME THREAD - Week 12: Matt Barkley & the Bad News Practice Squad Bears vs Tennessee

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. lol

I mean, how many fuckin balls we drop?

Officially it was 10 after having 11 then entire rest of the season. It was like the first play of the game, no way was barkley going to go deep. Last series, one time out would have at least put the run in play. Seemed like Howard got 8 yards whenever he wanted. I thought 40 seconds left there was a shot to get a run and line up quick enough.

Ultimately its kind of what the fans are looking for, competitive games, big drama at the end, but retain a high draft position.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officially it was 10 after having 11 then entire rest of the season. It was like the first play of the game, no way was barkley going to go deep. Last series, one time out would have at least put the run in play. Seemed like Howard got 8 yards whenever he wanted. I thought 40 seconds left there was a shot to get a run and line up quick enough.

Ultimately its kind of what the fans are looking for, competitive games, big drama at the end, but retain a high draft position.

Yeah, no timeouts made it hard to run, but an inside handoff to Howard out of the gun could have definitely taken them off guard. Easy to say in hindsight though... I mean, the play calling was clearly not the issue. Two receivers got hit in the stomach in the end zone and dropped the ball. That's why we lost...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, no timeouts made it hard to run, but an inside handoff to Howard out of the gun could have definitely taken them off guard. Easy to say in hindsight though... I mean, the play calling was clearly not the issue. Two receivers got hit in the stomach in the end zone and dropped the ball. That's why we lost...

I feel like this hasn't been talked about enough. Ultimately, it didn't cost us, but what in the holy fuck was John Fox doing there? Burning your last timeout in a guaranteed punting situation at 2:06 is about as retarded as it comes. There are 12 year olds that know better than that. I could see if they were at midfield or further and there was a chance of them going for it, but that wasn't the case. You saved nothing. The 6 seconds will run off on the ensuing punt anyway. Really one of the dumber uses of a timeout, I've ever seen.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like this hasn't been talked about enough. Ultimately, it didn't cost us, but what in the holy fuck was John Fox doing there? Burning your last timeout in a guaranteed punting situation at 2:06 is about as retarded as it comes. There are 12 year olds that know better than that. I could see if they were at midfield or further and there was a chance of them going for it, but that wasn't the case. You saved nothing. The 6 seconds will run off on the ensuing punt anyway. Really one of the dumber uses of a timeout, I've ever seen.

Literally, that's not an exaggeration. That's basic time management shit that you learn playing madden as a kid. When he called it, I couldn't have been more stunned. I was trying to think of a logical reason, but there simply was not any.

I didn't see his presser, but I may have to go look it up now to see if he was asked about it.