• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GAME Thread: Seahawks vs Bears

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please don't have ET returning punts... His value is way too high for this crap..... Let's just have him hit people instead!

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible decision by Pryor

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good game for us. No injuries, lots of scoring by the first string, shut out by the first string, and they got to look at more of the young guys again. What's to complain about?

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good game for us. No injuries, lots of scoring by the first string, shut out by the first string, and they got to look at more of the young guys again. What's to complain about?

nothing to complain about

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell's fucking unbelievable. As much as I hype him, he is better. That is all.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hit by Lockette did look a bit helmet-to-helmet-ish to me both at game speed and in slo-mo, so I get why they threw the flag. The officials just didn't correctly identify the penalty as helmet-to-helmet. At any rate, I thought the flag for OPI on the Bears was the more egregious officiating error in this game than the flag on Lockette. I didn't see anything on that play that looked like offensive pass interference and even if we hadn't been ahead by a ton at that point, I wouldn't have had any objection to a no-call on that. The flag on Briggs for his late hit on Wilson was legit. He had enough time to see RW go to the ground and pull up. It wasn't exactly instantaneous.

On a fun note, someone posted a meme on Facebook featuring Jay Cutler on the ground with the caption, "Get up, Jay. That was just the coin toss". The person who posted it is a Bears fan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hit by Lockette did look a bit helmet-to-helmet-ish to me both at game speed and in slo-mo, so I get why they threw the flag. The officials just didn't correctly identify the penalty as helmet-to-helmet. At any rate, I thought the flag for OPI on the Bears was the more egregious officiating error in this game than the flag on Lockette. I didn't see anything on that play that looked like offensive pass interference and even if we hadn't been ahead by a ton at that point, I wouldn't have had any objection to a no-call on that. The flag on Briggs for his late hit on Wilson was legit. He had enough time to see RW go to the ground and pull up. It wasn't exactly instantaneous.

On a fun note, someone posted a meme on Facebook featuring Jay Cutler on the ground with the caption, "Get up, Jay. That was just the coin toss". The person who posted it is a Bears fan.
I'm with you on the OPI on the Bears. That was a terrible call.

I can also see your side on the punt return hit as the helmet to helmet was obvious, but to actually say "defenseless receiver" and stand by it is absolutely ridiculous. That call has no place in that play. It just doesn't apply. It would be like an MLB umpire calling a runner out at 2nd on a throw from the outfield and citing catcher's interference.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I missed most of the 1st half because NFL network doesn't think we should get the whole Seahawks game and preferred to show Giant and Jet post game press conferences.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell's fucking unbelievable. As much as I hype him, he is better. That is all.

I called it BEFORE his rookie season. I watched him at NC State. He is a winner. Some have "it" some don't.

I took a lot of abuse from some with my prediction before last year. I have also predicted he will improve this year. (let the "he's not a top 5 QB" guys line up)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I missed most of the 1st half because NFL network doesn't think we should get the whole Seahawks game and preferred to show Giant and Jet post game press conferences.

Well that just sucks. Hoping your able to catch all the regular season games.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network is replaying it on Monday, so set it up to record. I missed it too, assuming I had it recorded only to find the NFL Network Game Day Live coverage and then cutting to live coverage at 8:30pm. What's worse is there will be two replays of NE and Carolina before they replay the Hawks. So stupid.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on the OPI on the Bears. That was a terrible call.

I can also see your side on the punt return hit as the helmet to helmet was obvious, but to actually say "defenseless receiver" and stand by it is absolutely ridiculous. That call has no place in that play. It just doesn't apply. It would be like an MLB umpire calling a runner out at 2nd on a throw from the outfield and citing catcher's interference.

It's preseason for the refs too. That's about all I can say about that. Either way, it was a penalty that deserved to be called, even if they announced the wrong penalty.