• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread -- Nebraska vs. Southern Miss

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he's the best of whaaaaaaaat cuz we have a lot of good backs.

Also the don't judge Riley on what he is doing with Bos recruits well fuck that. If that is the case then we really are fucked because Bo classes are way better then mikes wa at Oregon state.

Our defense is not shutting people down so why can't we run up the score? I mean these are great offensive coaches right. It just seams to me that we didn't gain any ground when we hired this staff. We hired Maryland's secondary coach what has he proved? What has he shown that makeshim

You have to understand we are in a transition. This requires that the players buy into the new staff and scheme.

The dbs have issues but some of them can not go to coaching because it is shit they should of learned in Pop Warner football. Get between the receiver and the quarterback, watch the receiver and then turn go for the ball.
Do you really think any coach would not know enough to be telling these guys basic things? It is fundamentals but I think it is more on player mindset than coaching right now.

I think either one Stewart hasn't bought in to Banker's scheme or more likely two the db's have not. And if it is the second the only thing that will change it is for them to see that it works.

The idea of the first is kind of interesting too. Stewart has a very impressive resume at both Houston and Maryland. Maybe, just maybe he is looking at Banker and thinking he could do better ( a thought I can't say hasn't crossed my mind too).

Either way I suggest you check out his bio. I am more than comfortable that he is a damn good coach. And he was the DC at Maryland (and Houston) not their secondary coach.

edited: cut some out because TLDR

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know and I am also aware that this team could very well be 4-0. What is very concerning to me is that if it is Banker and I completly think it is. Then at what point does Riley see that Week 5 or year 5. We dont have time to try to put a square peg in a round hole. Not when we can get someone much much better. I bolded the first one because Freedom has a sack in every game as a froshy. I cant wait to see what he can do in the future.

Stewart Career Highlights
  • Helped Maryland rank among conference leaders in sacks in both 2013 and 2014 with 37 and 32 sacks, respectively
  • Guided a 2012 Maryland defense that was in the top three in the ACC and top 35 nationally in total defense, rushing defense and passing defense
  • Coordinated University of Houston defense in 2011 that ranked in the top 15 nationally in red zone scoring, interceptions, tackles for loss, takeaways and opponent completion percentage, helping Cougars to a 13-1 record
  • Eight seasons of experience as an assistant in the National Football League, coaching 14 Pro Bowl players
  • Coordinated the Dallas Cowboys defense in 2007 and 2008, helping the Cowboys to a 13-3 record and NFC East Division crown in 2007
  • Helped Cowboys rank in the top three in the NFL in sacks both seasons, and saw an NFL-best five defenders make the Pro Bowl in 2007—DeMarcus Ware, Roy Williams, Greg Ellis, Ken Hamlin, Terrence Newman
  • Served as Chargers’ secondary coach for three seasons, helping San Diego to two playoff appearances, including a 14-2 record in 2006
  • Served on the coaching staff for the expansion Houston Texas in their first two seasons in 2002 and 2003
  • Helped the 2001 Syracuse Orange to a 10-3 record and No. 14 final ranking as defensive backs coach

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I wouldnt mind Stewart being Nebraskas Dcord

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys. he's on the staff. he has as much input in the D as everyone else. sure it's ultimately Bankers D and his decision on plays, but he's on the staff and can come up with plays and make suggestions. if he isn't doing that just so Banker gets fired that would make 0 sense. also, if he's such a great coach, what the hell is going on in our Secondary?

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say you have to give them time. Something clearly isn't clicking, if I knew I would be making a lot more money. But if you look at Bankers defense it works. Michigan States was very similar.
If I am correct linebackers are responsible for the short pass, safeties play up and corners are on their own. Where they had help with Pelini's they have to man up, literally. So we have corners learning to cover on their own and linebackers are so thin we have want ads in the Lincoln Journal.

We knew it was going to be a rough year. We just didn't know the injury bug would decimate them too. I didn't expect a lot this year but admittedly this is pretty worrisome but nobodies getting fired 4 weeks into the season. Might as well sit back and give it time.

Last edited:

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say you have to give them time. Something clearly isn't clicking, if I knew I would be making a lot more money. But if you look at Bankers defense it works. Michigan States was very similar.
If I am correct linebackers are responsible for the short pass, safeties play up and corners are on their own. Where they had help with Pelini's they have to man up, literally. So we have corners learning to cover on their own and linebackers are so thin we have want ads in the Lincoln Journal.

We knew it was going to be a rough year. We just didn't know the injury bug would decimate them too. I didn't expect a lot this year but admittedly this is pretty worrisome but nobodies getting fired 4 weeks into the season. Might as well sit back and give it time.

and the Huskers have a pud schedule ta boot

gonna be interesting I tell ya

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and the Huskers have a pud schedule ta boot

gonna be interesting I tell ya

Speaking of Nebraska's schedule, this upcoming game will be critical to win because if they don't win, I believe the chances of a 6-6 season is quite high. There's no bowl guarantee with a TERRIBLE record like that.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Nebraska's schedule, this upcoming game will be critical to win because if they don't win, I believe the chances of a 6-6 season is quite high. There's no bowl guarantee with a TERRIBLE record like that.
We'd travel better than any other 6-6 or 7-5 team. If we are eligible, we'll get an invite.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We'd travel better than any other 6-6 or 7-5 team. If we are eligible, we'll get an invite.

That still doesn't mean it's guaranteed at 6-6. I would hope they win an extra game just to be safe. At 7-5 we'll get a bid for sure. On the other hand, maybe it wouldn't be so good to go bowling at 6-6 and end up with a losing season if we lost.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

QFT. Nebraska would even get an invite if Nebraska won the Big Ten West at 6-6, lost in the Championship game, to go 6-7. A bowl invite would still be there. Probably the uber crappy shithole Dan Beebe started Pinstripe Bowl.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QFT. Nebraska would even get an invite if Nebraska won the Big Ten West at 6-6, lost in the Championship game, to go 6-7. A bowl invite would still be there. Probably the uber crappy shithole Dan Beebe started Pinstripe Bowl.

BIG TEN BOWLS BIG TEN BOWL OVERVIEW  Largest and most diverse bowl lineup in Big Ten history, with: o 12 different bowls and four other College Football Playoff bowls. o World class cities coast‐to‐coast featuring Big Ten alumni and fans. o Great opponents from the ACC, Big 12, Pac‐12, SEC, Mountain West and Conference USA.  Selection parameters agreed to by the conference and bowls to ensure fresh and diverse experiences and destinations for student‐ athletes and fans.  Big Ten teams will not go to the same bowls in back‐to‐back years and restrictions are in place on multiple and/or consecutive appearances within states or regions, with the exception of the Rose Bowl Game. COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF OVERVIEW (for more information on selection process, visit www.collegefootballplayoff.com)  Comprised of Cotton, Fiesta, Orange, Peach, Rose and Sugar Bowls.  Selection committee will choose top four teams, then rank and assign to semifinal sites.  Selection committee will then assign next group of teams to play in other host bowls.  Highest‐ranked champion from non‐contract conference guaranteed a berth.  There is no limit on the number of teams from a conference that can take part in College Football Playoff bowls.  Cotton, Fiesta and Peach Bowls will host displaced conference champions and non‐contract conference representative.  Highest‐ranked available teams will fill any other College Football Playoff bowl berths.  The 2015 Rose Bowl Game will be a national semifinal. If the Big Ten champion is not ranked among the top four, then it will play in the Cotton, Fiesta or Peach Bowl. BIG TEN BOWL DETERMINATION PROCEDURE For all non‐College Football Playoff partners, the bowl partner will request a Big Ten team. The Big Ten will approve or assign another team based on selection parameters. ROSE BOWL GAME PRESENTED BY NORTHWESTERN MUTUAL (Pasadena, Calif.) 1. When not hosting a semifinal, the Big Ten Champion will play in the Rose Bowl Game, unless among the top four teams. 2. If the Big Ten Champion qualifies for the playoff, the Rose Bowl Game will choose a replacement Big Ten team. 3. The Rose Bowl Game has sole discretion on a replacement team, and will generally select the highest‐rated available team, but will take into consideration final College Football Playoff rankings, head‐to‐head competition, division champions and most recent Rose Bowl Game appearances. CAPITAL ONE ORANGE BOWL (Miami, Fla.) or BUFFALO WILD WINGS CITRUS BOWL (Orlando, Fla.) 1. When not hosting a semifinal, the Orange Bowl will select the highest‐ranked team from the Big Ten, SEC or Notre Dame to face an ACC team. The Big Ten is guaranteed a minimum of three Orange Bowl appearances over the 2014‐25 seasons. 2. The Big Ten Champion cannot play in the Orange Bowl. 3. If a Big Ten team is not selected by the Orange Bowl, the Citrus Bowl will submit a request for a Big Ten team. 4. The Citrus Bowl will feature at least five different Big Ten schools over the six‐year agreement. OUTBACK BOWL (Tampa, Fla.) 1. Will feature at least five different Big Ten schools over the six‐year agreement. NATIONAL UNIVERSITY HOLIDAY BOWL (San Diego, Calif.) 1. Will feature at least five different Big Ten schools over the six‐year agreement. FRANKLIN AMERICAN MORTGAGE MUSIC CITY BOWL (Nashville, Tenn.) or TAXSLAYER BOWL (Jacksonville, Fla.) 1. Either the Music City or TaxSlayer Bowl will submit a request for a Big Ten team. 2. The Big Ten will play in three Music City and three TaxSlayer Bowls over the six‐year agreement. 3. No Big Ten team will play in more than one Music City Bowl and one TaxSlayer Bowl over the term of the agreement. NEW ERA PINSTRIPE BOWL (New York, N.Y.) 1. The goal is to have eight different teams participate in eight years, with a minimum of six different teams over the eight‐year agreement. FOSTER FARMS BOWL (Santa Clara, Calif.) 1. Will feature at least five different Big Ten schools over the six‐year agreement. QUICK LANE BOWL (Detroit, Mich.) 1. Will select a bowl‐eligible team, subject to conference approval. LOCKHEED MARTIN ARMED FORCES BOWL (Fort Worth, Texas) or ZAXBY’S HEART OF DALLAS BOWL (Dallas, Texas) 1. Will select a bowl‐eligible team, subject to conference approval. 2. In 2014, the Heart of Dallas Bowl will submit a request for a Big Ten team. 3. The Big Ten will play in three Armed Forces and three Heart of Dallas Bowls over the six‐year agreement.

We're going to Dallas :dance: :dance:

or Detroit :L

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I didn't know a team could be bowl eligible with a losing record.

Also, when I think of Nebraska's fan following meaning a guarantee of going to a bowl, I think of the Insight bowl snubbing Nebraska after the 2010 season. They evidently weren't too impressed with our fan following then.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pound my pud whenever the opportunity arises.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a feeling it meant weak schedule but didn't make sense to me because even at 55 my pud ain't weak.

They do make a pill if'n that's a problem though.

And hate? Now that's just silly.