• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game Thread-Eagles/Seahawks

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charles Johnson and torrence Small were awful
James Thrash and Todd Pinkston were pretty bad and i didn't think it could be worse.

But Jordan Matthews and Nelson Agoholor are theeeee worst ever.

I was saying the other day that Chris T Jones would look good right about now... the 2016 version. And he could probably get more separation and better hands than these group of misfits

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That says it all... Eagles WRs = 15 yards. Russell Wilson = 15 yards.

When I saw that stat I couldn't believe it. But then when I remembered who our receivers are, yes, yes I can.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charles Johnson and torrence Small were awful
James Thrash and Todd Pinkston were pretty bad and i didn't think it could be worse.

But Jordan Matthews and Nelson Agoholor are theeeee worst ever.
Mostly because of how bad Agholor is.

Matthews is at least a serviceable receiver (not a legit #1, but being in the top 30 in most receiving stats means he'd at least be a viable receiver in most offenses). Johnson and Small were not above 50 in anything other than TD catches as Eagles.

Johnson and Small were both in the 60s in yards and catches per game in '99 and '00. Matthews is currently 24th in catches and 31st in yards. Agholor is in the 120-130 range in those stats, which is pathetic.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game itself was not as brutal as it appeared IMO. It was against the Seahawks at home with one of the most dominating defenses in the NFL. I did not expect a win and for a while there the Eagles put up a hell of a fight……until Agholor happened. The Eagles are in rebuild mode and I am happy with what I am seeing so far. We are just not there with the talent but I have faith in Howie after what he pulled off this off season.

The Good:

Carson Wentz: This kid’s jersey is going to be on my Christmas list. He is going to be a stud and probably one the best QB in the NFL within 3 years if not the best. He played like the Seahawks did not scare him at all. Snap after snap he stood up and slung the ball with no fear. Yes he made mistakes….these are things I have expected. What I love is how he comes back on the next play or series and keeps slinging the ball. He is going to be a fantastic QB.

Doug Pederson:
I know some are down on him but he is calling plays based on the players he has. I think he did a good job yesterday. This team has zero offensive weapons and the Seahawks had no respect and rightfully so for our offense. No one can get open.

Offensive Line: They did a really good job blocking yesterday against one of he best defenses in football. Too bad our receivers can't get open.

Zach Ertz: He was invisible the first part of the season and now is Wentz go to guy.

The Bad:

Receivers:
They cannot get open. The run horrible routes and do not fight for the ball. Defenders do not even have to run or try hard. Based on how the routes are ran the know who the intended receiver is.

Secondary: Injuries play a part in this but they are getting beat at the worse times. Our corners are bad and we need a serious upgrade. IMO our first round pick needs to be the best CB available provided he has a first round grade.

The Horrible:

Nelson Agholor: Is just flat horrible. Easily one of the worst receivers in the NFL. He can’t catch, can’t get open, can’t block….etc. He is just brutal and his attitude shows he will not get any better. Based on his performances he does not work on correcting his mistakes. His penalty that cost Ertz a TD is just a clear sign on where his head is.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaylen Watkins also sucks.
As you said - we're in rebuild, so it won't be pretty for the rest of the year.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game itself was not as brutal as it appeared IMO. It was against the Seahawks at home with one of the most dominating defenses in the NFL. I did not expect a win and for a while there the Eagles put up a hell of a fight……until Agholor happened. The Eagles are in rebuild mode and I am happy with what I am seeing so far. We are just not there with the talent but I have faith in Howie after what he pulled off this off season.

The Good:

Carson Wentz: This kid’s jersey is going to be on my Christmas list. He is going to be a stud and probably one the best QB in the NFL within 3 years if not the best. He played like the Seahawks did not scare him at all. Snap after snap he stood up and slung the ball with no fear. Yes he made mistakes….these are things I have expected. What I love is how he comes back on the next play or series and keeps slinging the ball. He is going to be a fantastic QB.

Doug Pederson:
I know some are down on him but he is calling plays based on the players he has. I think he did a good job yesterday. This team has zero offensive weapons and the Seahawks had no respect and rightfully so for our offense. No one can get open.

Offensive Line: They did a really good job blocking yesterday against one of he best defenses in football. Too bad our receivers can't get open.

Zach Ertz: He was invisible the first part of the season and now is Wentz go to guy.

The Bad:

Receivers:
They cannot get open. The run horrible routes and do not fight for the ball. Defenders do not even have to run or try hard. Based on how the routes are ran the know who the intended receiver is.

Secondary: Injuries play a part in this but they are getting beat at the worse times. Our corners are bad and we need a serious upgrade. IMO our first round pick needs to be the best CB available provided he has a first round grade.

The Horrible:

Nelson Agholor: Is just flat horrible. Easily one of the worst receivers in the NFL. He can’t catch, can’t get open, can’t block….etc. He is just brutal and his attitude shows he will not get any better. Based on his performances he does not work on correcting his mistakes. His penalty that cost Ertz a TD is just a clear sign on where his head is.

Well said on Wentz. He did make some bad throws and decisions. But that is a tough defense to play.....as a rookie....in that stadium....with shit for receivers. I am always looking for the bright point in such a situation....and that was it. He kept poise and kept going. The late TD was pure garbage time...sure. But he showed to be poised and clearly driving the offense there.

The kid doesn't get shaken much by a play and comes back strong every time we have seen this year. That is such a HUGE intangible that will matter so much more and help leads to W's when the roster is rebuilt.