• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it was Joffrey on the show but Cersei in the books.

I didn't read the books.

I sorta feel bad for everyone that is into them though. The tv people are nervous that season 8 isn't going to come out until 2019. The readers are saying an extra few months and you complain? Yeah what a long time to wait haha.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read the books.

I sorta feel bad for everyone that is into them though. The tv people are nervous that season 8 isn't going to come out until 2019. The readers are saying an extra few months and you complain? Yeah what a long time to wait haha.

It's still bullshit though. It's six episodes. No need to drag that shit out until 2019.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cat would have blown the secret. She thinks he is a bastard and despises him. She finds out he is actually the son of Neds late sister who he saved as a newborn she would have been overprotective. Someone's spy in the north would have seen it and eventually he ends up dead.

Even on the wall a legitimate Targaryen heir would have been seen as a threat

I am not sure she would. I understand him keeping it from everyone but her.

Of course she despises him......she thinks it is her husbands bastard. My wife would have a hard time with it too.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During some press this week, GOT confirmed each episode of the final season will be at least 80 min or longer basically turning each one into a feature length film by time. Some could be well over 90+ minutes.
This begs the question of why they are only having six episodes.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure she would. I understand him keeping it from everyone but her.

Of course she despises him......she thinks it is her husbands bastard. My wife would have a hard time with it too.

Even if she ultimately would have never spoiled the secret, Ned might have feared that she would have. He barely knew her at the time. She was originally supposed to marry his older brother but after he died, they wed for political reasons during war with him not around most of the time.

By the time he may have gotten to know her well enough to know that she wouldn't intentionally let the secret out, it was well-known that she despised Jon. So Ned's new concern would be that she would all of a sudden not hate him anymore but would have to continue to act as though she did, and maybe he didn't trust her acting skills. Or maybe he was concerned that she would be upset with him for not telling her sooner.

But mostly I think it's because it appears to have been his sister's dying wish that he not tell anyone. He obviously cared deeply for her and being the honorable guy that he was, didn't want to betray his sister's dying wish regardless of what he might have speculated the result would be. The irony is that in order to honor his promise to his sister, he had to pretend to have betrayed his vow to his wife.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This begs the question of why they are only having six episodes.

Apparently it is because a lot of the actors negotiated huge raises on a per episode basis. The 5 main actors are now getting paid around 4X as much per episode as they previously were, or something ridiculous like that. They'll still have to pay them a lot more in total than in previous seasons but having fewer episode helps reduce it at least somewhat.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Sansa is getting married.

Would have thought she'd have figured out that weddings aren't her thing.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Sansa is getting married.

Would have thought she'd have figured out that weddings aren't her thing.

Sansa is already married....to Tyrion.... I don't think the marriage was ever annulled, was it?

On another note, the actress who portrays Sansa, Sophie Turner is now engaged to one of the Jonas brothers.

:D

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sansa is already married....to Tyrion.... I don't think the marriage was ever annulled, was it?

On another note, the actress who portrays Sansa, Sophie Turner is now engaged to one of the Jonas brothers.

:D
I wouldn't be surprised if Tyrion and Sansa end up working out well on the show...

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So HBO opening up their network for free viewing and I binged watched all of Season 7.

Not bad.

Some thoughts:
Liked the Trial and Little Finger
Liked the capturing of the undead even if it was the stupidest quest imaginable.
Of course once the Dragon went down you knew where that was heading.
Count me shocked that Cersi reneged on her pledge
Didn't like the Jon Snow, Daenerys scene since I saw too much of the wrong butt. (Not that there's anything wrong with that)

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So HBO opening up their network for free viewing and I binged watched all of Season 7.

Not bad.

Some thoughts:
Liked the Trial and Little Finger
Liked the capturing of the undead even if it was the stupidest quest imaginable.
Of course once the Dragon went down you knew where that was heading.
Count me shocked that Cersi reneged on her pledge
Didn't like the Jon Snow, Daenerys scene since I saw too much of the wrong butt. (Not that there's anything wrong with that)

When (and what provider) did they have free viewings? I just borrow a friend's log in when GoTs is on. Wouldn't mind checking out a few other shows during the free period

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When (and what provider) did they have free viewings? I just borrow a friend's log in when GoTs is on. Wouldn't mind checking out a few other shows during the free period

Comcast - XInfinity . I noticed it this weekend and caught up.. I don't know how long it will be but considering GOT isn't going to have the next installment for a while. it could be a good bit.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comcast - XInfinity . I noticed it this weekend and caught up.. I don't know how long it will be but considering GOT isn't going to have the next installment for a while. it could be a good bit.

Damn. Must have missed it. I checked On Demand and all the HBO shows are back under paywall