• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like the GOT series will be over before he even gets WOW published.

I'd say nearly certain.

And that part of the article doesn't even go into the writers group he participates in. Some current heavyweights of the sci-fi/fantasy genre have come out of it, so kudos to him for that.

But George, just fucking finish!

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you so butthurt about people expressing disappointment in the shows rush to an end?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean NOBODY among the writers thought, "Where did they get all those industrial strength chains?

I almost guarantee it'll have something to do with the castles along the wall, and the dragons that the previous 'dragon queen,' GRRM wrote about. George will wax poetic for 15 fucking pages on this history of the chains, how they were forged, how they helped in some battle or seige, and which dragons they chained up.

Too bad AGAIN, that the TV show has deleted almost ALL these kinds of details from the show because of time. But, heh, it is what it is... a TV show, with a TV show length.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you so butthurt about people expressing disappointment in the shows rush to an end?

I'm not butthurt in the least. I'm expressing my opinion. Why are YOU so butthurt about me disagreeing with you? (other than you knowing deep down that I'm right, of course).

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean NOBODY among the writers thought, "Where did they get all those industrial strength chains?

Just to follow up on this, the chains are probably mentioned in the 'notes' that George gave them, so unlike all us fools, they DID know about the chains.

AGAIN, why are these showrunners and writers who created a great TV show, that George in his own words in that article someone linked, praised up and down, who filmed the 'unfilmable,' why are they now fucking incompetent?

Or are people just fucking cranky because they don't have their inside book info anymore to fall back on, and have to just roll with S.O.D.?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also have to question if you can organize wights like that to pull a chain. I kind of imagine they can walk and fight...that's about it.

Heh. Too funny.

So you can get them to swing swords, but pulling a chain is beyond the pale?

You've now officially jumped the shark.

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not butthurt in the least. I'm expressing my opinion. Why are YOU so butthurt about me disagreeing with you? (other than you knowing deep down that I'm right, of course).
You arent just disagreeing with me, others as well, it seems youre white knighting the production teams bailing out on the series. Or Maybe you think grrm isnt any better than the shows writers, i cant tell by your words, but i would say the shows writers cant hold a candle
To grrm.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100%, said to the wife last night (just watched it last night), "i cant believe they never re-visited the Dorne chick and her daughter" leaving us to just assume they are dead.....Very sloppy IMO to let that just go away......Same thing on Euron, he was gaining momentum as a key character, and than Boom, just gone, and not sure how he will fit into the Finale, unless he crashes the party at the meeting, which could add a funny dimension

What's mysterious about what's happening to them. Cersei told us what was going to happen. The flesh was going to fall off daughter, while Mom watches.

What's to check in on? The sloughing?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You arent just disagreeing with me, others as well, it seems youre white knighting the production teams bailing out on the series. Or Maybe you think grrm isnt any better than the shows writers, i cant tell by your words, but i would say the shows writers cant hold a candle
To grrm.

Dude, let's take George at his word IN THE FUCKING ARTICLE THAT YOU LINKED.

It's pretty simple.

George is a seminal fantasy writer, that has influenced a whole generation of fantasy writers.

GOT is the best fantasy TV show of all time, and it isn't even close. A compelling argument can be made that it's one of the best shows in TV (not just fantasy) history.

Everyone surrounding this project is first rate.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like nobody thought, you know, instead of chains, maybe some form of levitation, or (as someone previously suggested) or the Night King dives into the water and after some bubbling he emerges and a few seconds later the dragon with blue eyes' head slowly emerges from the water.... I mean NOBODY among the writers thought, "Where did they get all those industrial strength chains?

Just to follow up on this, the chains are probably mentioned in the 'notes' that George gave them, so unlike all us fools, they DID know about the chains.

Mance Rayder had chains made for their attack on the wall.
The wooly mammoths tried to pull the gate off its hinges with help from the giants.
Are they the same chains? I don't know, but is it that hard to fathom that the chains could have come from Mance's army? What if the chains had been made thousands of years ago to keep the Night's King locked up..... maybe the Three Eyed Raven had them made to lock him up... it's a fantasy show, use your imagination.

So much saltiness.
Though, I am coining a new term, 'as fast as the raven flies....'

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To grrm.

I like the show much better than his books, whereas usually it should be the other way around.
If the producers were given two seasons to wrap it up, then I would assume they are doing the best they can to appease their fan base. I'm ok with everything. Not ideal, but still entertaining.

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, let's take George at his word IN THE FUCKING ARTICLE THAT YOU LINKED.

It's pretty simple.

George is a seminal fantasy writer, that has influenced a whole generation of fantasy writers.

GOT is the best fantasy TV show of all time, and it isn't even close. A compelling argument can be made that it's one of the best shows in TV (not just fantasy) history.

Everyone surrounding this project is first rate.
I tell people its the greatest show ever. The first rate people are tired of it and want it over fast as possible.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since my concept of time on this show is all fucked up, I can't help but think "what has Bran been doing for the weeks or days or however long it has been since they checked in on him? What ever happened to Euron and Yara? Is the Dorne chick dead yet? I would imagine she is by now...

The whole point of fantasy is escapism and using your imagination.

Do we find out what happened to Syrio Forel? Stannis?
They are never killed onscreen, but do they really have to be?

In my mind, every detail/minutiae doesn't have to be explained.
Like the ending of the Sopranos.
It's open for your interpretation.

It is a fair point about Euron going missing after they opened the season with him making a big impression.
Especially with Snowcean's Seven sailing up and down the east coast between Dragonstone/East Watch.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first rate people are tired of it and want it over fast as possible.

That doesn't make ANY sense. So you've barely gotten the show made (HBO was going to kill it after the pilot), it's the best show in the fantasy genre ever, it's become the most watched TV show, and suddenly you're 'tired of it?'

No.

TV is exactly like sports. You have to finish. Dexter was a really good TV show. It wasn't a 'great' tv show because they didn't finish it right.

Benioff + Weiss want it to end right. They want to stick the landing.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell people its the greatest show ever. The first rate people are tired of it and want it over fast as possible.

Maybe the 'first rate people' got tired of waiting for GRRM and just decided to wrap up the bloody show on their own because they cannot rely on him finishing anything.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a fair point about Euron going missing after they opened the season with him making a big impression.
Especially with Snowcean's Seven sailing up and down the east coast between Dragonstone/East Watch.

I keep banging the drum about trust.

I TRUST that B+W will bring us back to Euron, and that he'll play a big role in what plays out. Just like I TRUST that the current Sansa/Arya storyline will make sense as it plays out.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the 'first rate people' got tired of waiting for GRRM and just decided to wrap up the bloody show on their own because they cannot rely on him finishing anything.

Except as he says in that article upthread, he works from an outline. At this stage, I'm betting he's just doing re-writes anyway. They (HBO) probably have the rough draft of the whole next novel.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep banging the drum about trust.

I TRUST that B+W will bring us back to Euron, and that he'll play a big role in what plays out. Just like I TRUST that the current Sansa/Arya storyline will make sense as it plays out.

I agree.
Although, if the battle versus the undead takes place on land, that kind of moots Euron.

As for Arya/Sansa, there are mutliple paths to take here.
1. Arya is setting up LF with Sansa playing the naive patsy
2. Arya is toughening up Sansa to realize that LF is playing them both
3. there has to be a reason that Arya gave the knife to Sansa, a test perhaps; if Sansa catches LF in a lie, maybe she kills him, Arya steals his face, then heads to Kings Landing, which opens up all kinds of new possibilities

Regardless, I agree that they are showing us these scenes for a purpose.

What bothers me most about the Arya/Sansa clash is that LF convinced Sansa to send Brienne away.
If Cersei winds up killing Brienne, would that set Jamie off?
Not sure where that is going, but we should see a Brienne/Hound meeting.
Wonder if the Hound will put in a good word for Tormund.....

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except as he says in that article upthread, he works from an outline. At this stage, I'm betting he's just doing re-writes anyway. They (HBO) probably have the rough draft of the whole next novel.

Sure, but an outline could be 'and they all die in the end' or 'X and Y survive to start over...'.
It could be very generic. GRRM says it ends in a bittersweet way.
I'm hoping that B+W take that outline and give us what they believe is the most entertaining story/ending.
That doesn't mean everyone lives happily ever after, but makes us wonder what might happen next...

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, did you think I wouldn't read it?

C'mon dude.
that says absolutely nothing about his involvement. He isn't hands off, but he isn't there direction and making edits. We all know he has spread himself way too thin these days, but he isn't as involved in the show as he has been because it is no longer his material. He gave them the end game and let them handle it. They can ask him questions, but essentially he gave them a "this is how each character should end, get them there"