• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly, If we were not afraid to say it aloud. The Season sort of blows to a certain degree.
We are all too invested in this show, and much like Breaking Bad the final season.

We are afraid to criticize a show that might have jumped the shark a little bit from the great first 6 seasons.

- Teleporters, Even stronger and more impressive than ever
- Home Depot of Industrial strength Chains beyond the wall
- Barry Allen the Flash Gendry
- Infinite Supply of Star Trek Red Shirt dudes now
- Ridiculous Expositions of obscure book fandom rammed into the stupid conversations while walking
- Silly freaking 1960s James Bond Attache Case of Rubber Face Masks ruining the cool mysticism

Well to be fair the quality of the show has been decreasing since about the middle of season 4. We've still gotten several really fantastic episodes and several amazing battle sequences, but the writing has really suffered since they started significantly moving from the books.

I never felt Breaking Bad got this stupid with the writing even though the final two seasons were not as good as 2-4.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As ridiculously cheesy as it would be, I'd like to see a scene in the next episode where Jon asks Daenerys how the fuck she got there so fast when he only sent the raven a couple of days ago and Dany asks "What raven?" and says that she left quite a while ago just because she was worried about the mission. Yes it would be lame and would never happen

You know, I'd be fine with that. Makes way more sense than what happened. But you're right they're totally not going to do that. The show is just too formulaic now. And that's not necessarily a bad thing, but when the show is known for huge twists and pissing people off because it's not what they're used to it does become a bit of a let down.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the only question that I think might have a valid answer. I guess we have to assume that with the White Walkers around the temperature dropped. Or even besides the White Walkers the temperature is dropping naturally. That's pretty much all I got. I guess Wights must vary in intelligence though. I mean how many of them decided to keep running into the water after the first few dropped before they decided to stop? Then however long later the Hound throws a rock and it lands on the ice and they seem to understand some basic chemistry and physics and decide to take their chances again.
it was also sporting of the night king to wait it out and not use his javelin throwing prowess. guess he's not in any hurry.

also, clearly those chains are why it's taking them so long to travel.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obvious first pick in next year's NFL Draft (dude has great accuracy and a cannon of an arm):

game-of-thrones-beyond-the-wall-jon-snow-viserion-night-king-javelin.jpg

Packers should take him...he'd be great up in Lambeau Field on the frozen tundra.... Aaron Rodgers is 33 and won't last forever.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, his delivery is way too slow and he telegraphs where it's going to go.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching again...

Why did they send Gendry that way while they went this way? Why not all go that way? There was no reason to split up.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obvious first pick in next year's NFL Draft (dude has great accuracy and a cannon of an arm):

game-of-thrones-beyond-the-wall-jon-snow-viserion-night-king-javelin.jpg
How about hound? He threw a rock about 150 yards and hit his target right in the jaw.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching again...

Why did they send Gendry that way while they went this way? Why not all go that way? There was no reason to split up.
Because Tormund really wanted his hammer and that seemed the easiest way to get it.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching again...

They would have had to drag Thoros and the wight through a mountain road, allowing the army to catch them anyway. The way I took it, they decided to go to a place they could somehow defend while waiting for the help.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would have had to drag Thoros and the wight through a mountain road, allowing the army to catch them anyway. The way I took it, they decided to go to a place they could somehow defend while waiting for the help.
I didn't get the sense they saw the island or figured out there was a frozen lake until they stood on it.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really sure how they killed that bear...

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really sure how they killed that bear...

I've thought about that with the Wights. In Season 1, it was fire or nothing. Now you get stabby with one and it works. That doesn't bother me but I got one thing that has been on my mind.

How much liquor did Thoros's flask hold? Seemed like everyone was hitting that and there was plenty left to burn his body

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've thought about that with the Wights. In Season 1, it was fire or nothing. Now you get stabby with one and it works. That doesn't bother me but I got one thing that has been on my mind.

How much liquor did Thoros's flask hold? Seemed like everyone was hitting that and there was plenty left to burn his body
there was one wight Jon killed by running his blade along the wight's belly...how the hell did that kill it? It doesn't have guts to spill!

I feel like (maybe?) Jorah just pushed a blade into the bear's neck, and it was done. WTF?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The teleporting is a product of only having 7 episodes to tell a 13 episode story

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could have closed with one red shirt still alive and limping away.
Army goes after him, but the Night King holds them all back.
He walks to the hill Snowcean's Six was on.
Raises his arms.
Everyone would expect to see the fallen red shirts rise, but they remain still.
Dragon bursts through the ice with blue eyes, roll credits....

It seems like they are fast forwarding to get to the scene they wanted to end the season with.
I've always contended that the show was at its best when two characters were talking.

As for the chains, didn't Maynce's team have big chains and wooley's that the giants hooked up to open up the door leading into the keep?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The teleporting is a product of only having 7 episodes to tell a 13 episode story
I still think them being past GRRM's writing is not doing them any favors. They are getting more and more fantastical and it is getting silly. I know it is a fantasy show, but there still needs to be some kind of basis in order for the story to make sense. Stop defying physics!

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

C'mon, these guys are on a roll! The show sucks!!!

Drinking flask holds too much liquid!!!!

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think them being past GRRM's writing is not doing them any favors. They are getting more and more fantastical and it is getting silly. I know it is a fantasy show, but there still needs to be some kind of basis in order for the story to make sense. Stop defying physics!

Except they aren't past GRRM's writing. He's involved in the show up to his neckbeard, thus not finishing the fucking books.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could have closed with one red shirt still alive and limping away.
Army goes after him, but the Night King holds them all back.
He walks to the hill Snowcean's Six was on.
Raises his arms.
Everyone would expect to see the fallen red shirts rise, but they remain still.
Dragon bursts through the ice with blue eyes, roll credits....

It seems like they are fast forwarding to get to the scene they wanted to end the season with.
I've always contended that the show was at its best when two characters were talking.

As for the chains, didn't Maynce's team have big chains and wooley's that the giants hooked up to open up the door leading into the keep?

Good point about the chain. I guess we don't really know what resources they might have gathered over the years. Or maybe they didn't even gather them but just remembered seeing them laying around somewhere.