• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 8 @ Packers

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Green not being suspended makes no sense.

Dude went MMA during a game.

But he's not mean like Suh...

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Green not being suspended makes no sense.

Dude went MMA during a game.

But he's not mean like Suh...
Man I wish we had someone like Jalen Ramsey or Josh Norman. A salty CB that loves to get in WR's heads, and is uber talented. I like Slay, but he looks like a happy go lucky fucker.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I wish we had someone like Jalen Ramsey or Josh Norman. A salty CB that loves to get in WR's heads, and is uber talented. I like Slay, but he looks like a happy go lucky fucker.
Courtland Finnegan was one of my favorite players.

Ramsey is working on being in that category. Dude even took the body slam in stride. Cuz it's exactly what he was shooting for. He musta whispered some really mean things to garner a flag.

Norman is crazy over rated. The proof, Washington signed him.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a very impressive win, but much needed. The Packers were seriously depleted and Hundley is not an NFL QB. Thankfully Stafford had a good night. The defense was pretty good too, but considering the QB it still was not great.

I cant even describe how unhappy I am with the HC and OC. To put a guy back in the game that fumbled 2 times in 5 minutes is unimaginable. I am convinced a lot of our running issues stem from the OC not knowing how to draw up a running game. We have some talented lineman now. This is an OC problem. He knows the passing game, but he does not understand the run game. Caldwell is no help either.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a very impressive win, but much needed. The Packers were seriously depleted and Hundley is not an NFL QB. Thankfully Stafford had a good night. The defense was pretty good too, but considering the QB it still was not great.

I cant even describe how unhappy I am with the HC and OC. To put a guy back in the game that fumbled 2 times in 5 minutes is unimaginable. I am convinced a lot of our running issues stem from the OC not knowing how to draw up a running game. We have some talented lineman now. This is an OC problem. He knows the passing game, but he does not understand the run game. Caldwell is no help either.

Aside from the who cares last second TD it was basically a 20 point win at Lambeau. I don't know how we can consider that anything but impressive. Hundley is not an NFL QB, but so what. We have a couple of 3rd down backs at RB, which I think is the biggest part of that problem. Some of it is OC & OL coaching perhaps. But when we can't punch it in from a couple of yards out repeatedly that's just a matter of our guys up front and carrying the ball not being good enough imo..

AA should have never seen the field after the 2nd fumble and Caldwell remains a game management problem that raises its ugly head at least once per game, so I agree with that.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions can get healthy and play this way on offense passing, I only see like two losses for the rest of the season. At the Bears, maybe home to the Vikings and at the Bengals maybe.

I don't see a single game and think "well, that's probably a loss". The best team they face they've already beaten at their place. They'll probably lose a couple because it's the NFL, but their path is clear for them to tease us again.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from the who cares last second TD it was basically a 20 point win at Lambeau. I don't know how we can consider that anything but impressive. Hundley is not an NFL QB, but so what. We have a couple of 3rd down backs at RB, which I think is the biggest part of that problem. Some of it is OC & OL coaching perhaps. But when we can't punch it in from a couple of yards out repeatedly that's just a matter of our guys up front and carrying the ball not being good enough imo..

AA should have never seen the field after the 2nd fumble and Caldwell remains a game management problem that raises its ugly head at least once per game, so I agree with that.

I want to see Tion Green. I am done with AA. DW at least can return kicks if we need him to. I dont mind seeing Theo get a little more then just 3rd down duties but he is not the guy I want in their the majority of the time as well. ZZ was not bad but it is obvious he is not scaring anyone. Him not being able to get short yardage is another reason to make me believe we still need more than just a superstar runner. We need better line calls and play design.

Reactions: Rob

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard to believe they were inside the 4 on one drive and tried to run it in 3 times ---- with a team that CAN'T RUN THE BALL. Glad taking an FG there instead of getting a TD didn't cost us.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe they were inside the 4 on one drive and tried to run it in 3 times ---- with a team that CAN'T RUN THE BALL. Glad taking an FG there instead of getting a TD didn't cost us.

Or going for a TD and not getting it.

Too soon?

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was one of the more impressive wins in my opinion.

The impressive thing to me was this was the first time that I can clearly remember that Stafford came out, knew he was the best player on the field for either team and then played as such.

He dominated from start to finish, very encouraging. That is the type of shit Brees, Rodgers and Brady do on a consistent basis. It was very encouraging.

I am convinced a lot of our running issues stem from the OC not knowing how to draw up a running game. We have some talented lineman now. This is an OC problem.

While I agree, some of the run play calls were shit.

I watched that Mahlik dude get owned a few times in the run game. He is backup material at best. Decker should provide a nice boost to the run game.

The LG that Quinn drafted is serviceable but also kind of "meh"

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford is really good at filling the turkey hole.

- Gruden

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was one of the more impressive wins in my opinion.

The impressive thing to me was this was the first time that I can clearly remember that Stafford came out, knew he was the best player on the field for either team and then played as such.

He dominated from start to finish, very encouraging. That is the type of shit Brees, Rodgers and Brady do on a consistent basis. It was very encouraging.

While I agree, some of the run play calls were shit.

I watched that Mahlik dude get owned a few times in the run game. He is backup material at best. Decker should provide a nice boost to the run game.

The LG that Quinn drafted is serviceable but also kind of "meh"

Stafford dominated a defense that had backups at half the positions. Glad he did, but it was expected. And he looked healthier. The week off was good for him.

As far as the run plays, Mahalik is too tall to be a great run blocker. He will need to get better at it for sure. He is a good pass blocker though and he is a decent backup. Certainly better the Robinson was outside those first 2 games.

Cleary is a better run blocker but cant pass block worth a shit on the outside.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The announcers did talk about the need to find some way to get a running game for those short yardage situations. Using some of the big beef from defense to either play tight end, or fullback, or even be the short yardage back. Could be the revival of a Fridge Perry type of player if Caldwell or Cooter get that bug.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford dominated a defense that had backups at half the positions. Glad he did, but it was expected. And he looked healthier. The week off was good for him.

You expected it?

I've never once in my life expected Stafford to dominate. There were games where I would be like, oh he should do good against this defense.

But to dominate from start to finish and carry the team on his back like that. I've personally never expected it.