• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 8 - Boston College @ Virginia Tech

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to step on anyone's toes and start one of these out of turn (Nick, TAEdisonHokie... who I guess is only lurking now?)...

But last weekend's performance has me pretty juiced. El Tee 3 is looking like the player we've been promised and the Offense is firing on all cylinders. Not to mention that, in a game where we were all concerned about our mish-mash, rag-tag, patchwork DL, we had a great effort from our front seven. We're in the top-10 nationally for sacks (22 I think... 25 is tops). Maddy looks like the best 2-star find since... um... well... ever. Thank you coaches.

So... onto to BC. This game doesn't have me worried at all.

Which has me very worried. :eek2:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the only thing about BC that worries me is the fact that they've had an extra week to prepare for us. With Harris done for the year, I just don't think they will pose much of a threat. But like hokieproof, usually when I think this way somebody comes up and bites us we aren't expecting. But I see a score similar to the Wake game last week IMO.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be alone on this one, but i hope they sit Hosley for this game. Those hamstring injuries can be tricky, and we shouldnt need him this game. It's not like BC has a passing attack. And we need to give Bonner and maybe even Jarrett as much game experience as possible before next year, because it's unlikely Hosley will return.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bonner has not been impressive at all. Might be the time to try someone else out.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might be alone on this one, but i hope they sit Hosley for this game. Those hamstring injuries can be tricky, and we shouldnt need him this game. It's not like BC has a passing attack. And we need to give Bonner and maybe even Jarrett as much game experience as possible before next year, because it's unlikely Hosley will return.

I think that is a fine idea. We all know Hosley is gone after this year anyways and Hill will be graduating so we may as well get some young guys reps. Aside from his slip (which I would blame on the Field Turf) Bonner played good enough against Wake

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bonner has not been impressive at all. Might be the time to try someone else out.

Thought Bonner played pretty well against Wake. He lined up wrong a couple times and got juked badly once, but otherwise did well considering he has only seen very limited action in the past.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is Jarrett a corner or rover/safety? He's been in on nickel situations and that's it, right?

After him, who else we got? Chris Hill is a senior, Aromire is listed as a rover... one of the true frosh?

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought Bonner played exceptionally well against Wake. He looked like Fuller out there. He had a very mishaps, but was great against the run and in open field tackling.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Is Jarrett a corner or rover/safety? He's been in on nickel situations and that's it, right?

After him, who else we got? Chris Hill is a senior, Aromire is listed as a rover... one of the true frosh?

Jarrett's a corner.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I thought Bonner played pretty well, he was amongst team leaders in tackles. I know he got burnt (at least) once but FWIW so did hosley, so...

as far as hosley leaving, i'd say it is debatable whether he leaves early or not. At the beginning of the season i would have said that he is a lock to leave, but Im not sure if he goes or not now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is a fine idea. We all know Hosley is gone after this year anyways and Hill will be graduating so we may as well get some young guys reps. Aside from his slip (which I would blame on the Field Turf) Bonner played good enough against Wake

X2--Good idea..we will need EVERYONE healthy vs. GT..

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how are we looking so far as injuries go? Hosley has a hammy (not good... can be three/four week deals), but if he's leaving early (as most presume he will) it's not going to help him if he misses two games (if we shut him down for BC, why wouldn't we do the same for Dook?).

And Gayle? And others? Anyone have an update?

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Boston College is worse than Duke this season, but let's not be fooled. Duke has scared us before, and Boston College has a history and motivation to fight us. With that said, the team needs to take care of business, so they can earn some luxury game time for development and depth. Any regular who is healthy should start, and rotate in and out as necessary. I suspect the coaches will take this approach with Hosley and others. The goal should be to allow the starters to rest with the game in hand, not risk a scare by sitting them out altogether. No excuse to not play hard and beat BC, and Duke for that matter. With the extra time before Georgia Tech, the Hokies have time to heal.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gameplan should be to blow them out in the first half and rest all starters in the 2nd half. Open up the playbook and let it rip.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we rest Hosley and if Gayle has any lingering issues rest him too.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. The road to Charlotte is looking pretty straight and smooth right now...

GT has to play @ Miami this week, Clemson the following week. That could be two L's making out game with them almost meaningless (assuming we beat everyone else).

UNC (already with loses to GT and Miami) still has to play Clemson and us at home on a Thursday night.

Miami (already with 2 L's, one to us) has to play GT and FSU.

UVA still has to play FSU and us.

If GT loses its next two games we can lose one ACC game down the stretch and still be in Charlotte on Dec 3rd. What a difference a week makes.