• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GAME 7: Prediction: WVU vs. #4 Baylor

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'd just scroll down and ask GoldRusher. He seems to be closest again, predicting a three point win.

But.... I don't give up that easily. This is one of those predictions I hope and pray I am wrong.

I predict a lot of plays, and a lot of points. I think Baylor proves to have a little more offense. If we put up 70 again, we can win.... but I don't see us doing that. However, Charlie Strong and Co. have slowed down the Baylor attack.... What did Texas do? Can we mimic that? That is our only shot. I don't think our D will play Baylor AS WELL as Texas did earlier in a 28-7 loss, but I think our offense will be better. My gut tells me a broken heart will be there for us at the end of this well played game.

Baylor 55
WVU 49

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Wv coming back from Lubbock with some momentum and I think Baylor is due for a letdown game..what better place for that to happen then Morgantown for a 12 noon start!.....
in the top 10 anyone is beatable right now..

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor 49-35

What they did at TCU... Well, I don't know any way to realisticly predict a win here. I sure hope we find a way, but damn those guys are good.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a hard one, I think both teams will score a bunch, this is the best offense we will see this year, the defense faces a huge challenge. I hope our offense doesn't go to sleep like they have at times, or it could be ugly. I would love to see the upset, but I just can't logically predict a win here, I see maybe 56-35, Baylor

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor is just off an emotional win and so are we. Petty has been streaky and we are the home team. There offense is not as good as last year and our D is much better. WVU wins if the D does not blow big plays and STs hold their own.

WVU 40 Baylor 35

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call it like I see it.....

Baylor has playmakers all over field we do not

Baylor has a better QB in my opinion

Baylor can run the ball better than we can

Baylors defense will be ale to cover our two outside guys and stop the run

I think their overall team speed is going to leave us in the dust...

Baylor scores at will WVU 31

We both run the hurry up offense, I think they will do more with the opportunities they get.

Not sure what will have to happen for us to win this game, I would have preferred their defense to have played a lot better vs. TCU, but I think they will have something to prove against us

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without going back and watching the BU vs Texas game, Petty said Texas threw so much at him he was having a difficult time getting a read. Charlie Strong is a defensive genius. He slowed the BU offense this year, he slowed down Dana's offense with Geno and Co. back in 2011.

One of the problems with WVU's defense last year... due to inexperience forced onto the field of play... was the simplicity. I hope Gibby and Bradley mix up things in ways similar to Texas to help confuse Petty on Saturday.

Baylor is not as good away from home. I don't think TCU's offense is as good as WVU's.

WVU will have to make some stops on defense, and the offense will have to execute when given those opportunities.

Should be fun...

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What WVU needs to win is very simple. Mistake free football. By that I mean no major blunders. We can't give up special teams TDs. We can't turn the ball over. In addition, this defense NEEDS to find a way to force turnovers!They've been solid, but they will have to be better than solid. The best defense is the turnover. I know these things can be said for most games, but I see no way to win this one without a victory in turnover margin.

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our chances are much improved with the homefield and the fans filling the stands.
As much as I want to see a WVU win, Baylor just has too much for our defense.

BU - 48
WV - 41

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor is just off an emotional win and so are we. Petty has been streaky and we are the home team. There offense is not as good as last year and our D is much better. WVU wins if the D does not blow big plays and STs hold their own.

WVU 40 Baylor 35

Another wi for anotherfan

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there it is boys. You need to listen to your ol pal slaton10 more often calling the upset for your now #22 ranked West Virginia university mountaineers !!!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope they forget it fast and get on to the the task of Oklahoma St, they are going to have revenge on their minds.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked you guys to win last week. I was confident that any team that can hang with Bama can beat Baylor.