• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 6: Anaheim Ducks @ Los Angeles Kings, 5/14 6:30 PM, NBCSN

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always remind Hawks fans that the only reason they have won their last two Cups is they got that the miracle gift of winning the draft lottery in 2007 to move from 5th to 1st so they could pick Patrick Kane (the year after they drafted Toews 3rd).

Also, Hawks moving up pushed Kings from drafting 3rd to 4th the year there were 3 excellent prospects--Kane, Kyle Turris and VanRiemsdyk, leaving the Kings to take Hickey.

God I HATE the Hawks. Plus, cannot stand that obnoxious goal-scoring song.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot say enough about Quick right now. Wow. Look forward to him being our guy heading into Game 7. I'll live and die with Quick any day.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the worst start time, makes no sense.

Just goes to show you they could care less about the West Coast audience. 5:00 pm PT is prime time on the East Coast. It's all about selling advertising slots. Doesn't make much sense other than that. There is no other game scheduled for Friday. For those of you youngsters that are still working it sucks that you could miss the start. Hopefully Kings fans will once again invade the Pond and carry our team to the next round.

Ox

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Strange I am now seeing a 6pm start time, maybe the pre-game is at 5?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 reason I don't want the Kings eliminated: Darryl Sutter's interviews.

Don't think I remember a coach in any sport that's so good, so humble, such a gentleman, & so funny.

He just might be the most underrated coach in the history of the game.

It's no wonder the Kings' turnaround started the day they hired him.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there any updates on Regehr and Mitchell?

Just got back in from the gas station, Mrs. Puck's Rav4 was empty (second time I filled up today - my Suburban stopped at $100, usually takes about $110 and her's was $54. WTF!!!) and was listening to Kings talk and a caller asked about them - Mitchell has been skating with the team for a few days now and it's wait and see mode, Regehr has not skated at all.

I missed the Mitchell injury (SJ, Game 6?) but Regehr looked like he took a bad one to the left knee in Game 1 against Anaheim. Didn't look bad but those can be pretty brutal. He's a warrior too so if he is sitting, he is hurting.

Would be great to get either one back. Much better game from Muffin and Martinez but I would feel a lot better with one of those veterans in there, especially Regehr. He isn't the fastest guy in the world but he is very strong in front of Quick and still levels people.

Mitchell isn't that guy, he is simply smart, so either one would be welcomed back.

Last edited by a moderator:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always remind Hawks fans that the only reason they have won their last two Cups is they got that the miracle gift of winning the draft lottery in 2007 to move from 5th to 1st so they could pick Patrick Kane (the year after they drafted Toews 3rd).

Also, Hawks moving up pushed Kings from drafting 3rd to 4th the year there were 3 excellent prospects--Kane, Kyle Turris and VanRiemsdyk, leaving the Kings to take Hickey.

That draft year sucked ass in general, and I never quite thought of it that way. The Kings did indeed lose out on nabbing one of the only 3 real players by the Hawks winning the lottery.

God I HATE the Hawks. Plus, cannot stand that obnoxious goal-scoring song.

I can't agree with the hate sentiment, they have been my second favorite team since the late 1980s - when they had Larmer, Smith, Suter, Chelios, Ruutu, Graham, Roenick, Belfour, etc. They were a fast, bruising, skilled team. I fell in love with the logo and then when they played Pittsburgh in 1991 for the Cup and lost, they sold me completely as a number two behind LA.

Seeing them in the toilet for so many years was tough, Wirtz Sr. was an idiot and a cheap one to boot. He moved so many guys because he refused to pay them although he was one of the few owners who owned their own building so they didn't have that overhead. I mean when you trade Chris Chelios to a DIVISION RIVAL in Detroit, because you won't pay him, you are one severely cheap SOB.

That song however, I will completely agree with you on. It's absolutely terrible, and Chelsea Dagger makes my ears bleed too. Someone shoot their music picker guy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the laugh, Blue.
On to Game 7--love to beat those bastards in own building.

I live in Chicago area and all the f'ing Hawk fans keep telling me "We're rooting for your team--we don't want to play the Ducks." I'd love to beat those arrogant fucks to get in SCF.

Can you blame them? Ever since our cup win, our success vs them has been minimal.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny, the game 7 this year against San Jose, I did not want it that bad. I figured beating any NHL team 4 times in a row is extremely difficult and the Kings showed guts without home ice merely pushing it 7.

However, this game 7, I really want it. The Ducks are like that pick up game that has three players that habitually cherry pick on the offensive end. Sue, I suppose it works, but it annoys the hell out of me. ANC Kings fans are far superior to Orange County fans. I really hope they pull it off.