• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 5, Dubs @ Flop City 4/29/14 730pst Tip off

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sterling out as owner, check

Dubs evening up the series prior to this game, check

Dubs playing with house money, no one thought they'd get this far, check.

Will Dubs outside shooting, carry down south? How loud will the protests be down south?

Bring it folks. Heres to good game!

LETS GO DUBS! :yahoo:

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope you're lucky tonight Lee. If the Dubs end up taking this series, I don't want to hear any crying about distractions from that SoCal crew.

Go Warriors!!!

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just hope we have a competitive 1st quarter. Avoid the big hole.

Gotta know the Clips are going to be very, very energized tonight.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three shots for Curry in the first half and 5 turnovers. Once again Clips have managed to take him out of the game. 9 shots for Iguadola in the first half to lead the team! 7-13 from the charity stripe. Warriors are lucky to only be down by 7. No way they win this game unless they play much better in the 2nd half.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On pure talent, Steph Curry is likely among the top five players in The Association.. When he learns to play fundamentally sound basketball, he'll be a champion.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So insanely frustrating to watch the game when you can see the refs are all wearing Clippers jerseys under their referee shirts.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So insanely frustrating to watch the game when you can see the refs are all wearing Clippers jerseys under their referee shirts.

Really? I thought it was a well-called game overall.

Can't say that about many of the other games in this series.

Clipper depth was too much tonight. Green got into foul trouble, and that made a huge difference.

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I thought it was a well-called game overall.

Can't say that about many of the other games in this series.

Clipper depth was too much tonight. Green got into foul trouble, and that made a huge difference.

I thought there were a few bad calls, but nothing game changing or highly unusual for a road playoff game. They had a few bad turnovers, but 13 overall is great for this team especially after the 20+ in each of the first 2 games. Also frustrating that they did a good job defending Griffin and held Paul to 6-17 and couldn't get a win. Paul seemed to knock down a few timely shots to shut down any momentum. Curry hits that 3 to give them the lead and Paul comes right back down and hits a 3. Jordan had a great game and I thought Collison played so well that even when Paul sat there was pretty much no drop off.

Hopefully being at home will help them gain some rhythm offensively and push this to game 7.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No other outcome than a Clipper victory would have been aceptable to the NBA front office last night and it was clear that they informed the refs of what their desires were. Stephan Curry did his best to help the Clipper cause as well with his horrendous performance handling the ball.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, D.Green is all heart, if the Dubs had more players with his desire and fire to play the game, we would be "Elite".

Sadly, in a 7 game series, the better team normally wins. Dubs bench gave us next to nothing last night. That isn't a slight on the Coach, or the GM, the bench just needs to step it up.

I don't think at any point, I saw "quit" in the eyes of the players, but they (they bench) just got outworked. And give credit to Flop City, they were doing their thing last night. Dubs had no answers to DJ. D. Lee couldn't get in foul trouble, and basically gave up dunk after dunk after dunk.

Game 6 at Roracle could be the last home game this year. If so, I'll Tip my hat to the effort, and hope for better things next year.

Where did HB go in game 5? After a breakout game in Game 4 at home, he was very quiet on offense and defense. Dubs managed to get boards, but decided not to run for some reason. The Cp3, Collison, Reddick lineup killed us. Not sure why Jackson didn't go 3 small guards in return. I guess he had his reasons. I would have let Collison shoot the ball 30x last night from distance, lesses of evils there.

Dubs have their backs against the wall, how will they respond?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, D.Green is all heart, if the Dubs had more players with his desire and fire to play the game, we would be "Elite".

Sadly, in a 7 game series, the better team normally wins. Dubs bench gave us next to nothing last night. That isn't a slight on the Coach, or the GM, the bench just needs to step it up.

I don't think at any point, I saw "quit" in the eyes of the players, but they (they bench) just got outworked. And give credit to Flop City, they were doing their thing last night. Dubs had no answers to DJ. D. Lee couldn't get in foul trouble, and basically gave up dunk after dunk after dunk.

Game 6 at Roracle could be the last home game this year. If so, I'll Tip my hat to the effort, and hope for better things next year.

Where did HB go in game 5? After a breakout game in Game 4 at home, he was very quiet on offense and defense. Dubs managed to get boards, but decided not to run for some reason. The Cp3, Collison, Reddick lineup killed us. Not sure why Jackson didn't go 3 small guards in return. I guess he had his reasons. I would have let Collison shoot the ball 30x last night from distance, lesses of evils there.

Dubs have their backs against the wall, how will they respond?

Possible they could win game 6 but, I agree with you, no way they win game 7 down there. Not only are they the inferior team but the NBA will not allow it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors only had 13 turnovers, but they were costly ones, leading to at least 20 Clipper's points. Curry made 8 of them, once again wilting under defensive pressure. Even playing him off the ball for a stretch didn't work. Interesting how when Curry has guarded Paul on brief occasions, Paul has been able to shoot over the top of Curry, yet Curry can't do the same, despite being 2 or 3 inches taller than Paul. He really has put the D on Curry, and on a bad wheel to boot.

41 trips to the charity stripe was a killer, and the Speights' flagrant foul which lead to a 5 point play, was just deflating. Barnes as usual was Barnes - just can't be relied on game in and game out. Warriors really needed him to develop into a solid and consistent contributor and it just hasn't happened.

Other than game one, which is throw away anyway due to the excessive foul calls, Warriors haven't given any indication that they can win on the Clippers home court. Even though they stuck close for most of the game, I never really had the feeling they were in this game. Whenever the Clips really needed a basket, they got it. Warriors just couldn't get any stops on defense.

I think game six is a 50/50 proposition. They'll be at home, but the Clips are sensing the end. All in all I can't really criticize the Warriors effort against a better team, with no Bogut. I can't see any reason why Blake or Crawford will be resigned. Outside of Curry, Thompson and Lee there is no else who can be counted on for consistent production on the offensive side of the ball. That has to change in the offseason.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, I think the Dubs played good defense again Floppy Griffin, they held him to 2-10 in the 1st half? No one on the team could stop Dj, when they went to the Hack a Jordan, he actually hit some FT's.

I think Blake may be back, Jordan Crawford, if he isn't on contract, should be let go. His streakiness doesn't help when the Dubs need a reliable option at the 2. Maybe Nedo can step up next year.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope you're lucky tonight Lee. If the Dubs end up taking this series, I don't want to hear any crying about distractions from that SoCal crew.

Go Warriors!!!

I gave it my best shot, Dubs couldn't crest the hill, I don't think they gave up, but they were outgunned.

It ain't over til its over, but the fat lady, Roseanne/Oprah/Hillary Clinton/Honey Boo Boo is warming up the pipes.