• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #5 - Clemson at Virginia Tech

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Everyone on ESPN minus Lou, Lee, and Desmond are betting against us. I like it like that...

Don't forget Turtle from Entourage! According to him, Clemson will lose as soon as Enter Sandman is over.

So...yeah...thanks Turtle from Entourage?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the weather channel website, 15 mins before game time it is 43 with a drizzle. feels like 36 with a low of 42 tonight with showers. Radar was sparse but there was wintry mix very close by.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i feel like im a broken record here but logan thomas really needs to step up NOW. hes been average at best this season (personally id say below average) yet he keeps getting a pass. he is super inaccurate and doesnt have a lot of confidence. gotta improve now.

secondly, the playcalling has pissed me off. punting from the 31? really? if you want to get that conservative, run it on 3rd down to set up a closer field goal. dont punt from the 31. ended up being an 11 yard net. also, why not give logan thomas a qb sneak like we did on 3rd and short when we were on the goal like at 2nd and goal? instead we run from the I and clemson has time to get penetration. then we get a false start and force logan to pass (never a good situation). boneheaded mistakes are killing us right now.

we also HAVE to generate more pressure on boyd. our front 4 have to get a better rush.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to stop being so fucking predictable. We line up under center and run it, shotgun and pass it. Were is the PA from under center? Where is a HB screen? LT needs to make reads instead of deciding who he is going to throw to before the snap.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the offense needs to make a play. simple as that.

they wont win this game unless they can complete a pass that travels more than 5 yards in the air. they're making a shit defense look good right now.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
demler is horrible. why on earth is he still taking the field?

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody needs to explain something to me. We're gaining about 9 1/2 yards per carry running up the middle. So, of course, we run up the middle on first down. No problem with that. Then, we run to the edge the next two plays and lose a combined 4 yards. Why? Is this crazy to anyone else? They haven't stopped either back running up the gut, yet they refuse to just pound it up the field that way. RUN THE BALL UP THE FUCKING MIDDLE!!!

Oh, and Demler sucks. Just go for it on every 4th down...field position will be about the same.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the defense should play both ways. i'd say VT should just punt on first down, but with how skillful demler i wouldn't be surprised if he punts the next one backwards.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
logan thomas might have a future, but he is not good right now. you will never convince me otherwise.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is anyone truly surprised right now? be honest. logan sucked in every game this season more or less. he throws way high on simple screens/short passes and it puts our receivers in bad position. that is about 50% of this completions this season. now we play a real team, im not surprised that this is happening. we couldnt put many points on ECU/Marshall/Ark St relatively speaking, how did we expect to score on Clemson? this is embarrassing. i seriously hope they consider a QB change, though i highly doubt it will happen.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i want an offensive coaching staff change first. not trying to defend LT cause like i said above i dont think he's very good. but the offensive coaching staff is a joke. out coached routinely.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Delmer sucks balls. Plain and simple.
2. The play calling sucks bigger balls. see above post about running up the middle to start. 3rd and 6 and we throw it behind the line of scrimmage. Ocain is putting routes out most of the night that take too long to develop. It is seriously showing that LT is an athlete that was asked to play QB and not the other way around. He is not in sync with his WRs, he doesn't get the ball out fast enough, and he is way off target. Run the 5-10 yard crossing routes and outs like we did against Ark State. Play calling is 75% of our stuggling offense tonight. It is amazing how fucking stupid some of these calls are. Give the LT a TE to help him. We are down by 20, Play action means shit right now. It takes LT's eyes off the play and too long to develop. We have had 1 good season on offense in the past 10 years. Ever think it is the offensive coaching? No visible adjustments. Snap count the same every time. I have never been this pissed watching a game. Defense played well. They did their part. If the offense could do anything in the 2nd half Clemson would have not scored as much as they did. Time to let the Stiney go after this season. He has a veteran OL, good WRs, and a stellar RB to help the new QB and we look like a high school team.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would support moving LT back to TE and bringing in Leal for a few games to give him a chance.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, the offensive coaching has been crap for quite a while now. but the coaches arent throwing the ball into the dirt/way over a receivers head. it goes both ways. logan isnt a D1 QB right now, and the offensive coaching staff is the same ol same ol. the one thing about beamer i dont like is his unwavering loyalty it seems, i think he is too loyal to the offensive staff. we made some changes this offseason, but it was more re-assigning roles and bringing in his son.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LT has made bad throws but the coaches never put him in a chance to succeed from what I could see. 3rd down routes no where near the first down marker for instance.