• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 10 - Philadelphia Flyers at Buffalo Sabres(10-30-15): 7:00pm EST

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The second period last night was flat out embarrassing. I thought we should've been trailing about 5-0 entering the third period. Then, the power play to start the period was a complete waste and the game was basically out of reach by the time we had a decent shift or two with 11 minutes remaining. The only thing we can take from this game is keeping a goalie from getting a shutout for his FIRST career win.

As resilient as this team has shown to be in the past, what bothered me most is that we showed ZERO push back after giving up the goal late in the first. How can we just sit back and completely give up when down only 1-0 or 2-0? We have the talent and skill to be able to score goals in bunches, but it's as if we were standing still for probably 70% of the game. What the fuck is everyone doing? It's absolutely amazing.

I'll give Buffalo credit for really skating hard and staying all over us throughout the second and first half of the third, but to have no response is unacceptable.

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I saw a team get spanked so badly and only lose by a couple goals.

Buffalo IS a better team now with new offensive talent in the fold so it's not like previous games against them where they definitely should beat them - but I expected much better than this last night

To get one out of a possible six points in the last three games against these opponents is quite frankly, embarrassing - even if this team beats really good teams, they aren't going to be taken seriously if they keep losing to teams they should have more success against

I love G and Jake, but if the Flyers record was Anaheim bad right now, they would be getting WAY more heat - I get that they want Jake to get his goal but they need to let it come naturally instead of forcing it to him - they are hurting their own game by trying to help one guy - if the team plays well as a group, eventually he will get his

I know the expectations for this team weren't to dominate by any means, but if this keeps up, they'll have to rock the boat and do something to get them on the right track - they don't want to rush the young kids and that's understandable, but maybe they would give one of the young forwards from Lehigh a chance(Taylor Leier, Nick Cousins, etc) and get rid of one of these forwards

I didn't mind breaking up G and Jake last night, that's not a bad idea at all - that being said, anyone who thinks losing Couts and Pebbles aren't big blows is crazy - now it means Michael Raffl having to center the third line and the PK depth gets thrown out the window - there isn't very much defensive prowess in the forward group once they lose those guys and it absolutely hurts because they can't create any damn offense from good defense

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing Couts is not making a difference as Mall said we have seen this movie over and over the last 3-4 years and he has been in the lineup. This team is pathetic and it makes me so mad to watch them knowing they could win these games against non playoff teams because weve all seen them play great against the playoff teams. I wish someone would have an answer so we could enjoy this season.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing Couts is not making a difference as Mall said we have seen this movie over and over the last 3-4 years and he has been in the lineup. This team is pathetic and it makes me so mad to watch them knowing they could win these games against non playoff teams because weve all seen them play great against the playoff teams. I wish someone would have an answer so we could enjoy this season.
Yep it's baffling and even more so is the PP sucking. How can they possibly be that bad right now???

I'll coach'em up on Thursday as I'll be at the flamers game.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep it's baffling and even more so is the PP sucking. How can they possibly be that bad right now???

Great from what I've been seeing the last three games we need all the help we can get. Have fun at the game.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We're obviously a lot better on the power play, it's just a slump and a small sample size. Last season, the power play operated at 23.4% across 82 games and this season 12.5%, but through only 10 games.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're obviously a lot better on the power play, it's just a slump and a small sample size. Last season, the power play operated at 23.4% across 82 games and this season 12.5%, but through only 10 games.
Agreed it should balance as the players are the same for the most part.