• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Frolov and Kovalchuk have back-up plans in place

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone will throw $10M per at Kovy. The only question is where does he want to play?

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any team can offer more than 8 mil and still have a team to support him. If some team does offer 10 mil it would be a 5 mil pay cut. No taxes in Russia. Frolov would have be offered 10 mil to net the same amount of money if KHL offers him 5 mil.
Of the two I think Frolov can go to Russia, make the big money and be a hero. Kovy might be willing to prove he is the best in the NHL and settle :eek:for 8 mil.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Someone will throw $10M per at Kovy. The only question is where does he want to play?

really? he's worth more that Crosby or Ovechkin? I'd be surprised if a long term deal is over $8.5.
then again, if it's only for a couple of years it could happen. hell, Gillis was prepared to throw that kind of coin at the ghost of mats sundin.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really? he's worth more that Crosby or Ovechkin? I'd be surprised if a long term deal is over $8.5.
then again, if it's only for a couple of years it could happen. hell, Gillis was prepared to throw that kind of coin at the ghost of mats sundin.

No he's not worth it. That hasn't stopped GM's from offering ridiculous contracts in the past. These GMs are still the same, meaning the same idiots can still offer these contracts. They just can't offer as many. Like I said, someone with the cap space will throw the dough at Kovalchuk, guaranteed.