• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Friday, August 9th Game Thread: Bird Gang v. Cheese Whiz

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards win! We are going to the Superbowl! Did Siri say Super Bowl?!?! I meant super buffet...damn predictive text!

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, I was impressed with the youngsters aside form tight end D.C. Jefferson. That guy has hands of stone. The one training camp practice I went to was no different form the preseason game. Balls were bouncing off his hands.

Mathieu was as absolute stud. Breaking up passes, sacked the QB, fearless and shifty on punt returns. This guy was an absolute steal in the 3rd round.

Minter made some nice plays. You can see his pursuit to the ball carrier is very instinctful and he knows how to tackle.

Cooper was a road grader just like in college. He looked comfortable and didn't seem to make any mistakes.

Steph Taylor was impressive with his tough running and ability to fall forward to pick up extra yards.

As for team as a whole:

Offense looked like they can move the ball because the O-line was actually pass protecting. The protection was amazing. Palmer and Stanton had plenty of time to deliver deep balls. Aside from the false start, Levi Brown did an excellent job on Clay Mathews. It's good to have Levi back. QB's looked very solid. Such a huge upgrade from last year. They were actually throwing deep outs and fly patters to their playmakers. Brings back memories of the Warner years. The team needs to work on the zone blocking. Not many holes opened up. We need the running game blossom to make the passing game more successful.

The starting defense was solid. The deep ball to Jones was a killer but other than that they held their own. Cason scares me a bit. A lot of balls are gonna be thrown his way because Peterson is gonna shut down his half of the field. The d-line had a great goal-line stand which was nice to see. The second stringers were excellent. The Packers 2's couldn't move the ball at all against our 2's. Seeing Abraham get that sac fumble was awesome.

Overall, I was very encouraged after the first game. We have a long way to go, but their is no doubt the team will be much improved.