• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency 2019

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough decisions to make for sure. How much is the FO willing to spend? They are not going to be able to address all team needs through the draft so some holes will need to be filled through FA

Here's the caveat, do we get a couple gappers to push us to the next level or just continue to lean on the young guys to make it happen. IMHO I think it's important to have an enforcer // influencer on D to help lead the charge and mentor the younger players. Willis, Lott, B Young...I'm thinking in those terms. It can really accelerate the progression of others that are trying to find their way through mentor-ship. I get it's dollars to doughnuts, but I think it would be worth it on the field and in the locker room. Guess we'll have to wait and see how the FA and draft shake out to see?

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, that is the impression i'm getting too. I know we're swayed by Sweat's combine numbers, but still think it is these two then a little drop off.

Taking this further, my take from reading is Bosa suits our 4-3 scheme period. Josh Allen suits a 3-4 scheme better, because he doesn't have as much rush technique. Plus, he can also drop back in coverage. So if a LEO is our goal....and no question it is....seems like it is Bosa or try to get a trade down?

TRY to trade down but under this scenario (Bosa went 1st), no one needs to trade up to #2? If i'm another team looking to trade up (Murray), i'd deal with the Jets or Raiders.

I would be ok with Allen, but trying to trade down and fill in another hole. Sweat would immediately be the fastest d'lineman or hybrid linebacker on the squad! Fast enough to cover backs, tes, qbs and pressure the QB!!:):) Another OT, WR, CB would be worth the trade down and another pick!!

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would be ok with Allen, but trying to trade down and fill in another hole. Sweat would immediately be the fastest d'lineman or hybrid linebacker on the squad! Fast enough to cover backs, tes, qbs and pressure the QB!!:):) Another OT, WR, CB would be worth the trade down and another pick!!
and trade for Ford!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

We have to be careful with Sweat, running a fast 40 doesn't necessarily mean he can cover? Coverage requires quick and lateral movements in space, not straight line speed.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kwon Alexander is signing with the 49ers to a four year 54 million dollar contract with 27 million guaranteed.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather have Dee Ford. Younger
I don't think they play the same role do they? Isn't Ford more of a hybrid DE/LB that specializes in rushing the passer?
I read something about the Niners looking for someone more along the role that Warner and Smith now play and I thought Houston was one of those guys.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they play the same role do they? Isn't Ford more of a hybrid DE/LB that specializes in rushing the passer?
I read something about the Niners looking for someone more along the role that Warner and Smith now play and I thought Houston was one of those guys.

They are also looking for pass rusher on the edge like Dee Ford. Supposedly the 49ers have interest in Ford but the price tag might be too high

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are also looking for pass rusher on the edge like Dee Ford. Supposedly the 49ers have interest in Ford but the price tag might be too high
They'll have to decide soon. Might depend on what they can get in the draft. Ford is a good one.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alexander, 24, is coming off a torn ACL in his left knee, which he sustained on Oct. 21

Oh Jesus. You gotta be kidding me!

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alexander, 24, is coming off a torn ACL in his left knee, which he sustained on Oct. 21

Oh Jesus. You gotta be kidding me!

He's a good player I'm not sure he's worth the money especially coming off an injury.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on the overpay. IDK why this is something they needed to jump on at the start of free agency.

He's a 24 year old Pro Bowl LB (2017). So I understand wanting to add him. I'm guessing the guaranteed money is the first two years.