• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Frank Kaminsky .. yes or no

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic, but am I the only one that thinks it is weird as fuck that Wisconsin's mascot is named Bucky when Ohio State is the Buckeyes?

Calling Bucky Badger weird is simply distasteful. Show a little respect. You'll have to google that teach me how to Bucky.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's face it , if he has a similar game against those blue bloods from Kentucky then he's gone. Not counting on it but sure not betting against it. Kentucky is going to be real tough to beat though.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaminsky is more similar to Brian Cardinal than he is to Dirk..

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's face it , if he has a similar game against those blue bloods from Kentucky then he's gone. Not counting on it but sure not betting against it. Kentucky is going to be real tough to beat though.

Yes, that's going to be a test for Kaminski as the Kentucky bigs are really big and very mobile. Now they got this guy Lee who no one has heard of and the guy comes in and dominates the boards and scores 10 points. That said, Wisconsin has better outside shooting than Michigan so it looks that Wisconsin will be an uphill battle for the Cats/

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Kaminksy on any mock drafts. Whether he played against Arizona or Kentucky makes no difference.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying he will be, but yes it does matter how he plays vs. Kentucky. He's strung enough really good games together that he will have scouts looking. A quite a few mocks have Decker late in the first round and I personally think Kaminsky has just as good if not better a chance. I can assure you that his play of late has people noticing. Believe me I am not comparing him to anyone but he has played exceptionally well the entire tournament and all the year for that matter.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling Bucky Badger weird is simply distasteful. Show a little respect. You'll have to google that teach me how to Bucky.

I am just saying, if you were a casual fan and Wisconsin was playing Ohio State and someone mentioned Bucky, a person could be confused easily as to which team they were referring to. You don't normally refer to the animal Badger as a buck.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, just was joking. But he's still a pretty cool mascot. I seen him tangle with the Michigan State Spartan mascot years ago. All hell broke out. Some weird skirmish, but for real. They really could call him Sam the Badger or Tim the Badger could they, that would sound pretty stupid.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that's going to be a test for Kaminski as the Kentucky bigs are really big and very mobile. Now they got this guy Lee who no one has heard of and the guy comes in and dominates the boards and scores 10 points. That said, Wisconsin has better outside shooting than Michigan so it looks that Wisconsin will be an uphill battle for the Cats/

Come again? Who led the B1G in 3 point %.......sure as hell wasn't Wisconsin

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan finished ahead of Wisconsin in every shooting category and was 4th in the nation for 3 point % so you might want to rethink that

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaminsky isnt going high in any draft. Just doesnt have the athletic ability to be a top 10 guy. The draft is about ceilings, not floors. Kaminsky is approaching his ceiling. NBA is more interested in guys that can become stars. I think he can play in the NBA as a solid role player, but teams will pick athletic freaks in front of him that will end up as busts.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiminski reminds me of Mike Miller, a Florida player who is about 6-10 and played for the Heat a few years and gave some great minutes. Made a lot of 3's, grabbed some rebounds, and could handle the ball.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiminski reminds me of Mike Miller, a Florida player who is about 6-10 and played for the Heat a few years and gave some great minutes. Made a lot of 3's, grabbed some rebounds, and could handle the ball.

WHAT? Have you ever seen mike miller play basketball?

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT? Have you ever seen mike miller play basketball?

LOL, you are the last person anyone wants to hear from regarding evaluating talent...Mr. 57% guesser. :laugh3:

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, you are the last person anyone wants to hear from regarding evaluating talent...Mr. 57% guesser. :laugh3:

That's all fine and dandy, but you must explain how you can watch frank Kaminsky play basketball and say you think he is similar to mike miller. That's like saying "Kevin Durant and Andre Drummond are both tall black guys who shoot well in the paint, hey they must be similar!!"

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaminisky will not be a 2gaurd or a small forward in the NBA.(He'll be a power forward I assume.) He might be a six man, idk. I do know he'll be white no matter what role he plays.(guys always end up being compared to other guys of their race.) Hope he stays another year. It'd be good for Wisky, the BIG and Frank himself. I don't see him being a lottery pick this year. But two more great games could change that. Doubt it though.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Runeman frantically searching through YouTube clips to see who the heck this Andre Drummond guy is and praying he is just like kevin Durant....

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a pretty interesting story...he's one of those blessed kids that could handle the ball (I think he was a point guard or could at least play point guard when he was in high school) then decided to grow like 6" in one year and all of the sudden he was a 7' center that could play inside or out...he will be a hell of an NBA player...imagine him improving his deep shot a little more (it's already pretty damn good)....he's an American Dirk Nowitzki

I absolutely agree with this. Regardless when he goes to the NBA I would bet he will be a very good pro. There are very very few players his size who can do much more than tie their shoes. He can play from anywhere on the court and play like he belongs there. Personally I hope he stays in school becuz once he goes to the NBA i'll never see him again.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaminisky will not be a 2gaurd or a small forward in the NBA.(He'll be a power forward I assume.) He might be a six man, idk. I do know he'll be white no matter what role he plays.(guys always end up being compared to other guys of their race.) Hope he stays another year. It'd be good for Wisky, the BIG and Frank himself. I don't see him being a lottery pick this year. But two more great games could change that. Doubt it though.

After thinking about it this is basicallly what I come up with. I am sure has stock has risen but unless Wisconsin wins and he plays another stellar game he probably would be a late first rounder but you never know. He's played well all season and has shined in the tournament. I think the next game will be very important for his stock seeing Wisconsin will take on a very athletic Kentucky team. I'm a Marquette and have enjoyed watching him play. He's been the difference when comparing this Wisconsin team to their teams from other years, he's the one guy they didn't really ever have before. Either way I am wishing them good luck.
I crossing my fingers on Marquette making their coaching decision. Im hearing Cuonzo Martin but who knows, your guess is as good as mine. I just hope they can keep their top 8 recruiting class together after this whole coaching ordeal.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a terrible comparison for Frank. BRAD MILLER? He was an immobile set shooter in the NBA. Frank can drive, dish, shoot the three and mid, post up, and a solid shot blocker.

he does all that and more. What strikes me more than anything is how good of a passer he is. Love watching this kid play