• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Frank Kaminsky .. yes or no

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaminsky isnt going high in any draft. Just doesnt have the athletic ability to be a top 10 guy. The draft is about ceilings, not floors. Kaminsky is approaching his ceiling. NBA is more interested in guys that can become stars. I think he can play in the NBA as a solid role player, but teams will pick athletic freaks in front of him that will end up as busts.

wrong and i'll tell you why , it's quite simple. The NBA is FULL of players who reach their limit in college. Guys who simply don't improve measurable after turning pro. Kaminsky improves everytime he hits the floor and everyone notices that. He isn't even close to his ceiling and won't be for a while.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that's going to be a test for Kaminski as the Kentucky bigs are really big and very mobile. Now they got this guy Lee who casual basketball fans like Runeman have not heard of and the guy comes in and dominates the boards and scores 10 points. That said, Wisconsin has better outside shooting than Michigan so it looks that Wisconsin will be an uphill battle for the Cats/

Fify

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come again? Who led the B1G in 3 point %.......sure as hell wasn't Wisconsin

don't try to question Runeman's random thoughts. If you do he will come back and say that you didn't play Pick 'em (the true test about whether somebody understands basketball, of course) which means you were at 0% which means he is at 91% which means he knows 91% more than you about basketball.

So sure, wisconsin is the best 3 pt shooting team in the history of basketball!

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a terrible comparison for Frank. BRAD MILLER? He was an immobile set shooter in the NBA. Frank can drive, dish, shoot the three and mid, post up, and a solid shot blocker.

If Frank Kaminsky has the NBA career that Brad Miller had, he would be 100% completely satisfied, and so would whatever team drafts him. Frank Kaminsky will never be the passer that Brad Miller was. He is a better shooter, but I don't know that he is better in the post. Slightly more mobile, but not nearly as big a difference as you are making it out to be.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't try to question Runeman's random thoughts. If you do he will come back and say that you didn't play Pick 'em (the true test about whether somebody understands basketball, of course) which means you were at 0% which means he is at 91% which means he knows 91% more than you about basketball.

So sure, wisconsin is the best 3 pt shooting team in the history of basketball!

Arizona lost, as I said they would. It was an easy call for a team that lost, IN MARCH to two teams outside the top twenty. Florida won as I said they would, there are no PAC teams remaining, as I stated while the SEC has two. I picked 11/12 correctly, you picked 7 of 12 which is about the same as throwing darts. Bottom line; I get it right and you don't. What makes you think you actually know something about the game? That was a rhetorical(look it up) question. I would rather you just went away and not focus on me.

Last edited by a moderator:

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona lost, as I said they would; Florida won as I said they would, there are no PAC teams remaining, as I stated while the SEC has two. I picked 11/12 correctly, you picked 7 of 12 which is about the same as throwing darts. Bottom line; I get it right and you don't. What makes you think you actually know something about the game? That was a rhetorical(look it up) question. I would rather you just went away and not focus on me.

No sir, I will be here every time you make up more shit about basketball, which will be ALMOST every time you talk. Wow you picked Florida, THAT MUST HAVE BEEN TOUGH! Newsflash, so did everyone else INCLUDING me. You said Arizona was going to lose to OK State. Why aren't you talking more about that?

Also, you just compared Frank Kaminsky to Mike Miller. I'm never letting you live that one down. What's next, Mugsy Bogues is just like Chris Paul because they both got lots of steals and were PGs?

Shit, you probably have no idea who Mugsy Bogues is... but no worries, if his team was playing another team in one game, you would probably do a GREAT job with that 50/50 coin flip and then tell everyone all along that you KNEW who would win 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt!

Mike Miller? Seriously?

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^

Well maybe you could simply grow the fuck up.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wrong and i'll tell you why , it's quite simple. The NBA is FULL of players who reach their limit in college. Guys who simply don't improve measurable after turning pro. Kaminsky improves everytime he hits the floor and everyone notices that. He isn't even close to his ceiling and won't be for a while.

There just is not a long way for him to go. It is actually a compliment. He is an odd player. He can handle the ball. pass, and shoot. I dont see much more he can add to his game from here. The growth was amazing this yr, but where does he go from here? I do not think he is an inside player in the NBA. I think he gets pushed around. He is a poor man's Anthony Davis. He is a great guy to mix and match with. There are plenty of guys in the NBA that came out close to there ceiling. I said he wouldnt be top10, because he lacks that special athleticism. I did say he would not play in the NBA. I actually said the NBA will make a mistake by taking raw athletic kids over him looking for a star, instead of taking a 8-10 yr pro that will contribute. I think you just misinterpreted my post.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There just is not a long way for him to go. It is actually a compliment. He is an odd player. He can handle the ball. pass, and shoot. I dont see much more he can add to his game from here. The growth was amazing this yr, but where does he go from here? I do not think he is an inside player in the NBA. I think he gets pushed around. He is a poor man's Anthony Davis. He is a great guy to mix and match with. There are plenty of guys in the NBA that came out close to their ceiling. I said he wouldnt be top10, because he lacks that special athleticism. I did NOT say he would not play in the NBA. I actually said the NBA will make a mistake by taking raw athletic kids over him looking for a star, instead of taking a 8-10 yr pro that will contribute. I think you just misinterpreted my post.

had to fix it/

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After thinking about it this is basicallly what I come up with. I am sure has stock has risen but unless Wisconsin wins and he plays another stellar game he probably would be a late first rounder but you never know. He's played well all season and has shined in the tournament. I think the next game will be very important for his stock seeing Wisconsin will take on a very athletic Kentucky team. I'm a Marquette and have enjoyed watching him play. He's been the difference when comparing this Wisconsin team to their teams from other years, he's the one guy they didn't really ever have before. Either way I am wishing them good luck.
I crossing my fingers on Marquette making their coaching decision. Im hearing Cuonzo Martin but who knows, your guess is as good as mine. I just hope they can keep their top 8 recruiting class together after this whole coaching ordeal.

Cuonzo would be a great guy IMO. Young guy that can connect with kids. And just had two weeks of solid FaceTime for kids across the country to see him in action. If I had to link up FK with a former big guy that can shoot, Terry Mills comes to mind. (Not quite a lottery pick, but close. Won a title as a junior, stuck around and bumped his stock.). That's somewhat of a homer pick from me. But he was a semi-athletic big man before he got rolly polly late in his NBA career. He could bomb it from deep too.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had to fix it/
fair enough. I just happen to think he has a great future. I don't think he can handle trying to make a living in the paint but he has so much more to his game an the height and athleticism to succeed

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fair enough. I just happen to think he has a great future. I don't think he can handle trying to make a living in the paint but he has so much more to his game an the height and athleticism to succeed

That's right; look for him to be a power forward. The guy has game and can shoot the ball. Reminds me of Mike Miller who used to play for Florida and the Heat. Has the same skills and had it not been for Miller last year, the heat does not win the title. I really like Kaminski...if he is going to play post; he needs an additional 40 pounds of strength to be there. I like him better on the side.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right; look for him to be a power forward. The guy has game and can shoot the ball. Reminds me and nobody else on the planet of Mike Miller who used to play for Florida and the Heat. Has the same skills and had it not been for Miller last year, the heat does not win the title. I really like Kaminski...if he is going to play post; he needs an additional 40 pounds of strength to be there. I like him better on the side.

Fify