• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Former Giants in the Big Leagues - 2023 edition

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Joe Ross pitches in the minors with the Giants while rehabbing from TJ surgery and walks as a minor league free agent, and the Brewers sign him to a big league deal.

On the surface it is weird, but the strategy in general is probably net positive. The org gets a bit of a “good guy” rep for helping players heal and they get up close and personal scouting on outs of players.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the surface it is weird, but the strategy in general is probably net positive. The org gets a bit of a “good guy” rep for helping players heal and they get up close and personal scouting on outs of players.
I'm not holding anything against the Giants on this one. I think its weird that Ross gets a big league deal. I would have expected him to get a minor league deal with an invite somewhere. The fact the Brewers would ink him to a guaranteed deal seemed unnecessary but they also just signed their uber outfield prospect to a big extension. Ironically, that happens right around the same time the Mariners just shipped Evan White to the Braves and the Brewers are the same organization that recently had Jonathan Singleton on their roster. Maybe they can grab Scott Kingery as well.
Sorry, rabbit trail. My point is that some of their contracts don't seem necessary but hey, it may all work out well for them.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many of the names being brought up, I have no idea who they are. I stopped paying to much attention once F started his shuffleboard games with the roster.

If it were a song :
"put the righthander in, take the righthander out, then you shake him all about..."

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many of the names being brought up, I have no idea who they are. I stopped paying to much attention once F started his shuffleboard games with the roster.

If it were a song :
"put the righthander in, take the righthander out, then you shake him all about..."
Maybe that could be the Giants' theme for 2024.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3