• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For All The Scherff At #5 Guys, Did We Make A Mistake By Passing On Leonard Williams?

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scot wil be asked this question. Love to know the answer to it.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offensive line has sucked forever it seems. They had to help RG3 out. The dude was sacked what 50 times last year. 15 to 20 on him however. Not complaining about pick. It starts in the trenches.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. While i considered Williams the best player in the draft.... I considered Scherff slightly behind him. And when you toss in need, well this was the smart pick.

Remember... In Scot we trust. :)

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy answer....no...we had both rated very high..basically equal..but need was in the equation as well...very confident in the pick...

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching some draft boards pop up and saw some awfully strange things, including Gurley being in the top five players. Wow.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have taken williams but if scherff is good then who cares, I'm not going to agrue

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had Scherff number 1 on my Redskins big board.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
williams was the only guy you could make a case for drafting ahead of sherff and our history making pick

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. While i considered Williams the best player in the draft.... I considered Scherff slightly behind him. And when you toss in need, well this was the smart pick.

Remember... In Scot we trust. :)

As I've stated, I trust his judgment, you somehow didn't. To me, this was one of the safest picks he could've made. I thought, however, that Williams was clearly the best player on most draft boards. And I believe he was the best on Scot's. On its face, it seems this seems to factor in need, something which everyone knew would drive any choice Scot made.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy answer....no...we had both rated very high..basically equal..but need was in the equation as well...very confident in the pick...

I doubt we had them equal. I think need, safety, and Scot's first draft proved to be the factors at play here. No way do we draft any of the QBs, nor any OLB not named Fowler, or WRs. While I still believe Scherff was a reach, you can't go wrong with drafting him.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed! Months ago, I wanted Scherff because we desperately needed an OT. Not to mention, I love the way he plays, which is very nasty. All of those pancake blocks. He takes defenders completely out of plays. I believe Scot wanted to take him a few slots down, but he knew he'd be gone. We could not keep going on with Trent Williams being the only reliable pass blocker. By the way, if you look at my mock draft, you'll see that I chose him as our first pick.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offensive line has sucked forever it seems. They had to help RG3 out. The dude was sacked what 50 times last year. 15 to 20 on him however. Not complaining about pick. It starts in the trenches.

That's pretty much the bottom line. I like the pick.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've mentioned this already but this may have been the deciding factor. Medical issues important to SM

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had been hearing for months that Williams wasn't nearly as high on NFL gm's boards as he was on analyst' boards. I like Williams, but you are basically putting a guy like Hatcher or Paea on the bench, and the oline in the end kind of shape that it's in, it made sense. Plus, Scherff was very high on most reputable mock draft sites big boards. He was never the reach some on here claimed he was. I like the pick, and I'm glad it was made.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed! Months ago, I wanted Scherff because we desperately needed an OT. Not to mention, I love the way he plays, which is very nasty. All of those pancake blocks. He takes defenders completely out of plays. I believe Scot wanted to take him a few slots down, but he knew he'd be gone. We could not keep going on with Trent Williams being the only reliable pass blocker. By the way, if you look at my mock draft, you'll see that I chose him as our first pick.

But he may not play OT. That's yet to be determined. I hope he can play that position since that's our greatest position of need. If he was drafted as an OG, using our fifth overall pick is awfully high for that position.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had been hearing for months that Williams wasn't nearly as high on NFL gm's boards as he was on analyst' boards. I like Williams, but you are basically putting a guy like Hatcher or Paea on the bench, and the oline in the end kind of shape that it's in, it made sense. Plus, Scherff was very high on most reputable mock draft sites big boards. He was never the reach some on here claimed he was. I like the pick, and I'm glad it was made.

I can agree with that. If he's an OG, he was a reach. But at least we get to settle in one part of our o-line.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with that. If he's an OG, he was a reach. But at least we get to settle in one part of our o-line.

Just admit, he is better than the guys you wanted.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and I agree we are in need of an edge rusher as well. I hated the Murphy selection and I still do. I am crossing my fingers that we can grab Ray or Gregory at 38.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just admit, he is better than the guys you wanted.

That makes zero sense. This isn't some type of competition. As I said countless times, I'd be happy with Scherff. The issue was always one of value. I thought Fowler was better, but he got picked earlier. If Scherff turns out to be a Jansen-like OT, Scherff was definitely worth it. And I'm hoping for that.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="redskinsfan, post: 6553918, ]mewers I've stated, I trust his judgment, you somehow didn't. To me, this was one of the safest picks he could've made. I thought, however, that Williams was clearly the best player on most draft boards. And I believe he was the best on Scot's. On its face, it seems this seems to factor in need, something which everyone knew would drive any choice Scot made.[/QUOTE]

Naw, there were plenty of posters who were emphatically against factoring in need. The standard for them was BPA regardless, and here's the kicker not one thought that Schreff was that guy at #5 based on value charts and such.