• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For AL supremacy: Cleveland at Texas for four 8/25-8/28

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be. I'm thinking there might be a bit more objective explanation out there, though.
Indeed. The observation would be, the Rangers won 74 games thus far despite the touted sacred statistics.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't put major league hitters away. Learn an out pitch.
At least he has been able to get AAA hitters out. He was having a lot of trouble with that earlier this year. His moderate level of success continues. He was very close to being another Luke Jackson for awhile.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he has been able to get AAA hitters out. He was having a lot of trouble with that earlier this year. His moderate level of success continues. He was very close to being another Luke Jackson for awhile.

True. I haven't given up on him. He just needs more work. I believe he can be a serviceable starter.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, yeah.

So, what about the bet?

Sure. Except that id prefer if we split we just split. No messing with Run differential. Unless one of the other boys wants a crack at you this time.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Except that id prefer if we split we just split. No messing with Run differential. Unless one of the other boys wants a crack at you this time.

You had me sport a "Ranger's Girl" avi for a week, and you're pissing and moaning about a tie-breaker?!

Put your big boy pants on and let's get this going.

Ties are just so boring. I'd rather lose. You don't like RS? Suggest something else.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck, I'll really mix it up, and go with runs allowed as the tie breaker. I really don't give a shit, I just want to avoid a tie.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But sure, if any of you other pee leakin' Rangers fans wants a shot at the avi bet, just beat Romeo to the punch.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck, I'll really mix it up, and go with runs allowed as the tie breaker. I really don't give a shit, I just want to avoid a tie.

Fine. If they split, you lose. How bout that? :happy:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Crazy-Laughing-Man-Funny-Gif-Image.gif

giphy.gif

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I haven't given up on him. He just needs more work. I believe he can be a serviceable starter.
Based upon this post and the one you had before it I tend to agree it was nothing to write home about as striking out 1 AAA hitter in 7 innings is rather underwhelming. Just have to see how he finishes out but right now I would have no confidence in him up here.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're really sweating some retribution, huh?

Tell you what, I'll take your offer.

If the Rangers win two or more games, you pick my avi for a week. Indians have to win three of four for me to pick your avi, BUT, if I win, you sport my chosen avi for two weeks.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you define blowout baseball games as a 6 run differential or more, here is the Rangers season:

Through June 30 - 8 blowout wins, 7 blowout losses

Since July 1 - 0 blowout wins, 7 blowout losses

So while the bullpen and a few starting pitchers (including some guys who are no longer in the big leagues) are responsible for some really bad losses, clearly the offense has basically gone dormant for the better part of 2 months now. Even if you allow for 5 run victories, the Rangers have only 2 since July 1.

The offense you would have to think, and hope, is due for some sort of correction and upswing. It just can't stay this way. We may have played above our heads for a while in May and June. In July and August the offense has played below their capabilities. I really do believe it is going to improve soon. Could be today, could be tomorrow, could be early September, but the numbers suggest this level of putrid offensive baseball is not sustainable.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Rangers win two or more games, you pick my avi for a week. Indians have to win three of four for me to pick your avi, BUT, if I win, you sport my chosen avi for two weeks.

Haha. I got away with it once, and my team isn't playing good baseball right now. Damn right I'm sweating. That's fine though.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are in big trouble. He embarrassed you once and you're coming back for more? He baited ya good this time. Even Juliet doesn't mess with Romeo twice. You're done. Finished! Sad.:L

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonight is the 3rd game of a 22 game stretch where we play Seattle 7 times and Houston 6 times and both for the last time. So hopefully we start playing some good ball and the Holland we saw in the last game is the Holland we will see the remainder of the season and that we will get Colby back like he was before the DL. Getting some of our pitching back last year at this time along with Hamels, Diekman and Dyson was what got us going in the right direction and hope having Yu, Holland and Lewis will do the same this year.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you define blowout baseball games as a 6 run differential or more, here is the Rangers season:

Through June 30 - 8 blowout wins, 7 blowout losses

Since July 1 - 0 blowout wins, 7 blowout losses

So while the bullpen and a few starting pitchers (including some guys who are no longer in the big leagues) are responsible for some really bad losses, clearly the offense has basically gone dormant for the better part of 2 months now. Even if you allow for 5 run victories, the Rangers have only 2 since July 1.

The offense you would have to think, and hope, is due for some sort of correction and upswing. It just can't stay this way. We may have played above our heads for a while in May and June. In July and August the offense has played below their capabilities. I really do believe it is going to improve soon. Could be today, could be tomorrow, could be early September, but the numbers suggest this level of putrid offensive baseball is not sustainable.
For some reason everyone on the team save Elvis have watched perfectly hittable pitches for called strikes. Can't figure out why. Perhaps they are being told to up the total number of pitches they 'see' in an AB. Other than Roogie the team is listening but getting behind in the count.

Can't figure out guys like Profar and Mazara who get a 8 or more pitch AB and then watch the last one go down the middle or hug the corner for strike 3. Once you battle a pitcher beyond 7 pitches you have to try fouling off the close stuff. Basic stuff like our childhood coaches taught us...protect the plate with 2 strikes.