• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Football 2016, Oregon at Nebraska

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you were listening to an Oregon sports show then they were probably trying to pump Nebraska up so that it looks like a quality win.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you were listening to an Oregon sports show then they were probably trying to pump Nebraska up so that it looks like a quality win.

I'm bored. Gonna do a comprehensive overview from a recruiting rankings perspective for each teams presumed depth chart and compare. Stay tuned.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already looked and compared that exact thing the last couple years, but never hashed it out on paper. Nebraska generally has better talent. Especially at OL.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
247 Composite Rankings

OREGON QB's -

Dakota Prukop, SR (Montana St. transfer) NR
Jeff Lockie, SR, #23 Dual threat, 3 Star.
Travis jonsen, SO, #4 Dual threat, 4 Star.

Nebraska QB's -
Tommy Armstrong, SR, #6 Dual threat, 4 Star.
Ryker Fyfe, SR, Not Ranked.
Patrick O'Brien, FR, #11 Pro Style, 4 Star.

Oregon RB's -
Royce Freeman, JR, #6 RB, 4 Star.
Kani Benoit, JR, #75 RB, 3 star.

Nebraska RB's-
Terrell Newby, SR, #11 RB, 4 Star.
Devine Ozigbo, SO, #56 RB, 3 Star.
Mikale Wilbon, SO, #21 RB, 3 Star.

Oregon WR's-
Darren Carrington, JR, #26 WR, 4 Star.
Dwayne Stanford, SR, #43 WR, 4 Star.
Charles Nelson, JR, #42 ATH, 3 Star.
Devon Allen, SR, #36 WR, 4 Star.

Nebraska WR's -
Jordan Westerkamp, SR, #37 WR, 4 Star.
Alonzo Moore, SR, #49 WR, 3 Star.
Stanley Morgan JR, #51 WR, 3 Star. (Let's be honest, he's a 5 star talent)
Brandon Reilly, SR, NR

Oregon TE's -
Pharoah Brown, SR, #11 DE, 4 Star.
Evan Baylis, SR, #7 TE, 4 Star.

Nebraska TE's -
Cethan Carter - SR, #28 TE, 3 Star.
Sam Cotton - SR, #64 TE, 3 Star.

Oregon OL -

LT -
Tyrell Crosby, #32 OT, 3 Star.
Brady Aiello, SO, #43 OT, 3 Star.

LG -
Jake Pisarcik, SR, #96 OG, 3 Star.
Shane Lemieux, SO, #32 OG, 3 Star.

C -
Jake Hanson, SO, #72 OT, 3 Star.
Zach Okun, SO, #14 OG, 4 Star.

RG -
Cameron Hunt, SR, #19 OT, 4 Star.
Doug Brenner, SR, #18 C, 3 Star.

RT -
Calvin Throckmorton, SO, #58 OT, 3 Star.

Nebraska OL -

LT -
Nick Gates, SO, #23 OT, 4 Star.
Christian Gaylord, SO, #37 OT, 3 Star.

LG -
Jerald Foster, SO, #26 OG, 3 Star.
Jalin Barnett, RS FR, #8 OG, 4 Star.

C -
Dylan Utter, SR, NR Walk On.
Michael Decker, SO, #47 OG, 3 Star.

RG -
Tanner Farmer, SO, #16 OG, 4 Star.
Corey Whitaker, SR, #105 OT, 3 Star.

RT -
David Knevel, SR, #32 OT, 3 Star.
Matt Farniok, FR, #25 OT, 4 Star.

Might do defense later.

@iruletheskool @Jack_John_Mark @corn train @Footballnut @oaknightshockey1 @huskers1217 @Exorbitant @Red_Alert @gobigred @tometom

Last edited:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon is one of the only teams I've ever seen who can win soley due to confidence.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean they get those 3 stars in there and make them believe they're all 5 stars

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean they get those 3 stars in there and make them believe they're all 5 stars

They just find ways. Their defense was pure trash in 2014, but they just forced turnovers in clutch spots.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"TE strong side, QB roll strong...QB pull up, 5 step drop. TE roll weak side and up the sidelines, LB in tow."

OH yeah...M Riley knows how to beat a quack attack.

Funny you say that because we've seen the QB roll out in practice about 5 million times since he got here.

It works for what Tommy does pretty well.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do wonder if Virginia will be the more quality OOC win for us.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trying to.

Well even if Brady Hoke doesn't shore up that 117th ranked total defense, I guarantee you'll have a good time.

I didn't think it could get worse than our pass defense last year, but I checked. Oregon's was, and they return all of their starters.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Nebraska putting up 50+ easy.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Nebraska putting up 50+ easy.
Well on the radio broadcast there was a counter to each point the writer made.

is Mark Banker still the DC? Yep.

is Langsdorf still the OC? Yep.

is Mike Riley still the HC? Yep.

Has Mike Riley figured out end game time management? Nope.

Your guys' 6-7 season was not some fluke of losing close games. Folks, the people in the state of Oregon have been seeing that type of Mike Riley performance for a decade +. That wasn't some unlucky tough transition year. That was Mike Riley.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your guys' 6-7 season was not some fluke of losing close games. Folks, the people in the state of Oregon have been seeing that type of Mike Riley performance for a decade +. That wasn't some unlucky tough transition year. That was Mike Riley.
eh, i'm going to hold out judgement on that until i see more games. I didn't watch much of OSU football, so how much of it at oregon state was poor management and how much of it was him staying in games with inferior talent but in the end the players being unable to execute and finish against the superior team?

you can blame at least 2 losses arguably 3, on the players, not on the coaching. the BYU hail mary defense was set up well, but poor execution by the players led to a TD pass. The Illinois game was all on a boneheaded play by the QB. The Miami game was luck to even be in it at the end, which goes to the coaches keeping the players in it and the players for fighting back. if not for a boneheaded pass in OT, there would have been a better chance to win it.

The coaches did mismanage the end of the Wiscy game. I'm blanking on how we ended the Northwestern game. Iowa, just poor play all around, tough to know who to call out on that one. more yards than the opponent but lost the TO battle, thus the game. purdue, no clue what to call that, I guess i'd call it the turning point. players finally deciding that hey, maybe we should get with the program and actually listen to our coach.

i think this season will be a much better judge of how good of a coach he is. In my estimation we have superior talent in about 9 games, if he can win those the way he should and be close or win the other 3, I'd be happy for this year. no blowout losses and no loss to a clearly inferior team (Illinois and Purdue last year).

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, i'm going to hold out judgement on that until i see more games. I didn't watch much of OSU football, so how much of it at oregon state was poor management and how much of it was him staying in games with inferior talent but in the end the players being unable to execute and finish against the superior team?

you can blame at least 2 losses arguably 3, on the players, not on the coaching. the BYU hail mary defense was set up well, but poor execution by the players led to a TD pass. The Illinois game was all on a boneheaded play by the QB. The Miami game was luck to even be in it at the end, which goes to the coaches keeping the players in it and the players for fighting back. if not for a boneheaded pass in OT, there would have been a better chance to win it.

The coaches did mismanage the end of the Wiscy game. I'm blanking on how we ended the Northwestern game. Iowa, just poor play all around, tough to know who to call out on that one. more yards than the opponent but lost the TO battle, thus the game. purdue, no clue what to call that, I guess i'd call it the turning point. players finally deciding that hey, maybe we should get with the program and actually listen to our coach.

i think this season will be a much better judge of how good of a coach he is. In my estimation we have superior talent in about 9 games, if he can win those the way he should and be close or win the other 3, I'd be happy for this year. no blowout losses and no loss to a clearly inferior team (Illinois and Purdue last year).

You guys escape some of the big time players in the B1G this year. Just get Ohio State, so your conference schedule sets up nicely for a decent year. However, Riley is good for one upset a year, but also good for losing one game he is suppose to win.

Even with your favorable schedule, I see Nebraska winning 8-9 games this year with Riley at the helm.