• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Food Product/Gadget Reviews

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seventy five bucks for a spatual with a serrated edge
Cutco stuff isn't cheap. You can get something similar from other brands for a lot cheaper. It's just a matter of whether you want to get something higher quality like anything else.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutco stuff isn't cheap. You can get something similar from other brands for a lot cheaper. It's just a matter of whether you want to get something higher quality like anything else.
no i know but geeze, give me a cheap spatula and a knife

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutco knives are heavy, clunky, and poorly balanced utensils. The best thing they have going for them is they hold their edge very well but even by the traditional Western European standards they are excessively heavy and lack the ability to be used with any sort of finesse. Spend less money and get a decent Henckles or Whustoff.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutco knives are heavy, clunky, and poorly balanced utensils. The best thing they have going for them is they hold their edge very well but even by the traditional Western European standards they are excessively heavy and lack the ability to be used with any sort of finesse. Spend less money and get a decent Henckles or Whustoff.
Wusthof makes their own version of it and it's in roughly the same price range. I don't think JA Henckles makes one though. I personally prefer the design of the Cutco one more.

Wusthof Classic Ultimate Sandwich Knife on Sale | Cutlery and More

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wusthof makes their own version of it and it's in roughly the same price range. I don't think JA Henckles makes one though. I personally prefer the design of the Cutco one more.

Wusthof Classic Ultimate Sandwich Knife on Sale | Cutlery and More

We have a set of Wusthof knives (Ikon Classics)...about 5 yrs into them, had them sharpen once, but I don't anticipate buying another knife set.

That sandwich knife...it wouldn't be the most used knife in our kitchen, much less most used utensil...we're mostly cutting...peanut butter sandwiches rule...aside from that, not many sandwiches in the household.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a set of Wusthof knives (Ikon Classics)...about 5 yrs into them, had them sharpen once, but I don't anticipate buying another knife set.

That sandwich knife...it wouldn't be the most used knife in our kitchen, much less most used utensil...we're mostly cutting...peanut butter sandwiches rule...aside from that, not many sandwiches in the household.
I must be the only person who still eats sandwiches and bagels. There is a sandwich in my lunch every day during the week...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must be the only person who still eats sandwiches and bagels. There is a sandwich in my lunch every day during the week...

If I take lunch to work, it's leftover dinner and that's kinda rare. Wife does take her lunch more often, but makes a lot of soups, maybe fruit.

At one time we probably should've had stock in Boars Head with the amount of sandwiches we made from their deli meats, but with kids grown now...not so much anymore.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pizza cutters squish the edge being cut but work well on sandwiches. Cut straight too.

fear and loathing

American Idle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want an instant pot, and an air fryer if people have used those?

The only thing an air fryer is good for is roasting wedge-cut potatoes and cubed eggplant. It's not even close to deep frying.

Also heats up frozen, prepared shit.

disappointing, almost useless (unless you have no real convection oven)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing an air fryer is good for is roasting wedge-cut potatoes and cubed eggplant. It's not even close to deep frying.

Also heats up frozen, prepared shit.

disappointing, almost useless (unless you have no real convection oven)
my sister uses one religiously. I had bought one but it was a cheaper one. Hers was more expensive. REading reviews on them, think u need to pay up AND do your homewokr

she makes pizza, hard boiled eggs, quiche, meats, i can go on, and they all turn out fantastic..i made her make m the eggs and pizza bc i was skeptical.

again think you need to know how to use it, do your research to make sure you get one that works well, and pay up a bit........:2cents:

fear and loathing

American Idle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my sister uses one religiously. I had bought one but it was a cheaper one. Hers was more expensive. REading reviews on them, think u need to pay up AND do your homewokr

she makes pizza, hard boiled eggs, quiche, meats, i can go on, and they all turn out fantastic..i made her make m the eggs and pizza bc i was skeptical.

again think you need to know how to use it, do your research to make sure you get one that works well, and pay up a bit........:2cents:

glad you like it, I do not

fear and loathing

American Idle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, best way to test a thermo... First you dip it in boiling water(212 degrees) then you dip it into ice water(32 degrees)... that's how we were taught in cooking school. :suds:

science history note: Instead of boiling water = 212º, Fahrenheit originally used freshly drawn cow's blood = 100º. Pro'ly easier to just boil water nowadays. He didn't use ice water at 32º, but salt-saturated ice water = 0º.

I'm at a high elevation (3000 ft). Water boils at a few degrees lower up here than at sea level. The air pressure is lower up here, so the water vapors can penetrate the air and escape the pan at a lower temperature.

fear and loathing

American Idle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Breville steamer has made steaming a regular technique for the first time in my kitchen.

image.jpg

It's a Breville "steam zone." Full steam generated within 10-20 seconds.

It's long enough to accommodate king crab legs; eight ears of corn; etc..

It's my go-to for fish, scallops, shrimp: perfect result every time.

The appliance is great for all rices, from wild to long-grained white.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Breville steamer has made steaming a regular technique for the first time in my kitchen.

image.jpg

It's a Breville "steam zone." Full steam generated within 10-20 seconds.

It's long enough to accommodate king crab legs; eight ears of corn; etc..

It's my go-to for fish, scallops, shrimp: perfect result every time.

The appliance is great for all rices, from wild to long-grained white.

Very nice!

We need to start steaming more...we don't have a steamer as nice as this one, but we do have a steamer, mostly used for rice, broccoli, and asparagus.

fear and loathing

American Idle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very nice!

We need to start steaming more...we don't have a steamer as nice as this one, but we do have a steamer, mostly used for rice, broccoli, and asparagus.

That was my experience too, until I got the Breville. It's how I mostly do sea food now.

Steamed a nice plank of Mahi Mahi, almost an inch thick. Eight minutes of steam at the high setting, and it came out perfect: Just salt/peppered it, and squeezed some lemon on the filet, wrapped it in parchment, and pushed the button.

Clean up is easy.