• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Food for Thought - Season Recap

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi all. Just wanted to throw out some random facts about the season. Feel free to do the same.

My money league is a points league, pretty basic scoring, with -1 for a batter strikeout. For pitchers, it's 9 points/Win, -3 points/L, .5(half a point)/IP, 1 point/K, -1/earned run, 4 point/QS and +2 CG and +3 SO. The Fantasy Regular Season has ended, and the playoffs underway, with that, I'd like to tally up the regular season stats with random thoughts.

1. Miguel Cabrera had 100 points more than Adrian Beltre, who had 90 points more than Evan Longoria, who had 80 points more than Ryan Zimmerman, who had 70 more points than Chase Headley.

2. Justin Verlander was the 20th ranked SP... two places behind (5 points) his teammate Anibal Sanchez, and two places in front of (also 5 points) Bartolo Colon.

3. Enough Tigers? Okay, how about Yankees? Do you know the Yankee (not named Cano) with the most points this season? (Cano was 10th among hitters) Yup, Alfonso Soriano! Doesn't count? Next would be Brett Gardner (74th), sandwiched between Nate Schierholtz and Marlon Byrd! How times change.

4. Jonathan Lucroy was 3rd among catchers (just a squeak ahead of Mauer and Santana). In large part due to less than 50 K's, but underrated all the same. 85-100 points better than Sal Perez, Napoli and the Saltys of the world (where he was being drafted).

5. Starlin Castro, who most projected as a top 3 SS, was outscored (by many, but) by his teammate and double play partner, that's right Darwin Barney!

6. Domonic Brown was a top 10 OF this season (300 points). Crazy that CarGo only had 290. What's even crazier is that 11 of Brown's 27 HR came in 15 days!! (May 25th to June 8th) ... buyer beware?

7. Top 5 hitters in August -- Miggy, Beltre, Trout, Cutch, and .... Eric Hosmer?

that's all for now... like I said, feel free to shout out some of your league's stuff, random fantasy baseball recap stuff, or just comment on my facts.

...Happy Playoffs everyone, and for those not in the cut.... on to football gentlemen!