• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers vs Hawks: Game 2 SCF

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen the thread started yet, so here we are. I think we all believe both teams will come out better defensively. And Chicago is going to get a few power plays, so we'll see how the Flyers handle that.

Let's go Flyers!

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen the thread started yet, so here we are. I think we all believe both teams will come out better defensively. And Chicago is going to get a few power plays, so we'll see how the Flyers handle that.

Let's go Flyers!

I agree 100% there. Also we will probably see a more physical game tonight.

Good luck to the Flyers, Hawks and their fans. My feeling is we will see a tight game and maybe even an overtime or two. My gut still tells me the Flyers win a close one tonight and can't wait until they drop the damn puck !!!

I love playoff hockey, The best by far !!

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting the feeling that the Flyers really need this one. 2-0 isn't 3-0, so we've come back from worse, but I get the feeling that Chicago will take one from us at our rink, so we need to steal one here, first.

Flyers have to be good on faceoffs, have to maintain the discipline (and a bit of the luck with the refs) that they had in the first game, but for the love of all things holy, they have to be better defensively. Don't let the Hawks get a ton of easy one timers from the slot. Don't let them possess the puck for minutes at a time in your defensive zone. Also, they have to do a better job on the dump and chase. Chicago figured out how to slow up the Flyers at the line in the third period, and the best way around that is to throw it in deep and let your teammates come in full throttle at the Dmen.

Oh, and Leighton. Try closing the gaping vortex that is your five hole. God that breakaway goal pissed me off.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting the feeling that the Flyers really need this one. 2-0 isn't 3-0, so we've come back from worse, but I get the feeling that Chicago will take one from us at our rink, so we need to steal one here, first.

Flyers have to be good on faceoffs, have to maintain the discipline (and a bit of the luck with the refs) that they had in the first game, but for the love of all things holy, they have to be better defensively. Don't let the Hawks get a ton of easy one timers from the slot. Don't let them possess the puck for minutes at a time in your defensive zone. Also, they have to do a better job on the dump and chase. Chicago figured out how to slow up the Flyers at the line in the third period, and the best way around that is to throw it in deep and let your teammates come in full throttle at the Dmen.

Oh, and Leighton. Try closing the gaping vortex that is your five hole. God that breakaway goal pissed me off.

Good point. Chicago is better than the other teams the Flyers have faced. That's obvious because the deeper you go in the playoffs theoretically the competition gets tougher.

The first game was very entertaining from a fan's standpoint but a coaches nightmare. On both sides.

I still think the Flyers match up well with the Hawks and see this series going six games now (maybe even seven) anyway I think this is going to be a great game tonight. As usual it will come down to goal tending and special teams.

I anticipate a emotional great game tonight. I have no plans for tomorrow so a multiple overtime game is fine with me. Not sure Hawks and Flyers fans agree with that because of the anxiety those game can cause.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, he partially saved it and got an unlucky bounce on that breakaway. But yeah, Chicago was gunning for his 5 hole and it worked. It will be interesting to see if they keep going there tonight and Leighton can respond.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's go Flyers!

Excellent job V!!! Thanks for kickin this bitch off tonight man!!

(SF was/is out hiking in the mountains of Colorado and his 4 wheeler front tie rod broke. He's basically stuck miles out in the wilderness waiting to be rescued by his brother in law....he won't be making his way to a pc anytime soon)

LET'S GO FLYERS!!!!!

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carcillo, Bartulis in.....Parent and JVR are scratches.

I know JVR had a bad game, but c'mon....we need his speed more than we need Carbombs mouth.

Barulis for Parent?? I like it. Parent was exposed badly the first game and Bartulis is one cool customer under fire.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets Go FlyHawks!! It's almost game time. Good luck to the Flyers, Hawks and their fans. BTW in the other topic I was not invited to too many party's tonight.

I guess I'm bad luck. :-(

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets Go FlyHawks!! It's almost game time. Good luck to the Flyers, Hawks and their fans. BTW in the other topic I was not invited to too many party's tonight.

I guess I'm bad luck. :-(

That and the whole I live in MN thing, yeah.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see if the top lines for each squad can do better as well. A combined zero points and minus sixteen between the six players in game one. WAY TO EARN YOUR MONEY, GUYS.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pronger getting testy. On CBC they showed all of the questions he has had to answer about playing against "Big Buff" and he railed a few reporters.

Can't blame him at all, these idiots ask the same questions over and over again.

He basically said how many times do I have to answer that question?

Never thought I would say this but i'm starting to like the guy. Reporters can be idiots at times.

Mintyp69

The one and ONLY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I posted my score thought in another thread, but after saturdays game I'm gonna have to say 3-2 hawks...this is gonna be a tight game...Go Hawks Go!

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many unknowns tonight -

Will either team do any back checking?
Will Philly cover the slot?
Can the first lines for either team get on the scoring sheet?
What will Leighton do?
(aside from some blown calls by the refs) Can Philly stay as disciplined tonight as in game one?
etc...etc

Drop the fucking puck already!!! :D

Let's go Flyers!!!

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rock and Roll, Lock and load it's almost game time !!!!!!!

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do they call it an 8 o'clock game when they drop the puck at 8:25!!!!!!!!