• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Flyers host the Canucks: And in other News 43 hates the flyers

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering he was referred to as one of the worst goalies on earth in this thread, I get the impression you just like to shit on the guy.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mason played very well this game

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun game but still lots of dead weight on the Canucks roster right now.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrison 28:29 TOI (most ever as a Canuck and 7 minutes above his avg under AV)

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrison 28:29 TOI (most ever as a Canuck and 7 minutes above his avg under AV)

On the flip side Weber with only 8:35. Frank Corrado we miss you.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering he was referred to as one of the worst goalies on earth in this thread, I get the impression you just like to shit on the guy.

I thought we already established that was hyperbole.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
That goal confuses me was that a hand pass?
The hockey gods giveth, and the refs taketh away.
Kesler has been found...3-2 Canucks
that shift was ALL Kesler and Higgins. nice to see them rewarded.

concerning that they were trailing going into the 3rd again, and still took nearly 10 minutes for their first shot.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that shift was ALL Kesler and Higgins. nice to see them rewarded.

*Cough* Henrik *cough*

Line came to life when kesler was moved to wing and a real nhl centre was showing the way

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s two games now John Tortorella has peeled the Sedins from each other and generated a comeback in the third period.

Sure, they’re beating crappy teams, but the once forbidden move is proving an effective go-to for Tortorella seven games in, and you have to wonder how long are we from the coach starting games with Daniel and Henrik on separate lines instead of ending them.

He should. Nothing should be off the table this season.

Long held, with good reason, the Sedins are better together, they’ve been playing at such a high level to start this year, I’m not sure that matters anymore.

Against the Flyers, it was Henrik with Ryan Kesler and Chris Higgins on the wing that generated tow third period goals.

Now, that’d be a lot more intriguing if the Canucks were deep enough at centre to experiment with Kesler on the wing more often. But Daniel’s playmaking alongside Kesler could be produce something similar.

Generally this year Kesler, Higgins and Jannik Hansen have been consistent with solid zone time and decent Corsi numbers but have little to show for it, other than their shifts with Henrik.

Four of their combined six goals have been while playing with Henrik. Yes, the captain is doing what he always does, making the players around him more productive and this year Tortorella is willing to share the playmaking wealth.

A line with a Sedin on it has now produced 13 of the Canucks 20 goals this season. Having two of them at times will be better than one.

there used to be a plan to eventually move Kesler to the wing fulltime and play some kid at centre with him ... what was that kids name again??? :L

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s two games now John Tortorella has peeled the Sedins from each other and generated a comeback in the third period.

Sure, they’re beating crappy teams, but the once forbidden move is proving an effective go-to for Tortorella seven games in, and you have to wonder how long are we from the coach starting games with Daniel and Henrik on separate lines instead of ending them.

He should. Nothing should be off the table this season.

Long held, with good reason, the Sedins are better together, they’ve been playing at such a high level to start this year, I’m not sure that matters anymore.

Against the Flyers, it was Henrik with Ryan Kesler and Chris Higgins on the wing that generated tow third period goals.

Now, that’d be a lot more intriguing if the Canucks were deep enough at centre to experiment with Kesler on the wing more often. But Daniel’s playmaking alongside Kesler could be produce something similar.

Generally this year Kesler, Higgins and Jannik Hansen have been consistent with solid zone time and decent Corsi numbers but have little to show for it, other than their shifts with Henrik.

Four of their combined six goals have been while playing with Henrik. Yes, the captain is doing what he always does, making the players around him more productive and this year Tortorella is willing to share the playmaking wealth.

A line with a Sedin on it has now produced 13 of the Canucks 20 goals this season. Having two of them at times will be better than one.

there used to be a plan to eventually move Kesler to the wing fulltime and play some kid at centre with him ... what was that kids name again??? :L

:pout:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Hey look at the bright side - you have your goalie finally..

lol, just because i defended him doesn't mean 'hes the goalie'.. lets be honest, the first time he lets up 6 goals philadelphia will shit on his front porch and burn a middle finger in to his drive way.. then we'll see how good he REALLY is

^i'm allowed to say it, you're not :whistle:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, just because i defended him doesn't mean 'hes the goalie'.. lets be honest, the first time he lets up 6 goals philadelphia will shit on his front porch and burn a middle finger in to his drive way.. then we'll see how good he REALLY is

^i'm allowed to say it, you're not :whistle:

Well, not anymore. :suds: