• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers Fan Mumbles and Grumbles

Status
Not open for further replies.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious how people would feel about Homer had he landed Webber? I thought there was no chance of the Preds matching.. Homer probably was thinking like I was. No plan B.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just curious, what about last season did you think was so horrible?

just to get all the new guys up to speed, i hated chris pronger, mostly because of what the trade and his extension have cost the flyers. the trade for him was lupul (legit top 6 winger), sbisa (1st round pick), and two 1st round picks. in the cap era, you HAVE to have guys on ELC's or second contracts (ie giroux) if you want to win the cup. the loss of those 3 first round picks decimated the flyers already weak farm system, and it continues to haunt them.

the extension was beyond stupid. salary cap wise, his injury was a blessing. i feel bad for the guy, and really hope he does fully recover and lives a normal life from here on out, but if he had stayed relatively healthy and retired a couple years later, the flyers would be fully on the hook for 5 mil/season until he turned 42. and every offseason, it still hurts. they are forced to move salary before the season starts because of it. a d-corp of timonen, schenn, coburn, streit, meszaros, and grossmann would be a top 5 d-unit int he entire league. but they can't have that because of the pronger extension.

on the ice, offensively he was a beast, and leadership wise there was nobody better. but i didn't think he was anything special defensively while he was on the flyers. i thought he was slow and far from the dominating physical presence that i expected. for the trade and contract to be worth it, his defensive game needed to be better, and he needed to bleed more opponents.

that's awaz's stance on pronger. i promise you will not win an argument with me on any of the above, just about everyone on here has tried :)

plus, it's time to discuss the future! where the flyers kick the pens' ass up and down the street next year :suds:

Heh! Well, you still haven't changed my mind yet on this topic.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the deal worked out well in the short term but continues to haunt them in the long term. Keep in mind that it's nearly a $5 million cap hit that will continue until 2017 (4 more full seasons). Also, being within a hair of the franchise's 1st Cup since '75 is what made him offer Bryzgalov that ridiculous deal. Like I said, I think they got good results in the short term but I don't think it was worth it when you consider the long term ramifications of the deal.

It's not really a cap hit, though, as long as they put him on LTIR.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the flyers have 0 patience, so in that regard, they absolutely think like the majority of fans.

though, i'm very impressed by the restraint homer has had this summer.

I agree, he's done a good job this offseason.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious how people would feel about Homer had he landed Webber? I thought there was no chance of the Preds matching.. Homer probably was thinking like I was. No plan B.

Getting Weber could've changed everything last season, but you're right, there was no plan B so once the Preds matched, the Flyers were completely S.O.O.L..

Colonel_Forbin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly believe Homer's best move in awhile was getting Hextall. He did wonders with the LA Kings farm system and hiring him seems like Homer wants to start building within.

I agree the Pronger deal hurts but no one could have foreseen this scenario to play out, so I cant blame that on him. Regardless of whether his skill was declining he still would of been a key piece in any sustained playoff run.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly believe Homer's best move in awhile was getting Hextall. He did wonders with the LA Kings farm system and hiring him seems like Homer wants to start building within.

I agree the Pronger deal hurts but no one could have foreseen this scenario to play out, so I cant blame that on him. Regardless of whether his skill was declining he still would of been a key piece in any sustained playoff run.

you sir, are welcome to stay for as long as you'd like :yahoo:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We went to the cup in 2010 and at this point we are a team that can challenge for the cup year in and year out. Id say Homer has done a pretty good job.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We went to the cup in 2010 and at this point we are a team that can challenge for the cup year in and year out. Id say Homer has done a pretty good job.

:nod:

i just really want college football and hockey to start up again. i say we just put in a 1 month skip tonight so it's august 19th when we wake up tomorrow.. which also puts me at the beach :cool2:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod:

i just really want college football and hockey to start up again. i say we just put in a 1 month skip tonight so it's august 19th when we wake up tomorrow.. which also puts me at the beach :cool2:

Man that would be awesome no hockey football and basketball makes for a very boring sports season. Plus it's hot as hell out there.We need some rain!!!!! :gaah:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man that would be awesome no hockey football and basketball makes for a very boring sports season. Plus it's hot as hell out there.We need some rain!!!!! :gaah:

I used to love MLB for the longest time, and I still watch it occasionally. However, it's brutal to watch an entire baseball season. This is my list of favorite sports to watch. Flyers hockey, Buckeye football and basketball and Cuse basketball, and Eagles football. This is a long boring stretch we are going through. The only thing exciting these days is training camp and CFB season coming up. On another note, Fuck the Wolverines and the Tide. This is the Buckeyes year! :yahoo:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to love MLB for the longest time, and I still watch it occasionally. However, it's brutal to watch an entire baseball season. This is my list of favorite sports to watch. Flyers hockey, Buckeye football and basketball and Cuse basketball, and Eagles football. This is a long boring stretch we are going through. The only thing exciting these days is training camp and CFB season coming up. On another note, Fuck the Wolverines and the Tide. This is the Buckeyes year! :yahoo:

my order goes NHL by far the best watching sport, NFL only on TV if you go to a game its 5 seconds of action 45 seconds of huddle ,NBA Lakers imparticular love to root against the heat and Knicks. MLB only in the mid summer nothing else on ,NCAA only the SEC because by far and away the closest thing to watching the pros (i know your going to hate that SEC comment) and college hoops but not as much since all of the good players come out early.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Flyers Hockey
2. Hokie football
3. Any other NHL game
4. USA Soccer
5. Pirates Baseball
6. Any other college football game
7. Sounders soccer
8. EPL Soccer
9. Other MLS games

4827. Paint drying

3423560867. Pulling off my own toe nails
3423560868. NBA

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Flyers Hockey
2. Hokie football
3. Any other NHL game
4. USA Soccer
5. Pirates Baseball
6. Any other college football game
7. Sounders soccer
8. EPL Soccer
9. Other MLS games

4827. Paint drying

3423560867. Pulling off my own toe nails
3423560868. NBA

2 different soccers in front of paint drying no way :laugh3: :lol:

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd rather watch the Sounders over EPL? Wow lol.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJG check out Jagr's twitter account i heard he changed his backround to a Flyers game crowd.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What the fucking fuck?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd rather watch the Sounders over EPL? Wow lol.

i root for the sounders because i've been to a game and they have a really fun crowd.. EPL i just dont have a team to root for.. that may change this year as i may try to follow it a little closer

Status
Not open for further replies.