• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Florida State vs. Ohio State in the BCS National Championship Game

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked LSU v. tOSU in my local pool.

tOSU still has a shot but I just don't think it's in the stars this year.

I never count Urban Meyer out though...

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being one of the Top 15 teams in the country .... and being ranked in the Top 15 in a poll are two different things. It's really not hard to understand.

It is not difficult to understand. One opinion (fans) is irrelevant and the Polls are what matter.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not difficult to understand. One opinion (fans) is irrelevant and the Polls are what matter.

If opinions are irrelevant and don't matter ... then why do you share so many of them on this forum?

Don't be an ass. Either have a discussion or don't. Either agree or disagree. But posting shit like that is just dumb when we're having a discussion on a website that is 99.9% opinion.

Anyone who tells me I have to believe OU is a Top 10 team ... just because that is where they are currently ranked in the polls .. is a complete and utter artard.

Last edited by a moderator:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If opinions are irrelevant and don't matter ... then why do you share so many of them on this forum?

Don't be an ass. Either have a discussion or don't. Either agree or disagree. But posting shit like that is just dumb when we're having a discussion on a website that is 99.9% opinion.

Anyone who tells me I have to believe OU is a Top 10 team ... just because that is where they are currently ranked in the polls .. is a complete and utter artard.

You are misunderstanding what I mean by that. The BCS System is what decides who is where throughout the year. Whether you or I think it is correct. Our opinions do not matter because we are not part of the computers, coaches polls, or harris poll in deciding which team is ranked where. Our opinions only matter to those on message forums that share the same view points or have different ones.

You do not have to believe that OU is a top 10 team, but what you or I believe in that matter is irrelevant in the BCS formula and system. This is my entire point.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we even arguing this...

Shouldn't this be about FSU vs OSU (DO NOT WANT)...

Jameis would have about 500 yards passing... at halftime...

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there should be no issue with what I've stated. I never claimed Wisconsin was ranked in the Top 15. I simply said I felt they were a Top 15 team who could easily end in the Top 15 at years end.

I said IF that happens ... Ohio State would have played 2 Top 15 teams, which is on par with everyone else outside of Alabama. Hence, the schedule argument being overplayed.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we even arguing this...

Shouldn't this be about FSU vs OSU (DO NOT WANT)...

Jameis would have about 500 yards passing... at halftime...

Trying to figure that out myself. Oh well.

If it ends up being FSU and OSU I will be having a party with a shitload of OSU fans in my house. Hope it turns out like the last time I had a party for a bowl game against ND.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there should be no issue with what I've stated. I never claimed Wisconsin was ranked in the Top 15. I simply said I felt they were a Top 15 team who could easily end in the Top 15 at years end.

I said IF that happens ... Ohio State would have played 2 Top 15 teams, which is on par with everyone else outside of Alabama. Hence, the schedule argument being overplayed.

Meh, the B1G needs to go on a tear in consecutive bowl seasons before we'll get any respect... I don't think the B1G is the steaming pile of shit that a lot of people do, but we're not going to garner any respect if we lose more often than not when we step out of conference...

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to figure that out myself. Oh well.

If it ends up being FSU and OSU I will be having a party with a shitload of OSU fans in my house. Hope it turns out like the last time I had a party for a bowl game against ND.

My buddy is a huge FSU fan... and I'd be at his house...

I am happy for him... He lived through the "Ricks decade" whatever that means...

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, the B1G needs to go on a tear in consecutive bowl seasons before we'll get any respect... I don't think the B1G is the steaming pile of shit that a lot of people do, but we're not going to garner any respect if we lose more often than not when we step out of conference...

Agreed.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My buddy is a huge FSU fan... and I'd be at his house...

I am happy for him... He lived through the "Ricks decade" whatever that means...

Never heard of the Ricks decade. He has to be talking about the Jeff Bowden years after Mark Richt left for UGA.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Ricks or something? Qb?
Chris Rix. The flipping fool. Take a look.

He did this stupid kind of shit EVERY GAME!!! 99% of it were epic failures.

Last edited by a moderator:

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he was a hard core fan during the down years. He rattled off like 5 terrible qbs you guys had like back to back.

I was sold on Jameis before he was. Saw it the second game he played in. Told hi y'all had something special in Winston. He was still reserved until the Clemson game.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he was a hard core fan during the down years. He rattled off like 5 terrible qbs you guys had like back to back.

I was sold on Jameis before he was. Saw it the second game he played in. Told hi y'all had something special in Winston. He was still reserved until the Clemson game.

2 Mr. Florida's one right after the other that were epic failures. Rix, Drew Weatherford, Xavier Lee, Wyatt Sexton(went nuts due to having Lyme Disease). We had 4 horrible ones that all should have been much better than they were.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup those were the names he listed lol. He was telling me every year during the Rix years that he thought for SURE someone better than him would take his job but nope.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup those were the names he listed lol. He was telling me every year during the Rix years that he thought for SURE someone better than him would take his job but nope.

Those were all failures due to the QB coach/OC Jeff Bowden(Bobby's Son). We had top 10 recruiting classes almost every year and were absolutely pathetic with him as the OC. Had two back to back #1 RBs too who ended up doing nothing.

It took 7 years of shit before Bobby would fire his son. That and a lot of pressure from the Boosters and University.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you feel about how Bobby was pushed out?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you feel about how Bobby was pushed out?

Understand it, but did not like it. He wanted the 1 year left on his contract and they were willing to give it to him, but only if he was HC in name only. No responsibilities and the staff make up was not up to him. Give the man who was there that long and BUILT the program the 1 year. But again the Boosters had seen enough. It started going downhill when he got Mickey Andrews the long time DC to stay on after he retired once due to him having to raise his grandchildren. Mickey did not have the focus to stay on, but he did it as a favor to Bobby.