• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Florida State vs. Ohio State in the BCS National Championship Game

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stranger things have happened. Heck, everybody could take a loss and you could end up with no undefeated teams. Remaining schedules of the likely top 6 in the BCS Rankings:

Alabama (8-0): LSU, @Miss State, cupcake, @Auburn, SEC CG (Mizzou/South Carolina/Georgia?)
Baylor (8-0): Texas Tech (at Dallas Cowboys Stadium), @Oklahoma State, @TCU, Texas
FSU (8-0): @WF, Syracuse, Idaho, @Florida in the Swamp, ACC CG (Miami/VT?)
Ohio State (9-0): @Illinois, Indiana, @Michigan, B1G CG (Mich State/Nebraska?)

Stanford (8-1): @Southern Cal, Cal, Notre Dame, PAC CG (Arizona State/Southern Cal/UCLA/Arizona?)
Oregon (8-1): Utah, @Arizona, Oregon State, PAC CG?

2014-BCS-Champion-odds-predictions-300x286.jpg

sugarplummer_424x400.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

chris_spielman_1981_10_03.jpg

675131330.jpg

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State is going to get plundered if they somehow make the NCG

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have to play the game, however, everyone outside the state of Ohio will consider FSU a heavy favorite. Florida was a heavy favorite last year against Louisville and lost; so stranger things could happen. We really don't know how good a team Ohio State has become due to such a weak schedule....and as stated before, not their fault. If not the NC game, Ohio State will play in the Rose Bowl; probably against Stanford which is a pretty good team so this year Ohio State will have to prove themselves; unlike last year.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have to play the game, however, everyone outside the state of Ohio will consider FSU a heavy favorite. Florida was a heavy favorite last year against Louisville and lost; so stranger things could happen. We really don't know how good a team Ohio State has become due to such a weak schedule....and as stated before, not their fault. If not the NC game, Ohio State will play in the Rose Bowl; probably against Stanford which is a pretty good team so this year Ohio State will have to prove themselves; unlike last year.

This whole schedule thing is being over played. Ohio State beat Wisconsin ... a legit Top 15 team. If Ohio State beats MSU ... that's another Top 15 team.

Can you name more than 2 legit Top 15 teams that FSU would have played over the season?

Is the schedule weak ... sure. But is it ghastly weaker than the other contenders? No ... not at all. The only team that will have MORE Top 15 wins compared to the other contenders will be Alabama. The rest are on par ...

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole schedule thing is being over played. Ohio State beat Wisconsin ... a legit Top 15 team. If Ohio State beats MSU ... that's another Top 15 team.

Can you name more than 2 legit Top 15 teams that FSU would have played over the season?

Is the schedule weak ... sure. But is it ghastly weaker than the other contenders? No ... not at all. The only team that will have MORE Top 15 wins compared to the other contenders will be Alabama. The rest are on par ...

Wait. Wisconsin was NOT top 15 when you played them and they are not currently top 15. So where do you get that?

MSU could be top 15 and would deserve it because they finally found their offense.

To the bold. It seems that the BCS, AP, and Coaches poll all think that Clemson and Miami are legit top 15 team. 1 being top 10.

Now here comes the well they were not really top 15 material BS.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm basing Wisconsin as Top 15 via my own brain. I'm not the only one ... many posters here have Wisconsin in their Top 15. Wisconsin's schedule from here out is easy peazy ... with plenty of teams ahead of them having potential losses on the horizon. Wisconsin could very easily finish Top 15.

And I never argued FSU didn't played Top 15 teams . In fact, I'm pretty sure I said they were on par. Which would mean I'm succeeding that FSU will have beaten 2 Top 15 teams. (Miami and Clemson).

You're being too defensive ...

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait. Wisconsin was NOT top 15 when you played them and they are not currently top 15. So where do you get that?

MSU could be top 15 and would deserve it because they finally found their offense.

To the bold. It seems that the BCS, AP, and Coaches poll all think that Clemson and Miami are legit top 15 team. 1 being top 10.

Now here comes the well they were not really top 15 material BS.

Wisconsin will finish at least in the top 15, and if not for the referee bullshit, they'd be a current top 10. They have an elite running game (as usual), and a very solid defense. What has Miami done to make anyone believe they're better? Hell we watched Miami need two last second TDs in back-to-back weeks against 2 very bad teams to escape, and they've beaten nobody.

In the end, Wisconsin will be top 15, Michigan State will be top 15, and I'd even have to imagine a 9-3 Michigan team will also be ranked somewhere between 20-25. That's 3 ranked wins before bowl season. Go back to last year and I bet you'd be rather surprised to learn that not many top 10 teams could say that, so what's the big deal?

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who gives a crap about strength of schedule

give Ohio State Florida State's schedule and tell which games they wouldn't be favored
give Florida State Ohio State's schedule and tell me the games they wouldn't be favored

FSU is getting back to elite status finally and it makes me happy

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin will finish at least in the top 15, and if not for the referee bullshit, they'd be a current top 10. They have an elite running game (as usual), and a very solid defense. What has Miami done to make anyone believe they're better? Hell we watched Miami need two last second TDs in back-to-back weeks against 2 very bad teams to escape, and they've beaten nobody.

In the end, Wisconsin will be top 15, Michigan State will be top 15, and I'd even have to imagine a 9-3 Michigan team will also be ranked somewhere between 20-25. That's 3 ranked wins before bowl season. Go back to last year and I bet you'd be rather surprised to learn that not many top 10 teams could say that, so what's the big deal?

Read my post where I said that the AP, Coaches, and BCS all think that Miami is a top 15 team. It is not ME saying they are top 15 now is it? I am reciting what the SYSTEM is saying who is where. Also please note the last sentence I posted because it is exactly what you are doing.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm basing Wisconsin as Top 15 via my own brain. I'm not the only one ... many posters here have Wisconsin in their Top 15. Wisconsin's schedule from here out is easy peazy ... with plenty of teams ahead of them having potential losses on the horizon. Wisconsin could very easily finish Top 15.

And I never argued FSU didn't played Top 15 teams . In fact, I'm pretty sure I said they were on par. Which would mean I'm succeeding that FSU will have beaten 2 Top 15 teams. (Miami and Clemson).

You're being too defensive ...

Well your brain and others on this board have no say as to what teams are where. So again you, I, and everyone else can only go by what the SYSTEM says. Anything else is speculation and irrelevant.

Now do I think that Wisconsin is a good team? Yes I do. Does that mean that they ARE a top 15 team? Not is any way, shape, or form. That is the polls and computers job whether you, me, or anyone else likes it or not.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give Ohio State Florida State's schedule and tell which games they wouldn't be favored
give Florida State Ohio State's schedule and tell me the games they wouldn't be favored

Clemson vs Ohio State would be a good one. not sure who would be favored at a neutral site. probably Clemson?

As for Florida State vs Wisconsin, Florida State would be favored of course

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They beat Florida, which, whether you admit it or not, is a better win than any win Ohio State has currently. Florida, when healthy, is absolutely RAW on defense. No B1G team would score over 14 against a healthy Florida.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They beat Florida, which, whether you admit it or not, is a better win than any win Ohio State has currently. Florida, when healthy, is absolutely RAW on defense. No B1G team would score over 14 against a healthy Florida.

:laugh3:

Wisconsin would pound Florida with their running game and Florida's offense is one of the worst in the nation. You aaying Florida is better than any B1G team other than tOSU so extreme SEC bias. Come out of your shell

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida? Really? I mean I think fsu houses OSU but to claim Florida as a good win?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin was NEVER a top 15 team
Wisconsin is CURRENTLY not a top 15 team
Wisconsin might get to the top 15, maybe.

Florida State played two teams that WERE in the top 10.
And they still are in the top 15 today.

I don't understand the posting.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin was NEVER a top 15 team
Wisconsin is CURRENTLY not a top 15 team
Wisconsin might get to the top 15, maybe.

Florida State played two teams that WERE in the top 10.
And they still are in the top 15 today.

I don't understand the posting.

Being one of the Top 15 teams in the country .... and being ranked in the Top 15 in a poll are two different things. It's really not hard to understand.