• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Florida/LSU Cancelled

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida Doesn't have the balls or character to donate $50,000 to flood victims like FSU and Miami are planning to do with their proceeds.

Shouldn't you wait until the bodies grow cold before making a complete ass of yourself?

UF will make a donation, rest assured. The whole event is barely over and already you're trying to pretend UF won't do anything to help because as of Friday night it had not already announced a contribution.

Osceola63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I own insurance agencies and my agency in Jacksonville serves close to 2000 customers.

As of right now we have had 0 phone calls for claims. I'm sure there will be some claims in the coming days but the Jax area dodged a big bullet with this storm.

There is damage along the coastline but things could have been much, much worse.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aww bless your heart you win1 game in 11 years and you feel the need to interrupt an A B coversation... my suggestion dearest is to C your self right out... tyvm

LOL at you thinking you had any impact with Florida's past wins over Tennessee. Also if any team has ever had a four leaf clover, it has been Florida. Florida got lucky against Tennessee in 2014 and 2015.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet ND-NC State are playing?

:L

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was this game cancelled for no reason? They should have pushed it back to 730 taken the SEC Network 730 slot from Georgia/South Car

allow LSU time to fly in today

EllisHugh

Hoopla Cash
$ 481.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was this game cancelled for no reason? They should have pushed it back to 730 taken the SEC Network 730 slot from Georgia/South Car

So many things that could have happened. It's a shame.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The weather today for the previously scheduled Florida-LSU game:

https://weather.com/weather/today/l/USFL0163:1:US

GettyImages-613180394_xul7ty.jpg

Florida players’ families in the path of Hurricane Matthew are really sorry about your football game

It does not appear Hurricane Matthew will deliver as vicious a blow to Florida as many feared when it was a Category 4 death machine having already ripped through Haiti. That it was downgraded Friday morning to a Category 3, that it hugged the coastline and hovered over water instead of making a devastating landfall, is cause for great relief and thanksgiving.

It is not ammunition for second-guessing and finger-pointing about the postponed Florida-LSU football game. Some in Baton Rouge, who seem bent on painting the Gators as cowardly villains in this story, and Knoxville, where Tennessee’s coach thought first about how a washout would impact the SEC East race, might be surprised to learn that Rick Wells Sr. hadn’t heard a word of all this ridiculous sniping.

“To be honest with you, I haven’t even paid it any attention,” said the father of the freshman Florida wide receiver by the same name. Because, pardon him, he was boarding up his home in Jacksonville and heading for a friend’s place in a safer part of town. “Football is football and life is life. It’s a lot going on here in Florida to be worried about a football game.”

He was grateful – “absolutely glad” – that the Gators aren’t playing this weekend. He couldn’t imagine the more than 50 players on their roster whose hometowns were in the projected path of the storm, having to prepare to play as their families stared down a hurricane some feared would be the worst since hammering Hugo in 1989.

Half a million people were asked this week to evacuate Jacksonville alone, home to eight Gators. And while it now appears the devastation and death toll will be far smaller than worst-case projections, many were still hit plenty hard by Matthew.

As of late Friday afternoon, about a million people in the state had lost power, a heavy storm surge had flooded roads and buildings along the coast, trees had fallen on homes and winds in excess of 100 miles per hour had battered buildings – dismantling one hotel in Daytona Beach.

That’s where Jachai Polite, a freshman defensive lineman for the Gators, is from. His mother and grandmother refused to evacuate.

“He’s worried,” said Polite’s uncle, Fred Nolan, shortly before the worst of the storm hit Daytona on Friday. “It’s going to weigh on his mind.”

Wait, you mean he’s not thinking about what a break Florida caught by not having to play LSU this weekend?

“When people say stuff like that, that just shows how ignorant they are. That’s the maddening part about it,” Nolan said. “There’s kids on that team whose people are from these places that are getting hit. That’s a real concern; it’s not fake. It’s real. It’s here.

“It’s not like somebody’s trying to duck out of a game. It’s safety first. It’s not about football. You would be doing the kids a disservice if you’re thinking about football right now.”

Or if you’re gloating, LSU or Tennessee or media members, because this storm doesn’t look like it will be so bad after all – or because the weather in Gainesville this weekend is expected to be just fine. That’s really missing several key points about logistics and the Gators’ home city being an evacuation site and that pesky problem of not being able to predict the future.

It’s also missing a heart.

“You think they don’t want to play?” Nolan said. “I know they want to play. I know I want to see Florida and LSU. But it’s right they don’t have to play. It’s good they don’t have to play. Under these circumstances, not knowing what was coming, what the backlash of this storm would be, they did what was best.”

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't you wait until the bodies grow cold before making a complete ass of yourself?

UF will make a donation, rest assured. The whole event is barely over and already you're trying to pretend UF won't do anything to help because as of Friday night it had not already announced a contribution.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Playing it this weekend does not work. Just do what they've done before....reschedule it for the first weekend of December.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing it this weekend does not work. Just do what they've done before....reschedule it for the first weekend of December.

I agree. First week of December

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I still have friends in Gainesville and they're in various hospitality jobs. Every hotel is packed out - lots of boosters kindly canceled their reservations for hotel rooms so evacuees could have a place to go - students have their families with them in apartments, roads are taken out up and down the coast (Flagler Beach is so bad, omg), all the cops and EMTs are coordinating clean up and making sure affected areas are safe, food deliveries are disrupted all over the coast, a million and one things.

While I wish we could have played this game this weekend (I was thinking Sunday might be a nice compromise, until I saw the mess all over the coast, and heard that power was still out in parts of Gville today), but sometimes life intervenes.

I think first week in December would be good. Tiring for our players, but a good compromise all the same.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I still have friends in Gainesville and they're in various hospitality jobs. Every hotel is packed out - lots of boosters kindly canceled their reservations for hotel rooms so evacuees could have a place to go - students have their families with them in apartments, roads are taken out up and down the coast (Flagler Beach is so bad, omg), all the cops and EMTs are coordinating clean up and making sure affected areas are safe, food deliveries are disrupted all over the coast, a million and one things.

While I wish we could have played this game this weekend (I was thinking Sunday might be a nice compromise, until I saw the mess all over the coast, and heard that power was still out in parts of Gville today), but sometimes life intervenes.

I think first week in December would be good. Tiring for our players, but a good compromise all the same.

You mean the same weekend as the SEC Championship/ College Playoff Selection?

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the same weekend as the SEC Championship/ College Playoff Selection?

No, we mean that can simply be pushed back a week as has been done before.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Push all of the college football bowl selection back for that game?

It would only be a few bowl games that would be affected at all....generally those would get UF or LSU or Tennessee which isn't going to make a huge difference to those bowls because they'd be getting a big dog program with lots of fans either way.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would only be a few bowl games that would be affected at all....generally those would get UF or LSU or Tennessee which isn't going to make a huge difference to those bowls because they'd be getting a big dog program with lots of fans either way.
I don't understand how the playoff committee would be able to select teams not knowing who won the SEC championship? Or are you saying we move everything in college football back 1 week?