• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Florida/LSU Cancelled

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The committee can wait a week. Its not going to hurt anybody.

Even if both teams are out of the running for the SECC game, this game needs to be played.

Agreed. I also saw go ahead and cancel the Georgia-USC game as well. Safety is more important.

stabnburn

Moderately-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now it's not just the SECCG but the playoffs pushed back a week? Dr you've lost it my man.
Why would the playoffs get pushed back a week? Are you under the impression that there aren't a few weeks between the CCG weekend and the semifinals? The teams on the cusp would have plenty of time to prepare, especially considering the fact that they'd still be preparing for a bowl game anyway. Pushing the SECCG back a week would literally affect nothing.

The best option would be for LSU to just play the game tomorrow as scheduled. It could have even been pushed back to 3:30 or later.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a pic of the hurricane damage in Gainsville....

damage22_zpsf95bec4d.jpg

Stay Strong...you WILL rebuild...

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best scenario to keep it in Gainesville is to move up the Georgia game and have UF play LSU on their bye

That doesn't make sense. It requires a lot of reshuffling on short notice. Just play it the first week of December.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now it's not just the SECCG but the playoffs pushed back a week? Dr you've lost it my man.

Who said anything about pushing back the playoffs a week?

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking forward to watching this game early Saturday morning before the SECCG. Going to be a great opening game.

Exactamundo!

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard from big time booster sources that the real reason Florida canceled the game is because McElwain didn't want to shake hands with Coach O after the game with his dragon breath.

Florida wants to play the game after LSU plays Alabama, as LSU will fire Coach O mid-season for being yet another LSU coach who can't beat Alabama. LSU fans will demand it, and Alleva follows through to appease them in an attempt to keep his job another year.

Florida didn't postpone the game. Florida wanted to play it as scheduled - LSU didn't.

stabnburn

Moderately-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida didn't postpone the game. Florida wanted to play it as scheduled - LSU didn't.
Is it even feasible at this point for the powers-that-be to just say, "You know what? This storm won't even affect the game. Let's do it tomorrow"? That would make me very happy. I've been looking forward to this game.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Deathroll welcome to the meltdown!

Oh I've seen it firsthand. It's hilarious. Know what's going to be even funnier?

When we post all the pics of the Swamp with very playable weather tomorrow and with the Purple Pusdies nowhere in sight. :pound:

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if both teams are out of the running for the SECC game, this game needs to be played.
Why? For the revenue only? To have one team reach bowl eligibility? Just wondering what your reasoning is for playing it even if both have no chance at the playoff or SEC east/west champ game.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU offered to play Saturday, Sunday, or Monday. UF declined....

False. UF wanted to play Saturday in the Swamp AS SCHEDULED. LSU did not want to play the game when and where it was scheduled.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it even feasible at this point for the powers-that-be to just say, "You know what? This storm won't even affect the game. Let's do it tomorrow"? That would make me very happy. I've been looking forward to this game.

The Purple Pussies could sack up, get on a plane and go play as scheduled.......ie of course it won't happen. They want an extra home game or they're chickenimg out.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? For the revenue only? To have one team reach bowl eligibility? Just wondering what your reasoning is for playing it even if both have no chance at the playoff or SEC east/west champ game.

Both for revenue - which is important, AND because it's an exciting game that should be played every year.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Purple Pussies could sack up, get on a plane and go play as scheduled.......ie of course it won't happen. They want an extra home game or they're chickenimg out.

Dude, you do realize that there is a Cat 3 Hurricane wrecking havoc on Florida right now...yes? Pretty sure the schools are looking out for the safety of players, students and fans.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you do realize that there is a Cat 3 Hurricane wrecking havoc on Florida right now...yes? Pretty sure the schools are looking out for the safety of players, students and fans.

Not Gainesville and fsu and Miami are still gonna play. Why can't LSU just show up and play? Why are they alone such special snowflakes?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both for revenue - which is important, AND because it's an exciting game that should be played every year.
If for revenue only, why can't the SEC office just write Florida a check for the lost revenue. I thought the conference had more money than God!

If it s a game that determines the east/west champ, or might qualify one for a New Year's six bowl, then I fully understand the reason for playing it at all costs. If both are going to one of the silly bowls, I don't see the point.