• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Florida/LSU Cancelled

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida should have went to LSU. The SEC should overrule the UF President. Tell him to go on the road or go join the ACC. We will take FSU over them.

Bullshit.....though gosh, why am I not surprised the Vol wants UF to play on the road for the 3rd week in a row and give up a home game to LSU? Shocking!

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit.....though gosh, why am I not surprised the Vol
wants UF to play on the road for the 3rd week in a row and give up a home game to LSU? Shocking!

SEC fucked Tennessee by giving us Florida, Georgia, Texas A&M, and Alabama in a roll. Frankly I think Tennessee should demand that either Florida or Georgia be moved to November. No way we should play them at the start of our season. This is one of the reason we have stunk for so long, they front load or schedule and don't allow us time to develop as a team.

Also, you should not force LSU out of South Alabama, that is not fair to South Alabama and cuts down the season. Frankly with our conference's poor OOC performance this year in Week 1, we need all of the OOC wins we can get.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC fucked Tennessee by giving us Florida, Georgia, Texas A&M, and Alabama in a roll. Frankly I think Tennessee should demand that either Florida or Georgia be moved to November. No way we should play them at the start of our season. This is one of the reason we have stunk for so long, they front load or schedule and don't allow us time to develop as a team.

Also, you should not force LSU out of South Alabama, that is not fair to South Alabama and cuts down the season. Frankly with our conference's poor OOC performance this year in Week 1, we need all of the OOC wins we can get.

Y'all get a tough draw this year no doubt. Then again, we get LSU as our crossover every year. We played Bama 4 times since Georgia played them last (FINALLY!) last season. We also got Auburn thrown in there twice and Texas A*M when they finished in the top 5.

They sure as hell weren't doing us any favors either.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe Tennessee sucks because they think way to highly of themselves when it comes to trying to make hires, strike out, then sign plan Z to a contract making brilliant bargain bin hires like Derek Doody and Butch Jones (still not convinced).

travis2x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changing the date would be the better option. Move the SECC game back by a week and play it in the Swamp first week of December.
Wouldn't mind that either. I don't think either option should be disregarded.
All sports have a weather issue sometimes and there has been plenty of times where it was moved to another stadium.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't mind that either. I don't think either option should be disregarded.
All sports have a weather issue sometimes and there has been plenty of times where it was moved to another stadium.
Well this should have happened, multiple stadiums in Alabama were available. Moving the SEC Title game isn't going to happen because as I mentioned a few times, playoff comittee isn't goijg to push everything back a week for one game. Whether or not LSU and Florida are playing that game is irrelevant, pushing that game back a week still impacts the timeframe.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this should have happened, multiple stadiums in Alabama were available. Moving the SEC Title game isn't going to happen because as I mentioned a few times, playoff comittee isn't goijg to push everything back a week for one game. Whether or not LSU and Florida are playing that game is irrelevant, pushing that game back a week still impacts the timeframe.

No, this is precisely what should NOT happen. The game needs to be played in the Swamp as scheduled. Nobody wants to give up a huge home game and every bigtime program will fight like hell to avoid losing a big payday like that. Changing the date is the obvious, easiest and most reasonable thing to do.

Why can the playoff committee not push things back one week if necessary? There is no reason they could not.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, this is precisely what should NOT happen. The game needs to be played in the Swamp as scheduled. Nobody wants to give up a huge home game and every bigtime program will fight like hell to avoid losing a big payday like that. Changing the date is the obvious, easiest and most reasonable thing to do.

Why can the playoff committee not push things back one week if necessary? There is no reason they could not.
Because every single other game that is impacted by this has a plan except for LSU and Florida. The committee should not be held up due to one game. Still a good chance its just played December 3rd, more likely to happen that day then not.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because every single other game that is impacted by this has a plan except for LSU and Florida. The committee should not be held up due to one game. Still a good chance its just played December 3rd, more likely to happen that day then not.

The committee can wait a week. Its not going to hurt anybody.

Even if both teams are out of the running for the SECC game, this game needs to be played.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best scenario to keep it in Gainesville is to move up the Georgia game and have UF play LSU on their bye

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking forward to watching this game early Saturday morning before the SECCG. Going to be a great opening game.

EllisHugh

Hoopla Cash
$ 481.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So now it's not just the SECCG but the playoffs pushed back a week? Dr you've lost it my man.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I thought of another scenario. Why not have the SEC cancel the Georgia and South Carolina game for the safety of those teams as well and to free up their first responders. Move SEC CG back a week and have both of those games on December 3rd. Other teams will likely cancel as well. Why not setup a makeup week like in 2001.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard from big time booster sources that the real reason Florida canceled the game is because McElwain didn't want to shake hands with Coach O after the game with his dragon breath.

Florida wants to play the game after LSU plays Alabama, as LSU will fire Coach O mid-season for being yet another LSU coach who can't beat Alabama. LSU fans will demand it, and Alleva follows through to appease them in an attempt to keep his job another year.