• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fish or Cut Bait?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ding ding ding! Very good post ALR

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to fish. We can't blow it up because we have picks anyway.

But what will the FO do? Pead and Quick (2nd rounders) are killing us. Whoever falls in love with these guys after the combine needs to be replaced.

Alston Jeffrey and Lamar Miller would be sweet right now.
First off, great post Junkie!

Second I think Fisher's the one you're talking about.

It could be on Snead too by not presenting better qualified options or selling high value on these two who clearly have yet to pan out all the while the clock is ticking on them both. They could be down to just 13 more weeks and it's end of the road.

So you're right, those two picks have too great a potential value to wind up calling 'em a bust in two years so someone needs to take the responsibility if it happens.

I pretty sure one of the two will be off the roster 2014.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks meng!
:clap:
It just drives me nuts to see these talented kids have great years, then get passed in the draft by guys that "look" the part after the combine. I love college football. Its my thing.

Drafting SEC WRs and defensive players is as close to a sure thing as there is. Running backs from Miami tend to be fast and pretty good if they have their head on straight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found this analysis of Braford interesting... ...Bradford seems to not have the traits necessary for the long haul in being a franchise QB.

Included in those traits are struggles with comfort and confidence in finding secondary targets, inability to stand tall or elude pressure in the pocket or make off-schedule plays, and failure to consistently deliver the ball accurately. All of those attributes are compounded by what Riddick calls a reluctance to push the ball down the field.

While acknowledging the issues around Bradford, Riddick said he’s never seen the intelligence and ability Bradford has in the classroom carry over to the field.

“I think it’s a confluence of things that are adding up to Sam not taking the expected next step as far as his development is concerned,” Riddick said. “Quite honestly, I’ve never been one that’s really seen franchise difference-making, put-the-team-on-my-back type of ability. I’m just not sold on him being a franchise quarterback, regardless of all the other things going on around him that aren’t necessarily helping him.”

In terms of fundamentals, Riddick points to a few areas where he sees Bradford struggle the most. In his eyes, Bradford still doesn’t look comfortable under center, lacks urgency in his drops and footwork and doesn’t have the feet or awareness to negotiate the pocket and find openings to deliver the ball.

You can read the rest of the analysis on ESPN.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of us have been saying some of this for years Retro. Nice!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep SJ76, you have nailed it again... ...for YEARS! Hey man, when you stated that college football is your gig, I think everyone forgets just how much you know and when you prognosticate about a player that we should pick in the draft and then don't, I know that player is going to do well in the Pros. I mean every player you stated we should have taken and didn't is having great pro careers. So, WTH, if nobody wants to listen then you get to say, "I told you so" with fervor!! lol.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retro my man, I have won myself and a friend thousands of dollars on picking college games. Home DAWGS and take the big favs!

But it has gotten me to watch and know college football. I see the talent every saturday. And alot of these scouts forget the seasons and circumstances some of these young guys have had, to then focus ONLY on the combine... They Fall in love and the rest is history. Jason Smith, Brian Quick. And Quick could start playing and be solid next year.. But he was the 1st pick of the 2nd round. You better be dam sure you are getting a stud at that pick. Not a fucking project.

Keenan Allen was another this year I wanted in the 2013 draft. he dropped because of an injury and is now starting for the Chargers. he was awesome at Cal and at one time (Like Alshon Jeffrey) was the #1 WR rated in college heading to the draft. Those 2 would have been awesome.

Go look at Ace Sanders, another rookie from South Carolina. Same size, make up as Tavon, but went in the 4th round in 2013. His stats are comparable to Tavons with NO QB.

I'm not looking for a I told you so.. I'm going to send my resume to Snead.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Snead would be a fool NOT to hire you. I have seen the results of Allen and Jeffrey's careers so far and they would have been excellent Rams even with numbnuts Shottenheimer. Quick is going to be a bust. I know it is coming. Both he and Pead will be out the door sooner rather than later. And who'd we take instead of Jonathan Franklin? Zac Stacey who is doing nothing while Franklin is have a pretty good year so far.

AND I know we should have traded up to take D.J. Fluker or Kyle Long instead of Austin. Both of these guys are have great ROY seasons. And we still could have taken Olgetree!! This is complete BS.

Everytime I watch the Chargers or Bears, I focus in on both respective players and they look way better than ANY lineman we have on our roster. But nooooo, you can't take an O-lineman in the first round. What a bunch of shit!! If we had Fluker or Long, I guarantee anybody our O-line would be light years ahead of where it is now.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed Retro, you have always been spot on with the college talent SJ, if Snead asks for references tell him to use the entire message board.

:agree:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

I love my job now. Work in the Oil & Gas industry. That's about the only job I wouldleave this one for. How hard is it to evaluate stud talent in the NCAA's? O-lineman I don't have a clue, but the rest I could do some damage.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well SJ. I believe my specialty is the O and D lineman having played the positions. So maybe... ..nah, don't think that would work!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How f'd up would we be if you two amateurs were at the helm! :laugh3:

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Management responsibilities:

1) Identify talent
2) Acquire talent on favourable financial terms
3) Put talent to good use

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Vita. That does it dude. Now you have stepped over the line. You name the place and I'll be there!!!

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Vita. That does it dude. Now you have stepped over the line. You name the place and I'll be there!!!
I don't know where this is going to go down. If it's on this forum then Retroram52 would have the home field advantage, given that he's a moderator. That said i'm still picking Vitamike, even at -3½ on the spread. lol.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we were gonna try to meet up with Blue for the Zona game? We can slug it out there and have a tall boy afterwords! :yahoo:

I've kicked the ass of some of my best friends and likewise then drank a beers however I've got a strict policy to not beat on the elderly, so IDK!:laugh3:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows Linebackers and Defensive ends kick the krap out of TEs!