• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First time ever Texas gets jipped

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disrespect to Texas Tech, but why are the suddenly a big roadblock for anyone?

They played 1 team with a winning record all season and LOST.

They have 2 wins versus FCS teams.
They have 3 wins versus FBS teams that have a combined 5 wins.
Their best FBS win is a 10 pt. win versus 3-5 TCU team at home.

They MIGHT NOT win another game.

I am not claiming Texas is a great team (the longhorns might suck too), but lets put the Red Raiders in perspective.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-2 4-0 in conference and un ranked? I cant believe this, but Texas deserves to eb ranked and I cant believe they aren't. usually these guys can have 4 losses and they will still be top 20...Their 2 losses come to a decent BYU team and Ole Miss.

Not saying Texas is a sledgehammer of a team this year, but great improvements when the wheels were about to come off. They have a quality win vs now a top 10 Oklahoma team.

Just shocked they aren't ranked.

Dosen't really matter. Goal is to win the Big 12 and we're still undefeated there. A lot of tough games ahead though.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas deserves a ranking,IMO. Please compare their record and SOS to aggies and tell me we don't even belong in top 25.

However, I said last week they should Not be ranked - and this week I said barely ranked (21-25).

So nothing criminal if you don't have us in your poll. Just take note.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they need another win. they have lost to 2 average teams and beat an overrated team. funny how all these tejas fans have shut up about mack brown all the sudden.

Go to Orangebloods.com or Shaggy Bevo.com and do some reading, sport. Nothing has changed concerning Mack Brown. Changing defensive coaches was a good move, but it should have been done after the OU loss LAST YEAR.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the discrepancy is in verbage. Imo both UT and OU are good teams. Neither is a great team at this point. And yet, both are better than average(for purpose of argument, lets call average near the middle of the 120+ FBS). If the categories are "great, good, average and poor" then I think we can agree on this.

Most feel BU is a great team, but have they been tested? Sure, they have strong wins against a few OOC teams(Woff, Buff, LA-Mon) and have dominated the lower half of the B12(KU, ISU, KSU, WVU) but until they beat UT, OU, OSU, TT and TCU, I'm not going to crown them yet. The 2nd half of the season will reveal much. I feel OU will lose at least 1 more. I feel UT will have their hands full with BU, TT and OSU as well. BU is going to be a shoot out, so it will come down to who can outscore them.

This. Lots of football left to be played. Where a team is ranked doesn't really mean much right now.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moral of the story? Don't get your shit pushed in by mid-majors.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The poll voters have spoken. Texas win over top 10 OU was a fluke win summed up because its a rivalry.

:nod:

Summed up, it was an ass whipping. Much like the year before.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ anyone who thinks texas deserves to be ranked and ole miss doesn't.

BenM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, the Texas guys have their collective heads on straight now. The're trying, the're playing hard and, the team is halfway decent. But, just remembering how a bunch of white Mormons beat the shit out them earlier in the season leaves a bad feeling about this team. Allowing 550 yards rushing and not making adjustments at halftime to stop BYU's read option is not acceptable. Where was Mack ? Sure, he sent Diaz down the highway but, why didn't he step up to the plate and demand that they stop that sob on the zone read OB keeper at all cost ?

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ anyone who thinks texas deserves to be ranked and ole miss doesn't.

Ole Miss lost 3 games in a row. There is not a single team in the country in the top 25 withb3 losses. Same reason I have Oklahoma above Texas even though Texas whooped them - it's about more than 1 game.

No, Ole Miss does not deserve to be ranked.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dunno, but I'm thinking getting whooped is more in the range of something like 63-12 or 55-17 or 65-13 or even 63-14.....

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-2 4-0 in conference and un ranked? I cant believe this, but Texas deserves to eb ranked and I cant believe they aren't. usually these guys can have 4 losses and they will still be top 20...Their 2 losses come to a decent BYU team and Ole Miss.

Not saying Texas is a sledgehammer of a team this year, but great improvements when the wheels were about to come off. They have a quality win vs now a top 10 Oklahoma team.

Just shocked they aren't ranked.
-------
They play the #18, #15, & #6 ranked teams yet....get by them and they'll finish ranked easily.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dunno, but I'm thinking getting whooped is more in the range of something like 63-12 or 55-17 or 65-13 or even 63-14.....

I'd say when a team is basically telling which way they're going to run the ball and they still shove it down your throats. That's getting whooped, not a "fluke".

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perhaps, but OU got raped, embarrassed and whooped by Texas. Like TexasMan said, it's even more of an ass whipping when it was clear what Texas was going to do every play, and that was throat fucking your defense with the run and your overrated asses still couldn't stop it. If Ash was in the game, Texas scores 60 + pts on your overrated asses as well. You can bring up past scores all you want, but it doesn't cover up the fact that your overrated team was thoroughly curbstomped by the Horns this year.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they need another win. they have lost to 2 average teams and beat an overrated team. funny how all these tejas fans have shut up about mack brown all the sudden.

Oh hell NO! Mack Brown has got to go! If it were up to me, I'd fire his ass right now. No matter what happen from this point forward. With the start we had, It's still going to be yet ANOTHER disappointing season in Austin.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Miss lost 3 games in a row. There is not a single team in the country in the top 25 withb3 losses. Same reason I have Oklahoma above Texas even though Texas whooped them - it's about more than 1 game.

No, Ole Miss does not deserve to be ranked.

check out who the losses were to. @Alabama, @Auburn, Texas A&M, and then a win over LSU.

If Texas played Ole Miss and then those 4 games, they'd lose 5 in a row.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hell NO! Mack Brown has got to go! If it were up to me, I'd fire his ass right now. No matter what happen from this point forward. With the start we had, It's still going to be yet ANOTHER disappointing season in Austin.

THIS ^^^^^^ I still believe and want Mack to step down at the end of the year. The way we lost to Ole Miss and BYU is unacceptable. Had Mack not been stubborn and loyal to Diaz last year, he would have fired him and Texas might be undefeated right now. Even if by some miracle UT runs the table, 2 loss seasons are still considered average to mediocre seasons in Austin, unlike in College Station where 2 loss seasons are celebrated as EXCELLENCE.....

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the change in defense, but I'm still not sure I'm buying the Diaz reason. The OU game is such an emotional game, I just can't give full credit to the defense. TCU is just horrible. I'm going to wait for Texas Tech, Ok st. and Baylor. If we stop are play good defense against those guys, then I might start buying into Robinson being the hero and it should have been done last year.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps, but OU got raped, embarrassed and whooped by Texas. Like TexasMan said, it's even more of an ass whipping when it was clear what Texas was going to do every play, and that was throat fucking your defense with the run and your overrated asses still couldn't stop it. If Ash was in the game, Texas scores 60 + pts on your overrated asses as well. You can bring up past scores all you want, but it doesn't cover up the fact that your overrated team was thoroughly curbstomped by the Horns this year.

are you just the most dramatic doofus on this board or what????

and Texass has never scored more than 45 points on any OU team. Never.

OU has done it many times vs yer whorns.....

yer win was a fluke, no doubt, and by the end of the season, ut will have way more losses than will OU.

Bele dat, fool.