• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First mock of the year

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trades:
-Trade #8 to low-mid teens (12-15) and gain a 2nd rounder. #8 looks like a nice spot for teams to jump up if they're looking to target certain players like Ezekiel Elliott, DeForest Buckner, Ronnie Stanley, Jared Goff, etc. If none of the big 5 prospects drop, and we have a trade down opportunity - I'm taking it.

-Trade 3rd, 5th, 6th and 2017 3rd for mid-late 2nd rounder.

Draft:
1st (via trade down) Jack Conklin - OT: 6'6 308lbs with 35'' arms. This guy can be the next Jon Runyan. Not an elite athlete, but plenty good enough. Technically sound in pass protection, and when he gets his hands on you it's very hard to disengage. Strong and powerful run blocker who knows how to play with leverage. Made DeForest Buckner his bitch. I'm not sure I know of one Eagles fan who wouldn't love this guy. Future RT who could succeed at guard till Peters either kicks inside, or isn't an Eagle anymore.

2nd (via trade down) Sterling Shephard - WR: He reminds me of Tyler Lockett (with some R.Cobb to his game too), a player a lot of us loved last year. Explosive, quick twitch athlete who runs beautiful routes and has a great set of mitts. He plays much bigger than his size and can high point the ball over defenders. Can take the top off the defense or eat up defenders in the middle of the field -- not scared going over the middle. Could become a dominant slot WR, but still has the ability to play outside. Extremely high character and work ethic, big time competitor. This guy brings a big playmaking element to an offense. Shephard/Matthews/Agholor would form a very dynamic trio.

2nd (via trade up) Kenneth Dixon - RB: Love this kid. 3 down RB who is extremely explosive, elusive and has elite quickness. Runs with decisiveness, vision, aggression, physicality and determination. Nose for the EZ with 41 TDs in the past 2 years as a runner, and another 13TDs as a receiver. Plays bigger than 5'10 215lbs. Love him as a runner, and he's an elite pass catcher for the position. He's also technically sound and willing as a pass blocker. Not going to wait till our 3rd for him.

3rd DJ White - CB: 5'11 193lbs with 31 1/2'' arms. Has enough size and length to play the position. Good athlete and plays instinctively. Scheme versatile and can play man/zone and knows how to jam WRs in press and stick with them. Intelligent player and a hard worker - team captain as well. Real good tackler using physicality and form. He might not be very flashy, but he does his job very well.

3rd *Traded

4th Brandon Allen - QB: 6'1 1/2 isn't ideal, nor is his hand size, though the latter didn't seem to impact him at Arkansas. Allen has good zip and throws a really tight spiral, very quick and compact release, impressive ball placement, hits his WRs in stride and knows when to steer them away from an oncoming defender, great mechanics and footwork, throws with anticipation and timing, throws very well on the run, knows how to work the pocket and doesn't get flustered in the face of pressure, has the athletic ability to break outside and create room - or take off and run with it. The one thing I'd like to see him do better at is looking off coverages, at times he can lock onto his guy. He's made significant strides in his career and has gotten better and better. He's not a physical specimen, he won't blow you away with his athletic ability, he doesn't have a rocket arm, but I like this kid a lot. He made a lot of big plays for his team when they needed him most, late in the season. He seems to be a high character kid with a good work ethic. In the 4th I'm taking this kid all day

5th Graham Glasgow - OG: Versatile player who can play either guard spot or center. Has the size and strength you want in an interior lineman. Not a top level athlete. Aggressive and strong at the point of attack. Looks like he plays with a bit of a nasty streak which I like. Does a solid job getting into his pass sets, but excels as a power run blocker. Had some off the field issues with drinking, but if he could put that in the past he has upside to be a solid starter in this league, or a very good backup who can play 3 positions.

5th *Traded

6th *Traded

7th Adam Gotsis - DT: 6'4 287lbs with 34 1/8'' arms and 10 3/4'' hands. Former Austrialian rules football player, who has limited experience in American football. Signed to GT in 2012. Picked up the game very easily and got better and better each year. Big powerful kid who's hard to move, still raw as a pass rusher. Had 31 tackles, 5 for loss and 3 sacks in 9 games before tearing his ACL in October. Plays with a good motor and give you his best, high work ethic. Good developmental type player with high upside.

7th Stephen Weatherly - DE: 6'4 267lbs with 34 1'2'' arms. Ran a 4.61 40. Love his physical skill-set, while his entire game needs refinement, the tools are there. Played DE in a 4-3 in 2013, and 3-4 OLB the past 2 years. Bright student-athlete with a good work ethic. Developmental player who has some nice upside.

Rip away.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a draft that I can really gt behind. Especially the first 4 rounds. Aftr that, don't really know but like the first 5 picks. Great job!

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as trade down Mock scenario's are concerned .... this is about as close to perfect (imo anyhoo) that you can get. My only change would be to exchange OG for DE/LB Yannick Ngakoue :) Love Conk, love Shep, Dixon, White and Allen ... great job.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could happen if the player Howie wants at 8 isn't there. But he didn't trade up to 8 to take Conklin so it should be interesting.... Solid effort.