• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First Half Grades

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson - B

Russell been enigmatic this season. He's on pace for career highs in completions, yards & comp % - but he's also on pace for highs in sacks taken & interceptions thrown while on a career low pace for TD passes. He currently has 13 consecutive 200 passing yard games - by far the longest streak of his career, but he's also turning the ball over at a 1 per game clip over that period. He's also on pace for 600 rushing yards.

Marshawn Lynch - C

Injuries have slowed Lynch down a little, but halfway through the season he isn't the team's leading rusher despite 30 more opportunities. He has appeared to miss some holes early in the season, and doesn't really have the pop we're used to seeing. He's in real danger of not making it to 1000 yards rushing for the first time since 2010.

Thomas Rawls - A

It's easy for Rawls to get such a good grade because the expectations for him coming into the season were so low. He leads the team in rushing, even though he's only had significant carries in 3 of the games.

Fred Jackson - B+

The old man can still play, and though I hated losing Turbin, Jackson has filled his role admirably.

OL - D-

They've been improving, it's the only reason I don't want to give them an F.

Jimmy Graham - B

As a receiver he's been everything we hoped for except a touchdown machine - but as he an Russell continue to build a rapport, that may change. His blocking hasn't been good - and despite people claiming we didn't bring him in to block - TEs block in this system.

Doug Baldwin - C+

After starting out the season strong, Doug has gone back to mediocrity. He hasn't had more than 3 catches since week 2.

Jermaine Kearse - C

He's another receiver who started out strong but just hasn't put up anything special since week 3. He saw only 1 target against Dallas and was held without a catch for the 3rd time this season.

Tyler Lockett - A

Lockett has proven himself to be a solid weapon - and in doing so he's been taking targets away from the other WRs (especially Kearse) in hopes to get him the ball. Teams have been doing everything they can to keep the ball out of his hands on special teams, which has benefited the team almost as much as him returning it has.

Michael Bennett - A-

Bennett is Bennett. His good outweighs the bad, but the bad does bring his grade down slightly. A few too many offside calls for my taste, not to mention a couple real bone head plays. He has been an impressive player for the team this year, being nearly as productive as he was in 2013.

Cliff Avril - B+

Avril is having one of the best seasons of his career, playing the run better than he ever has. He's only 10 tackles shy of his career high, and we're only 8 games in. Would like to see him bring his pressure numbers up - but he's been playing very well.

Cassius Marsh - B

Marsh hasn't seen a lot of action (only 77 snaps on defense), but I always seem to notice when he's in. He just always seems to be around the play.

Frank Clark - B-

Clark had such a big pre-season that it seems to be a little bit of a letdown now that the season has started. He's made some big plays though the last few weeks, and as he gets more experience, I expect to see the production go up.

Brandon Mebane - B+

Mebane is always such a force to move in the middle. He has been a big reason why our run defense is always one of the best in football. He's one of those players who never gets the sexy numbers, but does all the dirty work.

Ahtyba Ruben - B

I've liked what I've seen from Ruben. He's been active and is a big body that is difficult to move. Watching a lot of games you'll notice that teams ave most of their running success by running to the outside - but with Mebane and Rubin - it isn't hard to figure out why they don't run up the middle for much.

Jordan Hill - C+

There were some expectations for Hill to continue to be the force in the middle that he was to finish last season, but we've seen little of the pass rusher we hoped we'd have. He has been better against the run, though, and if he can get his pass rush back, he'll be a very good all around DT.

KJ Wright - B+

Wright has been having a very good season, and the only thing keeping him from an A grade is that he's had issues wrapping up from time to time.

Bobby Wagner - B

Bobby Wagner is still a force, but he'd had tackling issues all season, which has been so uncharacteristic of him. Hopefully, he can turn that around the second half.

Bruce Irvin - A

Irvin has turned himself into a very good all around linebacker. It'll be sad to see him go after this season, but he'll play good down the stretch for his contract season.

Richard Sherman - A-

There were times earlier in the season when it appeared Sherman may not be Sherman the way we've become accustomed to Sherman being Sherman. That appears to no longer be the case as he held Bryant to 1 catch for 15 yards yesterday (the other catch he was on Williams and came off to make the tackle).

Carey Williams - C

I know a lot of people would want to give Williams a worse grade - but he has had some good games (and some horrible ones) and now that it appears that they will not be asking him to cover the other teams' #1, he should have fewer horrible games.

Marcus Burley - B

I like Burely and feel he's played a good nickel. He's missed the last 4 games, but I think he's another player we are expecting back after the bye.

DeShawn Shead - B+

Shead has been a decent surprise for the defense. He's played the nickel well in our time of need.

Earl Thomas - B+

He's been a roller coaster this season, playing great at times, but also making some big mental errors as well. Like the rest of the LOB, he's been getting better as the season goes, and so we'll just have to hope that there aren't any more games like Carolina in the future.

Kam Chancellor - C-

His holdout hurt this team, and as such I would be inclined to give him a bad grade just for that, but he put himself behind by skipping camp. He's not really been the enforcer that he has been, and has actually be out of position a lot. He has been playing better overall as he's gotten back in the grove - I just don't think the big hits have been there.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are pretty close on our views, but I think I would rate a few guys lower as opposed to rating them higher than you do.
Good post though.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree with:

Lynch - C? He leads the NFL in first contact players NOT making the tackle. Not his fault teams ridiculously stack the box. He's still a top 3 NFL RB according to PFF due to great blocking, yards after initial contact, players missed tackles, etc.

Baldwin - C+? He's the #1 rated slot receiver in the game atm. Not his fault Seattle has no other noticeable talent at WR and he's constantly lined up on the outside. He has some of the best hands in the game atm. His target per catch is incredible, not his fault Wilson and the team aren't throwing to him.

Sherman - A-? Sherman outside of Dallas where he admittedly played a career game, Sherman has been terrible all season. Prior to that game he was ranked like 75th among active corners in targets per yards/TDs allowed. Dallas has definitely bumped his stock up some, but not grading him an A- because of one good game with pedestrian QB Cassel throwing Dez the ball.

Wright/Thomas - B+? Wright is the second ranked LBer through the season at this point and Thomas is still a top 3 safety (based on this season performance) in the game.

I'd also bump Graham to an A-. His blocking has been a bright spot and Seattle has been barely utilizing him correctly.

Otherwise agree with most of your players.... but some weird grades in there for sure (IMO).

I'd break the OL down though. Nowak has been a solid B, Okung a B-/C+, Sweezy D, Britt and Gilliam an F. Yes Britt played decent against Dallas, but he's been TERRIBLE most of the season.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree with:

Lynch - C? He leads the NFL in first contact players NOT making the tackle. Not his fault teams ridiculously stack the box. He's still a top 3 NFL RB according to PFF due to great blocking, yards after initial contact, players missed tackles, etc.

Baldwin - C+? He's the #1 rated slot receiver in the game atm. Not his fault Seattle has no other noticeable talent at WR and he's constantly lined up on the outside. He has some of the best hands in the game atm. His target per catch is incredible, not his fault Wilson and the team aren't throwing to him.

Sherman - A-? Sherman outside of Dallas where he admittedly played a career game, Sherman has been terrible all season. Prior to that game he was ranked like 75th among active corners in targets per yards/TDs allowed. Dallas has definitely bumped his stock up some, but not grading him an A- because of one good game with pedestrian QB Cassel throwing Dez the ball.

Wright/Thomas - B+? Wright is the second ranked LBer through the season at this point and Thomas is still a top 3 safety (based on this season performance) in the game.

I'd also bump Graham to an A-. His blocking has been a bright spot and Seattle has been barely utilizing him correctly.

Otherwise agree with most of your players.... but some weird grades in there for sure (IMO).

I'd break the OL down though. Nowak has been a solid B, Okung a B-/C+, Sweezy D, Britt and Gilliam an F. Yes Britt played decent against Dallas, but he's been TERRIBLE most of the season.

Lynch - He's running slow, missing holes, not following his blocks. It isn't just his line's fault he has to break so many tackles. Also, I can't tell you how little stock I put into PFF ratings.

Baldwin - He hasn't been producing, and despite whoever ranked him #1 in the slot, he's been mediocre this year. I like Baldwin as much as the next guy (I started him in fantasy 7 times this year mostly because I like him), but eventually he is going to have to be able to get the ball in non scramble situations.

Graham - "His blocking has been a bright spot"? Makes me wonder what you've been watching.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch - He's running slow, missing holes, not following his blocks. It isn't just his line's fault he has to break so many tackles. Also, I can't tell you how little stock I put into PFF ratings.

Baldwin - He hasn't been producing, and despite whoever ranked him #1 in the slot, he's been mediocre this year. I like Baldwin as much as the next guy (I started him in fantasy 7 times this year mostly because I like him), but eventually he is going to have to be able to get the ball in non scramble situations.

Graham - "His blocking has been a bright spot"? Makes me wonder what you've been watching.

I should've phrased that differently. It's been a bright spot for what I expected considering he basically never had to do it in New Orleans. He's looked better every game...

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post!

Pretty much in agreement with all of the grades with the exception of Carey Williams. I don't think I can emphasize enough on how poorly he has played all season. The critics in the past have bashed Richard Sherman because they don't consider him a "shutdown corner" and can "play one side of the field" -- Well, the reason being is because that is how the Seahawks system works with decent corners in the past from Browner to Thurmond and to Maxwell.. this allowed Sherman to stay on one side of the field.

This year? He has to move to both sides of the field to cover receivers like Megatron, AJ Green, and Dez Bryant because we've seen all season that Carey Williams gets eaten alive by these big physical receivers. Look back at the Cincy game, AJ Green had a field day when Williams was on him until the Hawks made an adjustment to put Sherman on him. And also, as I recall, he had one decent game against the Lions.

I'd knock that grade down to a C- or D for Williams.

-------------------------------------------------------

As far as the receivers go, Kearse has been a huge disappointment for me this season. There are times where it looked like he stopped running and gave up, that resulted in a couple of INTs. He's also a D.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman - A-? Sherman outside of Dallas where he admittedly played a career game, Sherman has been terrible all season..

Are you on crack? "Sherman has been terrible all season"... Hard to take you seriously with that kind of comment...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you on crack? "Sherman has been terrible all season"... Hard to take you seriously with that kind of comment...
Yeah, it's pretty far out there. I was just gonna leave it alone it was so bizarre.....

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great write up btw... Ratings are pretty close to what I would've gone with... The only grade I'd knock down a notch is C. Williams... Seems like teams have been able to do whatever they want to his side of the field when he's covering a WR/TE/RB... He rarely defenses a play but I'm just nit-pickin w/ that comment... Great job...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Williams (since he seems to be the most commonly stated issue), I gave him the C because he's been at least solid in all 4 of our wins (and the Panther loss), to the point that the guys he's covering have not been a factor for their offenses. Since the Cincinnati game, Williams has been talked about with his struggles, but he's not been victimized almost at all, now that Sherman takes the #1 guy. If the guys he's covered a majority of the time continue to perform the way the last 3 have, it'll be a major boost to the defense, of course we'll have to see how he matches up against John Brown in a couple weeks.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Richard Sherman back to his usual self

How quickly 'fans' forget.

"Richard Sherman has not been his usual self this season. Heading into the game Sunday against the Cowboys, teams throwing at him this season had a passer rating of 100.3, or only slightly worse than when targeting teammate Cary Williams."

Hey, great game against Bryant don't get me wrong. Has been statistically terrible prior to it.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Richard Sherman has not been his usual self this season. Heading into the game Sunday against the Cowboys, teams throwing at him this season had a passer rating of 100.3, or only slightly worse than when targeting teammate Cary Williams."

Hey, great game against Bryant don't get me wrong. Has been statistically terrible prior to it.

Comparing him to Carey Williams is funny... Sherman is covering the best receiver on every team on every play so please don't compare him to Williams... He's covering all the #1's because C. Williams was getting burnt left and right to start the season...

Sad that you're allowing the media to warp your view on Sherman w/out actually using common sense and eye test... Even Howie Long laughed at those stats prior to the Hawks Dallas game on Fox...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comparing him to Carey Williams is funny... Sherman is covering the best receiver on every team on every play so please don't compare him to Williams... He's covering all the #1's because C. Williams was getting burnt left and right to start the season...

Sad that you're allowing the media to warp your view on Sherman w/out actually using common sense and eye test... Even Howie Long laughed at those stats prior to the Hawks Dallas game on Fox...

K.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe an issue of how to interpret stats. How many receptions has Sherman even given up this year? It can't be an average of more than a couple a game. And he certainly hasnt given up many TDs because the other team's offense hasnt even scored one in half the games. You talk like he was getting torched ('terrible') until the Dallas game. You're nuts man.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those are some pretty high grades for a team that is 4-4. You would think the Hawks were 6-2 with those grades.

Wilson C
Wilson has struggled this season with turnovers and has missed that killer instinct he has had the first three seasons of his career. Has improved accuracy but gets flustered and misses in clutch times( Main problem oline )

Lynch C+
Started off slow but you can see him picking it up. Has not been healthy but seems to be getting there, Improved oline play in run blocking is greatly needed.

Rawls A
Rawls has shown he is more than just a back-up or change of pace, good showings behind a bad line.

Jackson C
Jackson is who we all thought he was coming in, nothing special just a blue caller worker.

Baldwin B-
Has not seen many passes his way but still catches everything thrown at him, some times he seems to get lost out on the field and needs to be more consistent at getting open.

Kearse C+
Kearse is just a solid worker at WR, he wont blow past anyone but thats not his game. Making contested catches is. Still he is having a solid season but nothing to get to excited about.

Lockett (WR ) B- ( KR/PR ) A-
(WR) looks more polished than you would expect from a rookie, no one can stay with him on double moves because of his quickness. Gets pushed around when people are able to get their hands on him.(KR/PR) Start off strong but has been only average as of late. Still you can see he is something special in the return game.

Graham C
As a receiver he gets a A as a blocker he gets a F, constantly gets blown away and knocked back on blocking duty or whiffs completely. Keep him split out and he is a nightmare for opponents. No help in protection at all.

Willson B-
Much improved blocker and is hands down the best blocking TE on the team, does not get many looks in the passing game but makes the most out of them when he does. Highest YPC for the TE's.

Oline F
Although they improved last week that was more on Russell Wilson getting the ball out fast as rushers were STILL coming in completely unblocked. This unit is only slightly better than a hot mess. You consistently see olineman totally whiffing on blocks in both the running and passing game.

DL C
The rotation of Mebane/Rubin/Hill and Bennett when he slides inside has only been average. We have seen better play from this group from 12-14, They need to pick it up. middle of the pack type production.

Bennett ( DE ) C+
Bennett is the Hawks second best DE believe it or not. He is strong against the run but lets not kid ourselves he is a penalty waiting to happen. Needs to start using his head more and staying on side would be great. His mental mistakes is what lowers his grade. They have cost the Hawks a game all ready this season. One of the loses is all on Bennett.

Avril ( DE ) A-
People do not give Avril enough credit, he is the Reason Bennett leads this team in Sacks as he constantly forces QB's to step up right into Bennett. He has force 2 sacks that Bennett collected because of His tremendous outside rush. Hands down the best DE on this team. Has a knack for kncoking the ball lose when he does get the the QB.

Wright A
KJ Wright is one of our best LBers ( whats new ) although he is not making the flashy plays we normally see he is still solid and it's only a matter of time before he has a game where he blows it up.

Wagner B
Wagner is not having his best season but that is because he can not stay clean, he is constantly getting blocked by olinemen that the DL's did not occupy. Better play upfront will Make Wags MUCH better

Irvin B-
It's hard to believe this is only his 2nd season as a OLB, his pursuit is top notch and his ability to guard TE AND WR down the field are very good for someone only in their 2nd season as a OLB. Constantly on TE/WR's hip in coverage. His Rush when he slides down to a DE is much improved and he just explodes off the line. He still has a lot of room to improve but improve he has every year.

Sherman C
Sherman has not had the best of years but you can not put that all on him. The DL/DE were constantly allowing QB's 3+ seconds of a completely clean pocket for many of the games. That makes things tough for any CB in the league no matter who you are.

Williams D-/F
This guy has been toast more times than not. I think many of us expected as much as he was burnt toast in Philly and was the reason they did not want him. Hawks need to upgrade ASAP. ( Lane )

Thomas C+
Thomas and the rest of the CB/S had issues with miss communication for 4+ games, this falls on the Defenses QB which is Thomas. Has played better late but still has been late on his rotation multiple times costing this team and the defense.

Chancellor C+
This guy is a machine but you can tell he was hurt by the missed time of training camp. He is slowly getting back into bambam form but he is not there yet. Normally he comes up and stops plays for no gain or a loss, right now he comes up to stop them for 3 to 6 yard gains. Not what we are use to seeing.

Hauschka A+
This guy is money on kicks

Ryan B+
Nothing wrong here just an above average punter who does his job well, very well. Only 15 out of his 40 punts have been returned.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson - B

Russell been enigmatic this season. He's on pace for career highs in completions, yards & comp % - but he's also on pace for highs in sacks taken & interceptions thrown while on a career low pace for TD passes. He currently has 13 consecutive 200 passing yard games - by far the longest streak of his career, but he's also turning the ball over at a 1 per game clip over that period. He's also on pace for 600 rushing yards.

Marshawn Lynch - C

Injuries have slowed Lynch down a little, but halfway through the season he isn't the team's leading rusher despite 30 more opportunities. He has appeared to miss some holes early in the season, and doesn't really have the pop we're used to seeing. He's in real danger of not making it to 1000 yards rushing for the first time since 2010.

Thomas Rawls - A

It's easy for Rawls to get such a good grade because the expectations for him coming into the season were so low. He leads the team in rushing, even though he's only had significant carries in 3 of the games.

Fred Jackson - B+

The old man can still play, and though I hated losing Turbin, Jackson has filled his role admirably.

OL - D-

They've been improving, it's the only reason I don't want to give them an F.

Jimmy Graham - B

As a receiver he's been everything we hoped for except a touchdown machine - but as he an Russell continue to build a rapport, that may change. His blocking hasn't been good - and despite people claiming we didn't bring him in to block - TEs block in this system.

Doug Baldwin - C+

After starting out the season strong, Doug has gone back to mediocrity. He hasn't had more than 3 catches since week 2.

Jermaine Kearse - C

He's another receiver who started out strong but just hasn't put up anything special since week 3. He saw only 1 target against Dallas and was held without a catch for the 3rd time this season.

Tyler Lockett - A

Lockett has proven himself to be a solid weapon - and in doing so he's been taking targets away from the other WRs (especially Kearse) in hopes to get him the ball. Teams have been doing everything they can to keep the ball out of his hands on special teams, which has benefited the team almost as much as him returning it has.

Michael Bennett - A-

Bennett is Bennett. His good outweighs the bad, but the bad does bring his grade down slightly. A few too many offside calls for my taste, not to mention a couple real bone head plays. He has been an impressive player for the team this year, being nearly as productive as he was in 2013.

Cliff Avril - B+

Avril is having one of the best seasons of his career, playing the run better than he ever has. He's only 10 tackles shy of his career high, and we're only 8 games in. Would like to see him bring his pressure numbers up - but he's been playing very well.

Cassius Marsh - B

Marsh hasn't seen a lot of action (only 77 snaps on defense), but I always seem to notice when he's in. He just always seems to be around the play.

Frank Clark - B-

Clark had such a big pre-season that it seems to be a little bit of a letdown now that the season has started. He's made some big plays though the last few weeks, and as he gets more experience, I expect to see the production go up.

Brandon Mebane - B+

Mebane is always such a force to move in the middle. He has been a big reason why our run defense is always one of the best in football. He's one of those players who never gets the sexy numbers, but does all the dirty work.

Ahtyba Ruben - B

I've liked what I've seen from Ruben. He's been active and is a big body that is difficult to move. Watching a lot of games you'll notice that teams ave most of their running success by running to the outside - but with Mebane and Rubin - it isn't hard to figure out why they don't run up the middle for much.

Jordan Hill - C+

There were some expectations for Hill to continue to be the force in the middle that he was to finish last season, but we've seen little of the pass rusher we hoped we'd have. He has been better against the run, though, and if he can get his pass rush back, he'll be a very good all around DT.

KJ Wright - B+

Wright has been having a very good season, and the only thing keeping him from an A grade is that he's had issues wrapping up from time to time.

Bobby Wagner - B

Bobby Wagner is still a force, but he'd had tackling issues all season, which has been so uncharacteristic of him. Hopefully, he can turn that around the second half.

Bruce Irvin - A

Irvin has turned himself into a very good all around linebacker. It'll be sad to see him go after this season, but he'll play good down the stretch for his contract season.

Richard Sherman - A-

There were times earlier in the season when it appeared Sherman may not be Sherman the way we've become accustomed to Sherman being Sherman. That appears to no longer be the case as he held Bryant to 1 catch for 15 yards yesterday (the other catch he was on Williams and came off to make the tackle).

Carey Williams - C

I know a lot of people would want to give Williams a worse grade - but he has had some good games (and some horrible ones) and now that it appears that they will not be asking him to cover the other teams' #1, he should have fewer horrible games.

Marcus Burley - B

I like Burely and feel he's played a good nickel. He's missed the last 4 games, but I think he's another player we are expecting back after the bye.

DeShawn Shead - B+

Shead has been a decent surprise for the defense. He's played the nickel well in our time of need.

Earl Thomas - B+

He's been a roller coaster this season, playing great at times, but also making some big mental errors as well. Like the rest of the LOB, he's been getting better as the season goes, and so we'll just have to hope that there aren't any more games like Carolina in the future.

Kam Chancellor - C-

His holdout hurt this team, and as such I would be inclined to give him a bad grade just for that, but he put himself behind by skipping camp. He's not really been the enforcer that he has been, and has actually be out of position a lot. He has been playing better overall as he's gotten back in the grove - I just don't think the big hits have been there.

This is an awesome write up! Excellent work! The only one I disagree with is the Carey Williams grade, but that maybe because I'm a little bias on how much I can't stand him and his play.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Rob Rang:

Russell Wilson's reliance on improvisation makes him one of the league's most entertaining (but at times frustrating) quarterbacks to watch. Simply put, one can't grade him the same way you do classic pocket passers like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.

Wilson currently has a 95.0 QB Rating, which is the same as what he held a year ago. He's completed a career-high 68.8% of his passes, thus far, and is on pace for a new high in passing yards with an average of 234.75 yards per game. His touchdowns, however, are down (nine passing and zero rushing) and his turnovers are up (six interceptions, three fumbles).

Wilson is as much to blame as any member of the Seahawks for the club's early struggles. He's missed wide-open targets, on occasion, and has thrown a few inexplicable interceptions into coverage, including inside the red zone where he'd previously been at his best. Wilson has been too quick to vacate the pocket and scramble on planned passing plays and has appeared hesitant, at times, to keep the ball himself on read-options.

While Wilson deserves as much blame as anyone for Seattle's four losses, he also deserves a great deal of credit for Seattle's victories. The resiliency he showed in the win over the Dallas Cowboys, for example, was key to Seattle's win. The 17-play drive that resulted in Steven Hauschka's game-winning field was mostly Wilson at his best, scrambling when necessary and delivering pin-point accurate passes to a variety of targets. It is understandable that Wilson doesn't keep the ball often on read-options. He's typically handing it off to arguably the NFL's top running back in Marshawn Lynch and has absorbed plenty of punishment already this season. He has, after all, absorbed an NFL-worst 31 sacks so far.