• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First day of camp...

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably not supposed to do this, but I pay for the info so I can do what I want..lol. Here is Aaron Suttles day one camp notes...

"Thanks for your patience, gang. Just got back from Sandestin and the SEC Meetings, and I'm getting caught up on the first day of camp, which began Sunday. Here is what I've learned thus far:

Alabama quarterback commitment Cooper Bateman is in Tuscaloosa and will remain on campus through Tuesday. I've said all along that I expect Alabama to take two quarterbacks in this class, so it will be interesting to see how his commitment affects other quarterbacks' thoughts of signing with the Crimson Tide. Riley Ferguson and Parker McLeod are also on campus.

Laremy Tunsil, the nation's top offensive lineman and No. 7 overall prospect, is on campus. This visit will determine where Alabama is on Tunsil's list.

Brendan Langley recently named Alabama his leader after having Georgia on top for a couple of months. One source told me that Langley is having a great time. Langley is very highly thought of by the UA coaching staff.

Recent Florida State commitment Marquez White is not at Alabama camp, but he is thinking about coming. A strong performance at camp could earn an Alabama offer and may give him something to think about.

A name to watch out for that is turning heads so far at camp is Jackon-Olin corner Erik Holliday. At 6-1, 177 pounds, Holliday has the size that Alabama likes in its defensive backs.

Another corner back who earned a lot of attention from Alabama coaches was Southridge (Miami) High's Lamar Robbins. Robbins is another big corner at 6-foot-3, 188 pounds.

2014 stud offensive lineman, Orlando Brown, is at camp and is reportedly having a great visit.

Alabama commitment O.J. Howard wowed at camp Sunday. That's not surprising. Howard is a physical freak. It's been reported that his interest in Auburn is rising, but, according to sources, Howard is firm to the Tide.

Athletic tight end Josh McNeil is as high on Alabama as he's ever been, and that's saying a lot. He was thrilled with his visit with Nick Saban. At the moment, UA is way out in front.

Non-camp related news: I'm sure you've heard by now that Rivals100 recruit Henry Poggi will select Michigan at his announcement tonight. No shocking.

Stay tuned as I'll continue to bring you the latest with what I'm hearing.
"

Will put in own words from now on...this was just too long..

JTEGGER

T-Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a few more "stolen" camp nuggets..

***Monday marked the first of two planned workout days for UA QB commit Cooper Bateman and sources indicate Bateman performed well and lived up to the expectations. Bateman arrived in Tuscaloosa on Sunday and was able to spend time and work with a number of fellow commitments, with most of the skill player commits being in town. ArDarius Stewart is one commit yet to participate that will be at UA for camp on Tuesday.

***Sources indicate Marietta (Ga.) Walton QB target Parker McLeod had an exceptional day of work in both camp sessions, potentially positioning himself as Alabama’s choice to join Bateman. UA currently is on top for McLeod with Oklahoma State landing a commit from QB Luke Del Rio last week. McLeod made the trip with teammate and UA commit Tyren Jones. Both returned to Georgia on Monday evening in order to get back for a 7-on-7.

On a related note, Butler (N.C.) Matthews QB Riley Ferguson will be getting to Tuscaloosa on Tuesday to throw for the staff. Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas QB John O'Korn threw on Sunday and Monday.

*** Sugar Land (Texas) Dulles CB Maurice Smith was a standout in the DB group, per sources. Smith is a bigger CB who excels in press man coverage and is thus readymade for one-on-one situations. Smith, who made the trip with his mother and a large contingent of Houston area prospects, met with Nick Saban prior to departing and was informed of his status as a top target. One source close to Smith told BOL that Saban emphasized Smith’s ideal fit in the UA program both on and off the field and the feeling that he could be in line for early playing time should he ultimately select the Tide. Smith and his Houston group will be at LSU on Tuesday. UA remains in good shape with the four-star CB with LSU, Texas A&M, and Texas rounding out his top group.

***Another top performer amongst the defensive backs was Spanish Fort (Ala.) CB Jonathan Cook. Cook made the trip with teammate and UA commit Deon Johnson and was a standout in 1-on-1 and 7-on-7 work, coming down with two interceptions. A source close to the in-state prospect indicates he tested in the mid-to-low 4.5’s, as well. Cook, who plans on camping at Auburn next weekend, remains an in-state lean and UA would be in outstanding shape with an offer. It’s also worth noting that some respected evaluators feel Cook is a four-star caliber talent as he has good size at around 6’0 to go with polished ability in coverage and top-notch ball skills.

***Santee (S.C.) Lake Marion WR Mike Williams was one of group of new offers along with Lawrenceville (Ga.) Archer DL Antonio Riles and Snellville (Ga.) Brookwood Shaun McGee. Williams, who has a basketball background, flashed great size and ability in high-pointing the football in jump ball situations en route to earning the offer and making a jump up UA’s WR board.

McGee, who named UA his leader after the camp, was also joined by his teammate at Brookwood, UGA WR commit Kyrin Priester.

***Beaumont (Texas) Ozen 2014 DB Tony Brown was a consensus top performer amongst several sources. Brown is still pretty green as a player on Friday nights, but possesses exceptional overall athleticism and has considerable upside. The Houston area four-star is slated to meet with Saban on Tuesday and an offer could be delivered at that time.

***On a team note- one source singled out recent enrollee Dakota Ball for his performance thus far in workouts. It's common for incoming freshman to experience shock of some sort whether it's in the classroom, in workouts, or socially and Ball looks to have made the transition seamlessly at this very early juncture.