• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Firefox or Chrome?

Chrome or FireFox?

• Total voters

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some people will probably laugh at this... but seriously which one is better in your opinion and why?

I like firefox more because it allows me to customize it more, keeps privacy more secure, and runs faster. But Chrome also has a lot of good things about it. I don't know, just wondering what you guys thought. I recently made the full switch to Firefox.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as PC browsing goes, I like chrome for the Google integration aspect. I haven't used Firefox for years now, but never didn't like it. I recently tried Firefox for mobile and didn't care for it. I'm also off of chrome because of the lack of ad blocking potential and high battery usage.

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as PC browsing goes, I like chrome for the Google integration aspect. I haven't used Firefox for years now, but never didn't like it. I recently tried Firefox for mobile and didn't care for it. I'm also off of chrome because of the lack of ad blocking potential and high battery usage.
The only EXTREME problem I have with Chrome is the privacy issue... I mean I heard that Google literally tracks you on Chrome with whatever you search. :noidea:

But I did like Chrome for gmail... bit slow on Firefox.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only EXTREME problem I have with Chrome is the privacy issue... I mean I heard that Google literally tracks you on Chrome with whatever you search. :noidea:

But I did like Chrome for gmail... bit slow on Firefox.
Yeah, I'm sure that's true, and it does suck. I just gave up and stopped caring about Google knowing everything about me. I mean, I can't really fight it at this point even if I wanted to, my phone's OS is a google creation for effs sake.

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm sure that's true, and it does suck. I just gave up and stopped caring about Google knowing everything about me. I mean, I can't really fight it at this point even if I wanted to, my phones OS is a google creation for effs sake.
Ah a Samsung? Yeah I feel like it will change in the future though.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah a Samsung? Yeah I feel like it will change in the future though.
Yep. And maybe. They do seem to be improving and expanding their version of Android pretty well.

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. And maybe. They do seem to be improving and expanding their version of Android pretty well.
Well thats good I have been thinking about switching from iPhone to Android sometime soon...

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thats good I have been thinking about switching from iPhone to Android sometime soon...
Yeah. I can't speak to iPhone, but I'm on my second samsung, I recently upgraded from the note 4 to the s7 edge, and it's noticeably improved. My understanding is iOS is amazing in terms of smoothness and efficiency, but samsung is closing the gap with every new generation.

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is iOS is amazing in terms of smoothness and efficiency, but samsung is closing the gap with every new generation.
Oh yeah definitely... a lot of people don't like iOS 10 right now, and yeah Samsung is definitely rising. Many people were surprised by the Headphone Jack removal in the iPhone 7 but it doesn't surprise me, I saw it coming.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chrome is lighter weight and fast, but in an effort to secure it better they have made compatibility issues with lots of sites and the phone version doesn't handle adblocking nearly as well as other options.

As for tracking, yes everything google tracks. It's not just Chrome, but using google search has tracking. While I get some privacy concerns, most of their tracking and be turned off or otherwise opted out of/avoided if it's that big of a thing. I use some of the tracking on purpose such as their history that shows where I've been and when. I have to turn in expense reports and whenever there is a question about where I traveled for work I have absolute proof. There really is nothing Google is going to store on me that will somehow harm me.

There are so many browsers out there now that are better than both of those, but it really depends on if you are talking about PC, Mac/iShit, Linux, or droid.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're about the same. I have both Opera and Chrome at home because for some reason Opera has a hard time playing videos on certain sites.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no privacy, no matter what anyone thinks. The US Gov't has ordered all of these guys to track and save everything for "national security' purposes. How do you think they're nailing these bombers so quick? When I write on SportsHoopla, I imagine some guy sitting in a cube somewhere in Virginia looking for key words and calling his boss over to look at my prose when he sees Obama, Clinton or Trump.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really only use a computer at work, but I use Chrome there. We are kind of limited and I don't know what version we have of Chrome or Firefox, but Chrome is just cleaner for some reason.

I have tried both on my phone and have been using Firefox there lately.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really only use a computer at work, but I use Chrome there. We are kind of limited and I don't know what version we have of Chrome or Firefox, but Chrome is just cleaner for some reason.

I have tried both on my phone and have been using Firefox there lately.

Shit, at work I have to use IE. At home I use chrome on my macbook and chrome on my phone (android).

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, at work I have to use IE. At home I use chrome on my macbook and chrome on my phone (android).
they gave us the option, which is nice. Glad we aren't stuck using IE, that would blow.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they gave us the option, which is nice. Glad we aren't stuck using IE, that would blow.

what blows more is we had two deflecting firewalls or something, tunnels we were going through to get to the net. so one was running http and the other https. the end result was we couldn't get your basic sites to load that would run both. we didn't have the proper certificates installed to make it run through the local network. after my first year here the problem finally got fixed, but beyond that each year our exemption runs out for the local network and we get kicked off and can't access or information.

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no privacy, no matter what anyone thinks. The US Gov't has ordered all of these guys to track and save everything for "national security' purposes. How do you think they're nailing these bombers so quick? When I write on SportsHoopla, I imagine some guy sitting in a cube somewhere in Virginia looking for key words and calling his boss over to look at my prose when he sees Obama, Clinton or Trump.
Well there is a lot of guests looking at threads :noidea:

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are so many browsers out there now that are better than both of those, but it really depends on if you are talking about PC, Mac/iShit, Linux, or droid.

:pound:

But yeah I am using PC (Windows 7) I have yet to upgrade to Windows 10.

Vivaldi is nice and I'm really liking it. Built by the original authors of Opera and uses Chrome extensions. I think they might have a mobile version too...

FWIW, Opera was rated best recently. Used it for a while a long time back and it was going through so many changes I quit using it.

nathans8823

Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vivaldi is nice and I'm really liking it. Built by the original authors of Opera and uses Chrome extensions. I think they might have a mobile version too...

FWIW, Opera was rated best recently. Used it for a while a long time back and it was going through so many changes I quit using it.
Vivaldi? Never heard of it... gonna give it a try right now actually.