• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire John Butler!!!

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially after that bad a defensive performance.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't out that all on Butler tonight. The defense failed to make tackles and routinely missed players making a move. If we have another performance like that I may consider jumping on this bandwagon.

Our offense also struggled and made mistakes at a few crucial points. I'll grant you that UCF played the game of hedging bets on interference or TDs with Robinson all night to explain some of the offensive struggles.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had multiple times to stop them on third down and our defense missed a tackle that continued the drive. I don't blame Butler for it all because he cant make those tackles for them. I have stated before I worry about any team that can throw the ball well because I don't trust our secondary and they confirmed it yesterday. They got burnt, were out of position, late to plays and missed tackles just like the rest of the defense. It could be a long season if we don't right the ship now.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't all on Butler. Team had plenty of chances to make plays they didn't make. DL was non existent, no pressure on QB at all. Poor tackling really hurt as well, Hull not close to 100% either and that is HUGE factor for defense.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fire the coach is usually an emotional response by an unhappy fan.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let them recruit some speed in the secondary and see what he can do. We are woefully slow and unathletic on the whole in the back end and it really showed against IU and OSU as well as UCF. They are recruiting better athletes in this class and going forward to play a style they want to play. Everyone wanted Bradley removed as DC his first year as well and he had a full stable of players to work with, not what Butler has been handed. OSU was just flat out far more athletic and we couldn't stop them if Nick Saban were coaching that day. Hell, he lost to UL-Monroe when he took over at Bama fresh off sanctions. People need to relax and give this staff a chance to recruit a couple full classes now and stock the cupboard.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely think that we need to cut him some slack here, but not too much. I read somewhere today that the last time PSU's defense gave up 40+ in 3 straight games was in the 1900's... Not sure how accurate that is but Emmert sure is getting his wish.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely think that we need to cut him some slack here, but not too much. I read somewhere today that the last time PSU's defense gave up 40+ in 3 straight games was in the 1900's... Not sure how accurate that is but Emmert sure is getting his wish.

there also weren't nearly as many hurry up, spread passing offenses in decades past. The game has changed, the rules have changed to favor offense as well. We also have 61 scholarship players right now and all those teams had 85. I think butler wants to play a much more aggressive style, but he can't without the speed in secondary and more depth at LB.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to beat a dead horse but this is another weak were the defense looked horrible and luckily this week it didn't cost them a win. Do you see Butler losing his job after the season? Last week BOB blew up saying Butler wasn't going any where and really defended him which changed my mind if Butler would be gone during the season. I still don't think it's all Butler and I feel its a mix of the poor secondary guys we have and some is the coverage.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to beat a dead horse but this is another weak were the defense looked horrible and luckily this week it didn't cost them a win. Do you see Butler losing his job after the season? Last week BOB blew up saying Butler wasn't going any where and really defended him which changed my mind if Butler would be gone during the season. I still don't think it's all Butler and I feel its a mix of the poor secondary guys we have and some is the coverage.

Did you want to fire Tom Bradley after his first year like the rest of the lynch mob who said he was in over his head?? Butler has 1 guy who belongs on the field in his secondary. He can call the perfect coverage, but if guys can not execute it, it doesn't matter. Jesse Delle Valle has no business anywhere other than special teams, Keiser could be a nice nickel back, Amos is hit or miss, but better as a nickel than anything, Willis is slow, WIlliams has been awful, outside of Lucas, nobody should be starting under normal circumstances. They have 61 players on ship, they realize they are deficient in secondary and have recruited to address it. If you think Butler is going anywhere after this season, you are dreaming. Also, Illinois was averaging around 30, so we did hold them 13 below season average. They put up 32 on Wisky and only Michy State has held them to less than Penn State, but they are the best D in B1G.

Frankly, I had a bigger problem with the offense yesterday. They missed many opportunities to put the game out of reach with dumb penalties, dropped passes and a couple bad throws, not to mention some bad calls by BOB. Game should've been over and ugly by halftime.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday it wasn't pretty on either side of the ball. I'm not saying we should fire him I was asking every ones thoughts on the matter.