• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fire Fisher and His Looney Tunes Staff

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we are now 5 games into the season and through the weakest part of our schedule, and we sit at 1-4 and have looked undisciplined, overmatched, disoriented, and out-coached getting there. At this point even on the Fisher sympathizers it must be slowly dawning on them that this guy is an idiot and hasn't a clue on how to coach a successful football team. Oh, yeah, he can talk the talk. But he's never proven that he can walk the walk.

And are his supporters going to point to those couple of seasons when he finished 13-3 and also his SB appearance to defend him? In that case I'll bring up his record of only 6 winning seasons in 20 years stat. And he was LUCKY to get to the SB with the Music City Miracle, so he didn't even deserve that.

Fisher's sad devotion to a lame, deer in the headlights QB was only the tip of the iceberg as far as inadequacies go for him as a coach. More indicators would be a stubborn refusal to make adjustments to things that aren't working----such as a pathetic offense for his entire tenure, this year a defense that allegedly has great talent and one of the best defensive lines (allegedly) in the league and turned them into truly awful. A team that continually leads or is near the top of the league in penalties. I could go on and on but I'm sure we you guys can point out much more.

What exactly does Fisher's staff do during the week anyway? They surely don't prepare for the upcoming game because every single week we look unprepared and out-coached by the time the game is over. The paradigm of that was the Philadelphia game, where we had TWO weeks to prepare coming off the bye and STILL looked like we'd been drinking the night before.

There is ALOT of dead wood on this team. It started with Bradford, continued with some of our draft picks, and ends with the coaching staff and whoever the idiots are that are responsible for squandering our gold mine of RG3 draft picks on the current stiffs we have on the team.

This team sucks dead turtle eggs, and it all falls at the feet of one Jeff Fisher--amicable, rules committee member, very long history in the league, always polite to the media, everybody likes..........but can't coach worth a damn.

When and if the Rams ever do achieve success sometime in the distant future, I think you will find that team will look completely different from top to bottom than this sad sack of bird dirt we have to put up with for who knows how long right now until Kroenke finally gets fed up with this, or until NO Rams fans show up at the stadium. They're already outnumbered by opposing fans at this point. Hello, Mr. Kroenke?? Doesn't that tell you something? If you think it will be any different elsewhere, like LA, think again. They didn't care when they had the Rams before when they stunk, you think they'll care now? Hello McFly, anybody home?

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buy the most part the RAMS have the players to compete but it's the coaching staff. Remember when the RAMS hired Vermeil? Vermeil then hired a strong coaching staff to go with him. That turned the RAMS around. That's what the RAMS need. Since Vermeil the RAMS have hired only low salary scrubs until Fisher. Fisher was the first big name since Vermeil but the game had passed him by before he coached his first game. RAMS need a big name head coach that is in the now. RAMS have the talent to respond.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where to start. I usually hate the prevent defense as its the fastest way to give up chunks of yards. However, with the clock running down and SF not stopping it with 2 TO's in the bank, how can any Coach not have 1 or both safeties deep. JJ made a stupid, stupid, stupide play (Just watched the Rainmaker) but no one behind him. Scary things is that something like that doesn't surprise me anymore.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buy the most part the RAMS have the players to compete but it's the coaching staff. Remember when the RAMS hired Vermeil? Vermeil then hired a strong coaching staff to go with him. That turned the RAMS around. That's what the RAMS need. Since Vermeil the RAMS have hired only low salary scrubs until Fisher. Fisher was the first big name since Vermeil but the game had passed him by before he coached his first game. RAMS need a big name head coach that is in the now. RAMS have the talent to respond.

Sad thing is Chili, Fisher IS one of the highest paid coaches in the league---to a tune of 7 million a year. That just adds salt to the wound. I didn't even remember that. So we're paying premium $$$ for complete ineptitude. Nice, if you're an opponent of the Rams.......

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ONLY way Fisher retains his job (in my eyes, at least) is if he were to pull off some sort of miracle and finish with at least 10 wins this season. There is far too much talent on this team to be 1-4.

As terrified as I am about the prospect of starting over... again... I figure the sooner we drop Fisher, the sooner we can move on to the next 3 to 4 years of disappointment. And hey... we're always looking for the next future ex-coach of the St. Louis Rams. At least we'll all be happy again for another year 'til it all falls apart.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Gruden sounds more fired up than ever. I think when his contract expires, he would consider coaching again. As Retro said, Kroenke should dump however much $$$$$ is necessary to hire Gruden.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we do lose out and do decide to clean house, one has to wonder?

What the hell will become of these buffoons? Snead/Fisher/Shotty/G. Williams?? Will they go to another team and get another shot? Or ...will their poor management decisions created here discourage teams from rehiring them?

Curious to hear Boss's comment......

heck, if we're cleaning house might as well throw Bradford in !!

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What the hell will become of these buffoons? Snead/Fisher/Shotty/G. Williams?? Will they go to another team and get another shot? Or ...will their poor management decisions created here discourage teams from rehiring them?

I honestly don't believe that Snead is all that much of the problem. There has been a lot of talent injected into the roster over the last 3 years. That being said... it's tough not to hold the coaching staff accountable so far.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clean house. GM, Head Coach, OC and especially DC

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't believe that Snead is all that much of the problem. There has been a lot of talent injected into the roster over the last 3 years. That being said... it's tough not to hold the coaching staff accountable so far.

I agree....Snead may buy the groceries, but he's not responsible for cooking the meal. But I do believe he could have selected more rib eye at times instead of cold cuts!....

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Fisher has really harmed his reputation with the job he's done in St. Louis. If he is unceremoniously let go after this season he will have no opportunity to redeem himself and I doubt he ever gets another HC position in this league. Perhaps he would be hired as a DC but that's about all he can hope for after his tenured debacle in St. Louis. As far as Shottenheimer.....I think he'd be lucky to get a job coaching an elementary school intramural squad. Guy is the biggest idiot in the NFL as far as I'm concerned. I think Williams would be through as well, although maybe somebody like the Raiders, who seem to revel in dysfunctional behavior just like the Rams, would give him a shot. Snead would be gone. The drafting mistakes can't be ignored, and he has the most say in that area. And Bradford.....well, his only fan would be Fisher and if Fisher is gone thank heaven Bradford would not survive either. Probably be a career backup someplace else.

Don't understand why the Rams organization has to be the "Display Franchise" for all the idiots in the NFL. Is it because the team is cursed like Retro claims, or is it because the apathetic fans (excluding present company on this board) don't care enough to demand a better product? We seem to care more than the average St. Louis fan or even the owner for that matter, and we are in the minority by a severe difference. Again, as Retro has so many times pointed out, this used to be a proud franchise. Now its just an irrelevant team that nobody around the league talks about or cares about.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In your first paragraph Boss, you are thinking like a rational, goal-oriented, with-a-purpose owner of which we do not have. Kroneke is so silent, nobody knows what he really wants as an owner. Your second paragraph is closer to reality and thus this franchise will be in the shitter for the foreseeable future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desire is what seems to be missing in the Rams Front Office and that could take a very long time to change. So Fish and Co is what we got and that's not gonna change any time soon. The young Ram players will have their careers screwed up just like like Sam because no one cares. Lets face it....we have a soccer fan as an owner. Not very promising.

Sportsdude101

Title Town
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher needs better talent but by the looks of all the empty seats last night, the rams don't have the revenue to give him that.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats an insult to the loony toons :bawling: TV show > Rams

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is some record-breaking bad coaching, especially on defense. Other than some short yardage run stops, the 49ers stopped themselves with drops and penalties more than the Rams stopped them. The Rams simply dodged a few bullets in the first quarter (namely some bad drops and penalties by the rusty Davis). The Rams were completely outclassed last night.

It can't be just the missing Chris Long that turned this terrific defensive line into a record-breakingingly poor pass rush. The Rams can't sniff the QB, even when the secondary manages to make the QB hold onto the ball. The first guy gone should be coach Williams. There is no explanation for playing CBs nearly 10 yards off the receivers while you can't get any semblance of a pass rush. Free release WRs (and TEs) running free in the secondary while the QB has all day to find them, and not just against the Niners.

Why does Shoddy actually start the game with some interesting play calling, only to go super-vanilla once they get a lead? He turtled into his shell as soon as the game began to turn. Yeah, it's nice to bluff Tavon on the end around a bunch of times, but that loses it's affect if you don't actually give him the ball on that play half the time. It's like play action passing without ever running the ball.

I'm OK with Snead, but the coaching has been awful. Positives? We finally saw Robinson, and he was fine. Finally saw Mason, and he ran the most explosively of the three RBs used. All the Rams rookies made some nice plays, but the vets, especially on defense, got largely roasted.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds: